Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Surgery Bra's / Sports Bra's - which one to get?

4 posters

Go down

Post Surgery Bra's / Sports Bra's - which one to get? Empty Post Surgery Bra's / Sports Bra's - which one to get?

Post by sarahsbabies 27th June 2009, 8:32 pm

Hiya girls

I was just reading through Rachel09's post about her 6 week check and bra's and it got me thinking that I might not have bought the right bra's for after my op. I've got two Royce Post Surgery Bra's in different sizes (the ones that Rachel put us on to that were a bargain on Figleaf). Anyway, after reading Mia's post about how a post surgery bra supports whereas a Sports bra squashes, I was wondering do I need to get a sports bra for my PS to put on after my surgery and not a post surgery bra.. Arrrgggh confused.com Screwy . I started to write him an email, then thought I sounded like a complete idiot, so thought I'd ask you girls instead Hug , don't mind sounding like an idiot on here 👍

Thanks in advance

Sarah Give You
sarahsbabies
sarahsbabies
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1570

Back to top Go down

Post Surgery Bra's / Sports Bra's - which one to get? Empty Re: Post Surgery Bra's / Sports Bra's - which one to get?

Post by sarahsbabies 27th June 2009, 8:35 pm

Oh, just wanted to remind you that I'm having the anchor uplift if that makes any difference :)
sarahsbabies
sarahsbabies
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post Surgery Bra's / Sports Bra's - which one to get? Empty Re: Post Surgery Bra's / Sports Bra's - which one to get?

Post by nads 27th June 2009, 8:40 pm

After my op i just had the strap over my boobs and bandages over my incisions, in the morning i put on a bra over this. I got the Marena bra with my package which was very comfortable and is a post surgery compression bra. Maybe ask your ps if he recommends a compression bra as you're having an uplift as it might be different, i would take the 2 you have with you to the hospital

x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 27th June 2009, 9:17 pm

Hiya Sarahsbabies!!

Sounds like I may have caused some confusion...I do apoligise Hug xx
I must read back!

Anyway, I wore the Royce post-op surgery bra with silver for healing, I got two (unfortunately not in sale) They are ideal as they are front opening and do everything needed, and for uplift girls even better I think, as seamless and good for a peek and ice bags etc.

I think Rachel was talking about after six week check when she can come out of sports bras and has been advised to wear no bra, or, a support bra which is different Screwy
I think bras are causing us all more hassle now than pre-op Hysterical

So, in my opinion you have the best bra for you straight off and up untill 6weekcheck. I did also buy the shock absorber mutiway to wear going out as they are less visible in clothes and it was xmas time. They are also seamless but I found they came up smaller fitting than the Royce. I would certainly buy the Royce again for the many benefits..band lower than incisions, cool, comfortable and breathable and stretchy enough to accommodate dressings and swelling. They are reccommended for reconstruction and B.A. surgery if you check reviews.

Hope I have not caused any more confusion, and perhaps maybe settled your mind Hug xxxxx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by dbs 27th June 2009, 9:26 pm

I asked him about bras he said to get the front fastening zip one from m and s in a size bigger due to swelling- well I went to m and s but they didnt have the dd so had to go for a d instead as they said you cant order them anymore (credit crunch and all that)...will be keeping my eye out for one and hopefully swop it with my D one when and if I find it.

I bought the royse post op one too, I didnt specifically ask him about it but he did say they need to be kept in place as thats how they will heal, - that made me think the post op bra might be to flimsy but the shoulder straps can be hoisted quite high so Ill bring both on the day and see which one he recommends out of the two.

I thought maby the post op one would be a good one to sleep in as it looks more comfy and looks like it could handle the swelling without feeling to tight...not sure... I find it confusing so thought Id get both as im sure ill use them either way.
dbs
dbs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1142

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahsbabies 28th June 2009, 5:58 am

Thanks Mia, it's not what you said that confused me, its thinking back to things my PS has said and like dbs said, I was wondering if the Royce one would 'hold me in place', as he's mentioned something about that. He did mention M&S to me aswell, but I just thought that was his shop of choice (like my inlaws). I'll pay them a trip and see if they've got the one you mention, then he'll have a choice of what to put on, better to be safe than sorry :) .

Oh dbs, he told me that he's got 4 ladies booked in for the 10th now.
sarahsbabies
sarahsbabies
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dbs 28th June 2009, 9:54 am

wow 4!!, he is a popular surgeon. I wonder why... Hysterical

do you know what time you'll be seen?
dbs
dbs
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahsbabies 28th June 2009, 12:00 pm

I did ask, he said the day cases would be first and I would probably be third so about 2.30 as the other uplift isn't having implants aswell so wont take as long as me.

I forgot to ask about the rooms, did you remember?

I've been to M&S this morning and got the zip up sports bra aswell, he said to get 34DD but they didn't have that size so I got the 34E, tried it on and its quite snug and I'm 34D at the moment so probably be ok. That'll do for now I think :)
sarahsbabies
sarahsbabies
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dbs 28th June 2009, 12:16 pm

no I forgot to ask that one sorry!, I didnt think to get the E- I might try that one if I cant find the DD.
dbs
dbs
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahsbabies 28th June 2009, 4:12 pm

I'm sure we'll get our own room. When I phoned Spire and asked how much the procedure would be they quoted over £7k, so I'm sure you wouldn't be expected to share if you're paying over 7k. Not that I'd mind sharing with you of course :) .

The E was certainly squashing what I already have and when I jumped up and down to check, nothing moved. I'm happy with the E, its not like they are an underwired bra with the fitting, so I'm not worried anymore. I'm good to go.
sarahsbabies
sarahsbabies
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down