Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

post surgery garments?

+3
ab1982
peggysue
sugarplum_sassie
7 posters

Go down

post surgery garments? Empty post surgery garments?

Post by sugarplum_sassie 5th August 2011, 9:14 am

I'm awaiting my consult with THG Michael Payne end of this month, but I've been chatting quite frequently with my PCC who is lovely, from first clicking on their website to all comms with them, they have filled me with confidence, and without even meeting them I'm sure I want to go with them. I've had one other consult elsewhere and did not get the same feeling. I have reserved a surgery slot in September as I didn't want to have to a wait a month for my consult and then even more waiting after the consult for a free slot, and it helps so much psychologically to know I have it booked.

Anyway the previous surgeon I consulted said I'd probably need unders as I don't have much breast tissue, I wear a 34B but don't really fill it, I breast fed my daughter for a year, during which I went up to a wonderful D cup (heaven!) but quickly shrank and shrivelled back to this empty A/B cup.

So I've read if you go with unders you have a chest band not a post surgery bra is that right? if so how high up does the chest band come? I ask because I'll be going back to work and wondered if my uniform (a v neck scrub top) would cover it.

Is it right then that if you have overs you need a post surgery bra?

Do you need to wear a sports bra over the chest band? how long do you have to wear the chest band? Does it matter if you buy a post surgery bra as opposed to a sports bra?

Finally any recommedations for comfy sports bras that don't cost the earth? I don't really want to spend more than £20 on the bras as I'll only be wearing them for this short period, especially if I have to buy bigger to accomodate the swelling and then never wear them again. I've been looking at the La Senza sports bra, looks comfy and well priced.

Sorry for all the questions, I have lots more but thought I'd group them into topics.
sugarplum_sassie
sugarplum_sassie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 451

Back to top Go down

post surgery garments? Empty Re: post surgery garments?

Post by peggysue 5th August 2011, 9:26 am

Hi I cant answer many of your questions as I am also having unders for the same reason and am having the same thoughts as you.But my pcc told me to buy bra from asda costing £7 she said hers was fab! xx
peggysue
peggysue
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2411

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarplum_sassie 5th August 2011, 9:29 am

That's good to know, thanks hun. I was a little worried it would be a case of you get what you pay for, but if cheap and cheerful does the same job as something costing £30 then I'm a happy bunny.
sugarplum_sassie
sugarplum_sassie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by peggysue 5th August 2011, 9:39 am

Im sure she wouldnt have recomended it if it was rubbish and I would imagine you will be buying a few different sizes over the weeks save your money for the saucy ones post surgery garments? 204135 x
peggysue
peggysue
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by peggysue 5th August 2011, 9:40 am

Have you booked your surgery yet? post surgery garments? 48411x
peggysue
peggysue
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarplum_sassie 5th August 2011, 9:55 am

peggysue wrote:Im sure she wouldnt have recomended it if it was rubbish and I would imagine you will be buying a few different sizes over the weeks save your money for the saucy ones post surgery garments? 204135 x

Too right, I'll be going on a major shopping spree for my christmas present, I can't wait to buy all those pretty bras and actually fill them properly. Yes I reserved a slot in September, when's your surgery?
sugarplum_sassie
sugarplum_sassie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by peggysue 5th August 2011, 10:40 am

December 20th if I have all the money saved post surgery garments? 727935
If not I will have to put it on hold for a bit, but not long. Our wonderful xmas pressies xx
peggysue
peggysue
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ab1982 5th August 2011, 1:04 pm

Hi hun,

I've just had unders last sun and am having to wear a chest strap and a sports bra. I took a few different bras with me and they put me in the cheapest one I took! You want something that doesn't need to go over your head and with as little detail/seams as possible to avoid irritation.

The chest strap does sit really high up as its trying to push down the implants. So it might still be seen. Then I wear the bra over the top.

Hope this helps.

Anymore questiosn just ask :)

Gud luck

xx
ab1982
ab1982
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 404

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarplum_sassie 5th August 2011, 1:09 pm

Hi AmyJane, thanks for that info, is the chest strap white? I guess it will be seen under my uniform then, can't be helped hopefully no-one will ask me about it, as I don't intend to tell work. How long have you got to wear the chest strap for?

I see you went with THG too, how was your experience? who was your surgeon? You seem to have similar pre BA size stats to me what are you hoping to be once they settle? and what sizes sports bras did you get?
sugarplum_sassie
sugarplum_sassie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ab1982 5th August 2011, 1:19 pm

Yeah the strap is white - I was given 2 after my op (1 to wear/1 to wash) I'm goin to my check up next tues - so I was told to wear it until then and they will let me know. But I don't think they have dropped any so it will prob b for a few weeks yet. I will let you know what they say on tue. It's not comfy tho!! :(

Yeah the whole experience was really gud. They were all fab. I had Dr Sulaiman. But my recovery has been shocking!! Never felt so bad. But I think I must have reacted badly to the GA and meds. Its day 5 now and i'm feeling almost normal again.

I got some macom bras (which accommodate any cup size) some asda/tescos/primark. I got sizes 32D 32DD 34D as I was a 32a/b. and asked to be about a d/dd. But due to the swelling I cn't fit in 32s and even 34s seem tight! Sent my other half out last night for a 36D Which feels like I can breathe a little bit now.

I'm sure when the swellig has gone down and the implants have settled i'm gonna be quite possibly 32DD if not a bit bigger.

xxx
ab1982
ab1982
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by peggysue 5th August 2011, 2:03 pm

Amyjane if you end up a DD then im a very excited girl because im having 460cc and im a 34 A I really want them big, I have been following your story and you have had a horrid recovery.Im so happy for you that your now on the mend.Do you have any pictures yet ....im so curious about unders.
Look after yourself xx
peggysue
peggysue
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetcarol 5th August 2011, 2:45 pm

SO do all girls that have unders have to have the compression strap? It doesn't sound very attractive! LOl. ON sports bra's... I had the la sensa one when I had macrolane, and it was comfy but don't think it offers the same support as some of the others. I have 5 weeks to go and have been buying recommended ones cheap off ebay. I have got 5 or 6 in different sizes and colours, don't want to ae sending the boyfriend out on day 2 bra shopping! LOl.
sweetcarol
sweetcarol
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by rachemsi 5th August 2011, 2:59 pm

Hi hun

i had unders and was not reccomended to wear a strap or a sprorts bra just a 'comfy cotton crop top' was what they said im 3 weeks post op now and my boobies seem to be settling niceley my pics are up so pm if u want to see.

xxx
rachemsi
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by ab1982 5th August 2011, 6:28 pm

Hey Peggysue,

Thanks for your message.

I've taken pics but not got round to putting them on yet. I will try and get them on this weekend so you can see :)

xxx
ab1982
ab1982
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by shazzie 5th August 2011, 7:09 pm

Hiya,

On the subject of bras... I bought M&S pack of 2 sports bras. They were recommended to me by my PC and have done the job very nicely at a very cheap price

xx
shazzie
shazzie
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyssa-H 5th August 2011, 8:14 pm

Hi, I had unders and didn't wear a chest strap. Transform recommended either shock absorber or M&S high impact sport's bra's and to get a DD & E. Probably best to ask ur PS what they recommend xx
Nyssa-H
Nyssa-H
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 671

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down