Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Micropore tape

+2
nads
_Carrie_
6 posters

Go down

Micropore tape Empty Micropore tape

Post by _Carrie_ 23rd February 2009, 10:52 am

Hi all

I was told to use Micropore tape and to change it when I felt it necessary. I've been changing it every day after my shower as I don't like the idea of wet tape on my scars which could breed bacteria. BUT...am I increasing my risk of infection by taking it off every day?? I don't know what to do for the best. I'm not applying anything yet - just taking off the tape, drying with a clean tissue and putting some more tape on quick.

It also worries me that the tape isn't sterile...should I go and buy something different?

Would love to know how you all look(ed) after your scars as I'm so afraid of doing something wrong...

They look quite good though, which is great!

C x
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

Micropore tape Empty Re: Micropore tape

Post by nads 23rd February 2009, 11:14 am

I used micropore tape at around 3 weeks hun, i would take it off before the bath/shower, pat incisions dry and replace with fresh tape, if you replace with new tape after every bath it should be sterile still x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by _Carrie_ 23rd February 2009, 11:23 am

Oh ok...I was worried about shampoo etc irritating the scars so that's why I left it on. Yes I always use clean tape.

So do you think the Micropore tape is ok at under 2 weeks? What did you use for the first 3 weeks or did you still have dressings on? Can't remember!

Also...when did you start using Dermatix? I've got it waiting in my drawer, all ready!

C x
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 23rd February 2009, 11:25 am

Started using that at around 5-6 weeks hun but its best to ask your ps for the all clear as your incisions have to be closed first. Basically i had ster strips on for the first 2 weeks then my ps replaced them and told me to leave those on for 7 days, after than i used micropore tape xxx
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda2k10 23rd February 2009, 11:52 am

isnt it strange how we all get told different, i had my steri strips changed at 6 days and was told to remove the new ones at day 11. then i could shower as normal but not to let any soap or shampoo go on the incisions until my 6 wk check.
i havnt heard of micro tape or dermatix??????? do you need these things????? if so were do i buy?????
sorry for all the questions hee hee
hugs
amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
amanda2k10
amanda2k10
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 23rd February 2009, 11:59 am

I wouldn't worry hun just follow your surgeons advice, micropore tape is a breatheable tape similar to steri strips and dermatix is a scar minimising gel, both available on ebay xxx
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by angelicfruitcake 23rd February 2009, 12:45 pm

I used sterile [individually packed gauze] over my incisions then Micropore to fasten. It won't be sterile after it's opened, but if you wash your hands before putting on some latex [or vinyl] gloves then they will be as clean as possible anyway :)
angelicfruitcake
angelicfruitcake
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeBarbie 23rd February 2009, 12:49 pm

At my 7 day check, the nurse gave me packs of steri strips. I took them off before a shower, then after my shower she told me to pat scars and dry them with a hairdryer to make sure they're completely dry, then put new strip on. Once they'd all ran out i didnt have to use anything on them anymore, just make sure they were dry. I havent used anything on my scars and they are barely visible x
BlondeBarbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1849

Back to top Go down

Post by _Carrie_ 24th February 2009, 7:53 am

Arrrrrggghhhh - so confusing! Love the hairdryer idea though...will pinch that one for sure!

Think I may ring the nurse and ask again for my ps's advice as I'm so forgetful...I guess the best thing to do is just follow what he says. But tbh it sounds like you can do what you like and it all seems to be ok in the end!

C x
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by emrussell79 24th February 2009, 10:06 am

Hi ladies, i had my dressings removed on day 7 and the nurse put steristrips on (both crease scar and nipple scars). She told me that if i started to get any irritation again then to just go to the chemist and get something different and change it myself.

After my first BA the nurse gave me a roll of Micropore tape to use after my showers (after 2 weeks) so i have just being using that and i havent had any probs with it, although im not allowed to shower yet!

As long as you dry the area properly before placing more tape on it should be ok x
emrussell79
emrussell79
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 317

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down