Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worried about the type of implant I have

+4
caramelpie
nads
renz
MsTeews
8 posters

Go down

Worried about the type of implant I have Empty Worried about the type of implant I have

Post by MsTeews 13th May 2009, 9:12 am

I couldn't find my implants in the regular Inamed/Allergan catalogue, but I think I have the CUI ones, as the reference on the ID card I have is MHP-410 (http://www.puls-norge.no/upload/Puls/BR-Brosjyrer/RP%20Brystproteser/130,015%20Rev.%2001%20CUI%20MLP%20&%20MHP.pdf).

From what I've read they are not FDA approved and do not have a life warranty even though surgeon informed me that they did have a warranty. I also seem to have gotten the high profile implants after been told I was getting moderate profile.

I feel ripped off as I paid £4,800 for the surgery and on top of it I've gotten implants now that are not even approved and I'm worried about this.
MsTeews
MsTeews
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 731

Back to top Go down

Worried about the type of implant I have Empty Re: Worried about the type of implant I have

Post by renz 13th May 2009, 9:22 am

hmmm that sounds strange hun...poor u. Ring up your PC and explain your concerns x
renz
renz
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 647

Back to top Go down

Worried about the type of implant I have Empty Re: Worried about the type of implant I have

Post by nads 13th May 2009, 9:23 am

Who did you go with MT? Your implants have a 10 year warranty which is sufficient as most complications happen within 5 years. If you read Snakes post about PIP implants the lifetime warranty only provides £750 towards surgery fees and new implants, so i wouldn't worry too much.
Allergan CUIs are made to a high standard, but are just a more standard type of implant:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

HTH x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by MsTeews 13th May 2009, 9:47 am

I feel like its my fault for wanting the op done in a hurry before starting a new job :( . Because I chose to have the op two weeks after my consultation it feels like I got whatever was available at the time without any choice or much info on the available implants.

Originally I was suggested 450cc, then when I paid up the surgeon told me that they didnt come in this size anymore. He informed me of the 410's and 460's and that it would probably be the 410 he would go with. Because of this I could not get my asymetry fixed either (as the 460 in my smaller breast would still create an imbalance and didnt know whether I would have space for it).

I mean why suggest the 450's at the time of the consultation and then it is no longer available.

I dunno, feel a bit down about it knowing that there are so many other implants out there he could have used and I could have gotten the size I wanted and my asymetry corrected. Sorry if im whinging but I almost feel like he saw me coming.
MsTeews
MsTeews
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 13th May 2009, 10:04 am

Sorry you feel down hun, are you happy with your boobs now or is the size bothering you?
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by MsTeews 13th May 2009, 10:33 am

The size is in proportion to my frame although I wouldn't have minded a bit bigger but I wouldnt have had the space for it from what my PS told me.

What bothers me is the asymetry. I dont really see it in the mirror unless I stand profile wise but when I take photos head on its very apparent. The surgeon noticed it too at the time of consultation so I wonder if anyone else does and feeling self conscious of it now.

Sorry think Im having a bad booby day today, happens when I take pics :(
MsTeews
MsTeews
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by caramelpie 13th May 2009, 2:04 pm

hi honey

i am sorry you are feeling down. i have the same implants as you (altho 525 ccs) and i am not really worried. i deliberately haven't done too much research into the type of implant because i just feel that if something is going to go wrong, it will, no matter what implants i have (within reason, as long as they are obviously a decent standard) do u know what i mean?

for example encapsulation or rupture etc, i just feel like if i am sadly unlucky for that to happen to me, it is not going to be dramatically more likely because of the implant brand.

maybe this is just me rationalising...we all have these bad days honey. if you are really worried call your pc for some advice. i would be interested to hear how you get on xxxxx
caramelpie
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by MsTeews 13th May 2009, 3:59 pm

Yea you're right, its just I wonder why they are not FDA approved.

I found this article [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I don't know what in vivo behaviour means, but I think that's what they study with the FDA approved ones. I'm guessing the way they behave once you have them implanted?
MsTeews
MsTeews
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 13th May 2009, 4:52 pm

Hey lovely, I have the CUI implants and I did a heck of a lot of research before my op. (In vivo means in the living)

They do have a 10 year warranty, and are the cheaper option, but I was happy to have them. I was more worried about having PIPs more than the CUIs, but fortunately my company doesn't use them.

Everything wil be fine with the implant.

As for your recieving HP rather than mods, have you brought this issue up with your PS?

x
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 13th May 2009, 4:56 pm

Also, if you're worried feel free to voice your concern with Snake here (he's the author of harley Street Secrets):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by MsTeews 14th May 2009, 8:06 am

Thanks, I'm feel better now. I'm seeing my PS next week so i'll mention it.

I just expected that I would at least get FDA approved implants seeing how expensive the op was, but its true what caramelpie says that if you're unlucky enough for something to happen it doesnt matter what type of implant you have.
MsTeews
MsTeews
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel09 14th May 2009, 10:04 am

I have CUI too and after everything I'd read on here and the research that had already been done I was happy to go with those x
Rachel09
Rachel09
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 564

Back to top Go down

Post by K1M 14th May 2009, 8:57 pm

Anyone had PIP implants? I'm going with HMG and I think these are the only one's they use, but then after reading a few things i've heard that they're not that good. Getting worried now, my remaining balance has to be paid before i meet with my surgeon. Can anyone set my mind at rest? Should i be worried? x
K1M
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by moonmar 15th May 2009, 11:36 am

K1M wrote:Anyone had PIP implants? I'm going with HMG and I think these are the only one's they use, but then after reading a few things i've heard that they're not that good. Getting worried now, my remaining balance has to be paid before i meet with my surgeon. Can anyone set my mind at rest? Should i be worried? x

I knew they made you pay a deposit at HMG before seeing the surgeon, but the whole balance?? Sounds strange, i would call them up and ask if you can pay after you've seen him.
moonmar
moonmar
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1377

Back to top Go down

Post by K1M 15th May 2009, 12:57 pm

It's because it needs paying 25 working days before my operation. I needed my op doing pretty soon as i'm starting a new job in september, so my first consultation was 1st may, and my op is 16th june. I think this is maybe why. Do you think i should ring them anyway??
should i be worried about PIP implants? x
K1M
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down