Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Surgery Depression - serious post (sorry)

+11
mirren001
COOKIE
angie8131
friedeggs
loclo26
Nicole
Lisa34
lil-happy-jo
littlemiss
balamoryyellfruit
kenzie1985
15 posters

Go down

Post Surgery Depression - serious post (sorry) Empty Post Surgery Depression - serious post (sorry)

Post by kenzie1985 5th April 2013, 6:08 pm

Hi,

Have any of you experienced post surgery depression.
I've had depression for years but have been fine for a good few years.
I'm feeling exceptionally emotional,tiredness,sadness,constant tears ,still feeling crap about my surgery.

I did discover 3 weeks before surgery that I may have BDD.
Was advised not to have any surgery etc. It was an OOH doctor ,so was added to my file.

Not sure how I feel about anything anymore, even my marriage.
I feel so disconnected from everything.

Is this still boobie blues making me feel worse or should I seek help.
I have work on Monday and I can't be feeling like this at my desk.

Any advice..sorry for such a serious post.
kenzie1985
kenzie1985
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1068

Back to top Go down

Post Surgery Depression - serious post (sorry) Empty Re: Post Surgery Depression - serious post (sorry)

Post by balamoryyellfruit 5th April 2013, 6:35 pm

Have you spoken to your GP about any of this? Or may be spoken to the OOH doctor again? If you're not feeling like your usual self please don't be making yourself rush in to work Hug sorry you're feeling this way x
balamoryyellfruit
balamoryyellfruit
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1623

http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img]http://tickers.T

Back to top Go down

Post Surgery Depression - serious post (sorry) Empty Re: Post Surgery Depression - serious post (sorry)

Post by littlemiss 5th April 2013, 6:38 pm

Kenzie - I don't suffer from anything like this, and I don't have post op blues, I am really happy with them....... BUT I did cry when I left the hospital for no apparent reason. I think it's just quite an intense experience and they use lots of drugs? I think it can all be quite a lot to take on if you suffer a bit anyway? I am sure things will settle. Give it time. Do speak to your doc tho sweetie. No sense in feeling weighed down and suffering. Get it off your fabulous new chest with someone professional and then see how you feel?

Sorry I can't offer anything more helpful. But we are here if you want to talk about it. Chin up xxxx
littlemiss
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 447

Back to top Go down

Post by lil-happy-jo 5th April 2013, 6:58 pm

It could just be boobie blues hun, but you shouldn't suffer alone and I doubt we are qualified to give advice. You really should have a chat with someone, maybe your GP or someone that may have helped you before maybe councillor. Give it a few days as you're still early days, but if you dont feel better love then please, get some help xx
lil-happy-jo
lil-happy-jo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 437

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 5th April 2013, 7:05 pm

Kenzie Huni x I'm sure the lovely cookie will be able to give you much better advice than I can x

I suffered with terrible boobie blues, I sobbed and sobbed for days! I have also suffered with depression for many years ( since 1998) on and off. I suffered with terrible panic attacks, although I havnt had a full blown one for a few years now.

My new gp wanted to send me to a BDD clinic even though I had seen a psychiatrist that agreed that I didn't have BDD and that I needed surgery. (It's a very long story). My ps refused to operate until he had recieved a copy of the letter from my psychiatrist.

If I were you I would go back to my gp, your obviously very unhappy at the moment and sound like you could do with a little help x there is no shame in asking for help Hun! We all need a little now and again x we are all here to support each other, if you need a chat or a moan about something x

Have you spoken to your husband? Is he supportive now? X

Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzie1985 5th April 2013, 7:29 pm

Thanks girls..... I just don't know what's boobie blues and depression flare up.
The other day I had already decided a reop and was talking to my PC about having it done. Is that extreme....

My husbands been very supportive... His the one that found post op depression.
I have read that GA and certain pain killers can cause depression flare ups. My moods have been really bad.
Apparently your supposed to tell your surgeon this...I did tell the nurse who obv wrote to my gp. Not sure if any of the above is actually true.

kenzie1985
kenzie1985
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 5th April 2013, 7:33 pm

i think those who have had depression before are more likely to be affected by the booby blues?

i just want to give you and big hug and let you know you're not alone, we're here for you Post Surgery Depression - serious post (sorry) 571992
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by loclo26 5th April 2013, 7:55 pm

Kenzie Im so sorry your feeling this way. I cant really give you any proper advice as Ive never been in this situation but I didnt want to read and run. I hope things get sorted soon and maybe visit your GP like the other ladies have advised. Post Surgery Depression - serious post (sorry) 48411 x x
loclo26
loclo26
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

Post by friedeggs 5th April 2013, 8:10 pm

Hun hopefully it's just boobie blues but no harm if u spoke to ur gp r sime1 if ur not feeling better soon u poor thing hope things get better xx
friedeggs
friedeggs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by angie8131 5th April 2013, 8:15 pm

Hi kenzie, I'm really sorry you're going through this right now. As the other ladies have suggested the only thing I'd say is best to see your GP. I'm sure it's a temporary thing fur to the op but if it doesn't improve I wouldn't ignore it. Could it be that ur out if ur routine and feeling down cuz of that too??, try getting ur girlies over and have a moan, it works for me! :-) anyway you know we're here for u girl and happy to listen even if we can't give any proper advice xx
All the best hun, hope u feel better soon xx
angie8131
angie8131
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1404

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 5th April 2013, 8:27 pm

Were your clinic and surgeon aware that body dismophic disorder was sucspected hun and that surgery was not advised for you?
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzie1985 5th April 2013, 8:47 pm

No they weren't....... My friends being pushing me to go to the doctors. So I went and saw a doctor and gave some details and she suspected I had it and shouldn't do surgery. She was the out of hours doctor so I don't think she noted it etc.

I've been miserable about my boobs for years so wanted to get it done.
Weight can be helped with a gym etc...but you can only have surgery for boobs.

Thanks for your supportive messages. Such a fine line between boobie blues and depression flare up.
kenzie1985
kenzie1985
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 5th April 2013, 9:19 pm

If the blues continue for more than a few days hun I'd suggest you see your GP and explain what you've told us here babe.

Booby blues are a natural part of your booby journey. You do lose all rational at this time and at just 11 days post-op its very possible this may be the cause. But they generally don't last more than a few days lovely, so if it continues and at any time you feel its more than the boy blues then do seek help babe. The booby blues go away on their own.... Having suffered periods of depression yourself before you'll know that 'depression' just isn't as simple as that and you may need help to get through this.

If you DO have BDD then this too can be helped sweetheart but the help doesn't come to you, you have to ask for it lovely. Xx

Last edited by cookie on 5th April 2013, 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzie1985 5th April 2013, 9:27 pm

Thanks Cookie. I'm going to my local polyclinic tomorrow. Would rather do something than leave it to manifest into something bigger. Esp when I'm returning to work Monday...
kenzie1985
kenzie1985
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 5th April 2013, 9:32 pm

I agree sweetheart... Really hope all goes well and please do let us know how you get on wont you Hug xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 5th April 2013, 10:00 pm

Sending you a big hug! Hug Sorry to hear your feeling so low, hopefully seeing someone tomorrow will help, could be just be the b.blues but better speaking to someone if its not the sooner you get help the better. I suffer from depression was on a high lead up and just after op then it hit me like ton of bricks ,wouldn't wish that on anyone huni.
We are all hear if you need to talk . XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by littlewellies 5th April 2013, 10:44 pm

I really really struggled with blues after my op, having suffered with depression badly in the past, I was certain I'd really catapulted to the bottom - I was literally sobbing every other day, bursting into tears at work, worse than some prolonged periods of depression I've had but it eased maybe around the 6 week mark. Hopefully this will be the same for you hun, I didn't think booby blues could go on for that long or be that bad but they did pass and I think for people as fragile as us going through body altering ops aren't taken seriously enough, it's a massive shock to the system after. I'm not familiar with bdd, I hope this isn't the case for you hun. If you want to talk further about the blues pm me. Sending a huge hug your way xx
littlewellies
littlewellies
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 970

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 5th April 2013, 11:00 pm

kenzie hun i'm so sorry to read you're feeling so low at the moment!

all i can say really is we are all here for you, don't forget that! i think its good you're seeing someone tomorrow, hopefully it will help you figure some things out.

big hugs hun, and i really hope you feel better soon x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzie1985 6th April 2013, 6:33 pm

Hi girls,

Just an update. I went to my doctors... No real GPS in who could help. Was advised a doctor will call me on Monday between 11-3.... Really handy in working hours.
So I went to the hospital to speak to a gp instead. I saw the nurse in A&E who referred me to the mental health team........ After explaining everything... I was given the "fresh start" teams number to call on Monday.... I'm at work again. He also advised exercise........ which I can't do atm. Very useful. I also said that I can't be crying at my desk in work.....any advice would help..... I was told that I have a job which is routine in my life....that's a good thing......... Nearly slapped him.

The leaflet thing he gave me was just insulting.... I don't think it was at all useful...

What annoys me more is I didn't want to mention the surgery. I felt like mentioning that I had cosmetic surgery made him less sympathetic. Kind of like I was asking for it..... That could just be me.

Also ,I can't get a doctors note with regards to lifting etc without making an appt which won't be for another week.

So not particularly happy. Had a nice chilled relaxing day in Billericay and Epping.
kenzie1985
kenzie1985
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by yolanda12310 6th April 2013, 7:16 pm

Heya Kenzie, sorry to hear that you've been having such a crap time of it lately, I hope you start to feel better about everything soon, sorry I cant give you any advice as I've not been through the surgery myself yet and have never been depressed but I hope it helps knowing that these girls from this site are concerned and are hoping all turns out well in the end. x
yolanda12310
yolanda12310
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 6th April 2013, 7:48 pm

It sounds like the normal response that most GP's give for people suffering depression. I believe it is standard. The mental health team may be more understanding, but I think to get any sense out of them you are going to have to tell them everything, the BA, the diagnosis of BDD and exactly what you're thinking and feeling.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzie1985 6th April 2013, 8:00 pm

The the thing misf1 I did tell them about the BA. About the BDD and quite a few examples.

I'm convinced that one of my fingers are bent and twist in... I can really notice it and I hate it. Really want them straightened. He even agreed that they were slightly wonky lol which surprised me and annoyed my husband because now I def want something doing.

I just don't think he took it seriously and considering my history, I think its quite disgusting.

I'm more worried about going back and dealing with this in a working environment.
kenzie1985
kenzie1985
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 6th April 2013, 8:11 pm

You may be able to speak to your manager, you don't have to tell them what it's for just say it's medical and if you can take the call in a private room or outside (taking a break early) and contacting them on your mobile. I can totally understand that you don't want to speak about this in work. No one would want to as it's very personal to you. You will need to get help and speaking to your GP to be referred for CBT cognitive behavioural therapy or maybe anti depressant medication. You really need someone who really understands BDD as people with this condition can sometimes not cope well after surgery.
I would suggest in this instance that any further surgery be put on the back burner as it will not help you at all. For now you want to concentrate on getting help with coping with BDD.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzie1985 6th April 2013, 8:34 pm

I'm def not having anymore surgery. I was originally booked in for a BA and liposuction... But I cancelled it. The BA was too important for me not to do...only surgery can fix it. I'll be back in the gym when advised.

He wants to sort my anxiety first then BDD...
kenzie1985
kenzie1985
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down