Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worried about Implant Size...

4 posters

Go down

Worried about Implant Size... Empty Worried about Implant Size...

Post by Bingbunny 16th October 2013, 10:40 pm

Hi there,

New to this site. Went for my consultation at the Nuffield in Glasgow with Mr Ben Chew. I just went myself and to be honest was a bit embarrased although Ben was a really nice professional guy who put me at ease. Anyway, I have booked for December and he has recommend Nagor Impleo HR 390 cc. I am 5'6 and weigh 8 stone 9lb. I am going for unders... really wanted to be a double D, but from doing a bit of research, I'm not sure I'm going to get that... Just don't want to go under the knife to be disappointed. I didn't show him a photo of what I wanted to achieve and wish I had now, I know PS tend to be a bit conservative. Any advice appreciated. xx
Bingbunny
Bingbunny
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Worried about Implant Size... Empty Re: Worried about Implant Size...

Post by COOKIE 16th October 2013, 11:03 pm

Hello and welcome to Breast Buddies Bingbunny wavey 

As you're pre BA you might find the information we have in the 'Breast Augmentation Information' section of the forum of interest to you. Its filled with so much to help you better understand the procedure and to help yourself feel better prepared.  As this section is for introduction only any questions or concerns you might have just ask away in here in the Uplift/Reduction and Nipple Lift Surgeries section of the forum, because I'm presuming its a lift you're having?

No surgery questions ever go unanswered here and our lovely ladies will always be more than happy to help you if they can.

Ben Chew is a member of BAPRAS so you know he's a good surgeon who you saw... In saying that, it really is always worth going for more than one consultation so that you can at least have one other surgery plan and consultation to compare to so you KNOW you're happy with your choice and the surgery plan made. For a procedure as technical as a lift you've been wise to stick with a surgeon with a speciality in reconstruction under their belt yes 

The age old favoured DD seems to be the most desirable of all cupsizes... Until women actually realise its not a one cup size fits all, so you may find this thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] helpful in getting a better understanding. This thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] also might help when discussing sizes with your surgeon.

The Nagor Impleo is an excellent choice of implant babe. Its the new 5th generation implant, commonly known as the gummy bear, so if you were to cut through the entire implant, it would remain the same shape... Its form stable, so incase of rupture these implants present very little risk of bleed. They also reduce the risk of capsular contracture also hun.

You've been offered a good size implant to for your size hun... You're quite tall but slim and always remember, the smaller/slimmer you are, the less CCs are required per cup size. Its best also not to compare with others too babe. We all have an anatomy that is unique to ourselves and there are so many factors that have to be taken into consideration by your surgeon when making choices for YOU, which will differ, even for someone possibly the same height and weight as you and this is because of the small differences in our bodies, that make us unique.

What I'd personally advise you to do is research before booking anything. It sounds like you've already done some. So maybe take a look at a few more surgeons... Or, if you're happy with Mr Chew, who does have a very good reputation, don't be afraid of going back to see him of a second consultation loaded with the pics of the 'look' you like. Its not at all uncommon to have a second consultation and I would infact advise it hun... It just gives you the opportunity as you've found here to go home, research the plan, see things you wished you'd have discussed more indepth based on what you've been offered and then a chance to go back and cross all the Ts and dot all the Is, so you then feel 100% confident that you've made the right choice. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gleaming 17th October 2013, 8:32 am

Hi and welcome :) We all worry about the 'right sized' implant-have you tried the ricers? Basically fill a stocking with 390g dried rice and wear in your bra... I think the 1st appointment is a little early to be 100% on size- I think it's more to get an idea about the surgeon, discuss what you want and what your body can handle then to go away do some research and have a think.

Try wearing the rice sizers in your bra for a 'rough' idea, then make another appointment with him to specifically discuss size again :) xx
Gleaming
Gleaming
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 758

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 17th October 2013, 9:04 am

A DD is what every woman says they want to be at first but perceptions of size is so varied! For example a DD in one shop is a E in another etc... So the advice always is to focus on the look not the amount of cc's because sizing is t an exact sizing hence why implants are measured in cc and not cup size...
Maybe go for another consultation like gleaming suggested so you can compare surgery plans because if not you will always have the what ifs in your head! Xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down