Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

micropore tape?

+2
kay
silverpanther
6 posters

Go down

micropore tape?  Empty micropore tape?

Post by silverpanther 12th February 2013, 9:19 am

Hi ladies,

I'm 3 weeks post op, and was told to put micropore tape on my scars after showering.

The thing is that the tape is quite sticky, basically like masking tape, and I get scared when taking it off (in the shower with lots of water running over it) it tears off the scabs my scars are making- so I started putting a round cotton pad over the scar, and tape over that to hold it on. Is this ok?

I just thought that it was probably bad to keep removing the scab when the scar is trying to heal itself, but I've just realised that maybe the tape is keeping the scar 'together' in some way, or supporting it? And if I've got just a cotton pad over it, am I not supporting it enough?

Thanks for advice
Heart
silverpanther
silverpanther
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 306

Back to top Go down

micropore tape?  Empty Re: micropore tape?

Post by kay 12th February 2013, 10:29 am

I had to wear micropore tape for a few weeks x It helps to flatten out the scars xx

I wouldn't put a cotton pad under it nope defeats the object and you are giving a nice warm environment for bacteria to grow nope

If you have been advised to put tape on and that you can shower with it then I would do that xx I would only remove it and refresh if the old tape is READY to come off xx if not leave it in place till the following day xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by silverpanther 12th February 2013, 10:52 am

Ok, thanks Kay- do you think its ok to leave the tape even if its wet after showering?

Will change it now, and remove the pad!
Thanks
Stars
silverpanther
silverpanther
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 12th February 2013, 11:43 am

If you've been requested to remove the tape and replace after each shower then that's what you should do sweetie, if not you can use a hair dryer to thoroughly dry the tape and wound hun, but you MUST ensure the tape and wound is thoroughly dry.

Just to add, micropore tape is breathable so allows the air to still get to your wound. If you're applying any sort of cushioning you're not letting the air get to the wound and it will take longer to heal babe.

If the tape is tearing at the scabs when removing in the shower, that's not really helping the wound heal babe as the wound is just constantly being disturbed. I'd call the clinic and request further advice babe. Maybe steri-strips on where the wound needs a little more attention for a while which can be left on for a few days until they start to peel off on their own would be better rather than you having to constantly open up your wounds after every shower. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 12th February 2013, 2:38 pm

I had to wear micropore tape for 3 months but was told to only remove it when it was hanging off otherwise I just had to dry it following a shower. It surprised me how long it lasted!!
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 12th February 2013, 2:42 pm

I had micropore tape also. I had mine on for a few dyas showered with it on and had to dry it with a HAIRDRYER after. It's easier to peel off in the shower then replace it once your scars are completely dry. X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by silverpanther 12th February 2013, 2:44 pm

Ok, I will try leaving it on a bit longer and drying it with a hairdryer. Thank you girls! :)

If that doesn't go well I will call the clinic! :)

Give You
silverpanther
silverpanther
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by littlewellies 12th February 2013, 2:50 pm

Been given mine today, she said worst thing u can do us keep changing it, get it wet whenever you shower and let it come naturally as the adhesive comes off which should be after a few showers - suits me it sounds far less painful!!! Xx
littlewellies
littlewellies
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 970

Back to top Go down

Post by silverpanther 12th February 2013, 2:52 pm

ooops,,, why did they not tell me this!! Damn! Well my scars do seem to be healed really well so far, so hopefully I haven't done much damage yet. I will keep it on as long as possible now.

:ok: thanks
silverpanther
silverpanther
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by littlewellies 12th February 2013, 2:54 pm

I didn't even ask my mum did lol all I wanted to know was can I have a bath xx
littlewellies
littlewellies
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 970

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down