Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post surgery bra

+4
Ding_dongs
jenniferrf1
Becciann84
Gleaming
8 posters

Go down

Post surgery bra Empty Post surgery bra

Post by Gleaming 7th October 2013, 7:32 am

Hi ladies,

just needed some post-surgery bra advise...

My surgeon has said I need to wear a supportive/sports bra 24/7 for 6 weeks, then days only for 6weeks, but said he doesn't have a preference as to what bra I should get. I've had a look around and ordered some full support/non-wired maternity bras:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I've ordered a few in 32DD like he said, and ordered some bra extenders too in case of swelling... Do you think these will be ok post surgery, or do I specifically need a fastening 'sports bra' too ? (Sorry I don't really get the difference....) xxx
Gleaming
Gleaming
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 758

Back to top Go down

Post surgery bra Empty Re: Post surgery bra

Post by Becciann84 7th October 2013, 7:49 am

Hi Hun obviously I'm still pre ba so bit 100% sure, but I wonder if those maternity ones have got as much support as a macom or sports bra? I'm sure someone more knowledgable will be along to help soon x
Becciann84
Becciann84
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 628

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 7th October 2013, 7:50 am

That bra you've posted the link to says it has a little padding which it shouldn't have as far as I'm aware...

From all the time I've been here I've seen women wearing sports bras only not maternity bras and it must be due a reason although I'm not sure what that reason is!

I would say get a sports bra instead because there are lots out there so it's worth it rather then wearing a maternity bra just incase there is a difference...there are many like the triumph, shock absorbers and m&s do great ones also... why go against the grain if you know something works? :)

Obviously see what the other ladies say though because I may be wrong! And it might be ok! :) xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Ding_dongs 7th October 2013, 8:15 am

Hi, I took two different sizes with me to the hospital, and remember to take your back extenders as I had to use three to start off with, and as the days went on you can take them off!
I went for theses From m&s their comfortable and I had no problems when I returned the other set a month later!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Be warned though my surgeon said I would be a 32D and only 2weeks after I thought my sports bra was far too tight, even though my surgeon said there's no more swelling, so I had to go and get measure just to get an idea what to buy, and I measured 32E, so best to buy a few different sizes and keep the receipt :)

Good luck x
Ding_dongs
Ding_dongs
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Gleaming 7th October 2013, 10:46 am

Thanks girls, I'm gonna order a couple of sports bras now that I can use my extenders with if need be...

Ding-Dongs, what size were you pre-op and what implants/size & placement did you have? I'm currently 32B so with 375 anatomical partials I'm assuming that'll take me to DD... Gosh it's all so confusing xx
Gleaming
Gleaming
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 7th October 2013, 10:47 am

Definitely a sports bra. Shock Absorber's are my favourites x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th October 2013, 11:35 am

You're going to need to be looking at 'high impact' sportsbras babe. I love the triumph tri-action extreme myself, other popular favs are as Princess says the shock absorbers, also the M&S high impact pack of two budget pack for £25 get good reviews. If you'd prefer a front fastener then the M&S front fastening bra is very popular along with the Macom hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gleaming 7th October 2013, 11:52 am

Thanks :) I've ordered a shock absorber with normal back fastening so I can use an extender with it if need be, and I'll order a m&s sports bra 2 pack aswell for now :) xx
Gleaming
Gleaming
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Ding_dongs 7th October 2013, 5:54 pm

Gleaming, I was a 32A/B before the op, and had 325 under the muscle, although I've been measured a 32E they look natural and aren't in your face! I'm Just in proportion now!!
Consultant can't give you a def size after the op but they have a rough idea, best to have a few different sizes with you just for choice, just keep the receipts :) shock absorbers are brilliant :) so comfortable, x
Ding_dongs
Ding_dongs
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gleaming 7th October 2013, 7:53 pm

Thanks hun, wow bet you're pleased with your results :)

Well luckily my sister has managed to dig out her medium macoms from her BA a couple of years ago, so I'll send the maternity bra's back (once they come lol) and I have a few decent bras to get me started :D xxx
Gleaming
Gleaming
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Ding_dongs 7th October 2013, 7:59 pm

That's alright no worries! Yeh really pleased, still a long way off yet but going well. Good luck with yours :) x
Ding_dongs
Ding_dongs
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 7th October 2013, 10:58 pm

definitely a macom to start off with hun, as then you don't need to deal with all the headaches of what size am i going to be!

i took 5 different sportsbras to the hospital and a macom, and the nurse chose to fit me into the macom.

after about two weeks when they were less fragile i carefully tried on some other sportsbras, but the macoms were a definite blessing to begin with!

and i still use one to sleep in, as they are just the comfiest things :)
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Post by Specialkj 8th October 2013, 5:46 am

Hi hun, I had a classic shock absorber, then got the M and S 2 pack which have become my favourites. I wear mine 24/7 as don't feel comfortable without in bed.

I got 34c and 34d to take in, started a 34c but these are now too small for me!!! The bra extenders are amazing, I had 3 on at some points. The nurse at Mcindoe was pleased I had them as she says roger sometimes forgot to tell girls to get them!

It's all so exciting!!!!
Xxxx
Specialkj
Specialkj
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 902

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down