Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Familys reactions

+12
Mrsg1888
jodioc77
clazabella
jakki32
IsabellExpat
Charlii
missvmac28
Jacqui1234
LJR
Lisa34
COOKIE
michelleserila
16 posters

Go down

Familys reactions Empty Familys reactions

Post by michelleserila 9th August 2013, 10:58 pm

Heya
Having my op on sept 1st. No one but my hubby, bff and work know....my mother is in australia at the mo till sept 8th, she is not going to be pleased seeing as when she thought id had a tatoo (which I hadnt) she said she was going to kill me if i had Shocked . Figured id hide them under a hoodie till they settle then show her. Did anyone have probs with familys reactions??
xox
michelleserila
michelleserila
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 203

Back to top Go down

Familys reactions Empty Re: Familys reactions

Post by COOKIE 9th August 2013, 11:12 pm

My parents were not happy at all... Seven years on and its still not a topic that is ever discussed at all since having my BA. Its like my boobs grew but the surgery never happened haha. Prior to surgery they pulled every trick out of the book to try and get me to stop the surgery.

My husband too didnt want me to have a BA either, but he was good enough to at least respect my decision and although it wasn't what he wanted for me, he stood behind me and supported me regardless.

As a grown women you don't need the blessing of your parents or anybody else for the decisions you make Michelle and definitely don't let anyone out you on a guilt trip if any kind for doing this.

I didnt disrespect my parents in any way though, even when they were posting snippets of all the bad sides of cosmetic surgery lol. I couldn't go round for a cuppa without a horror picture or something sat on the saucer there for me when I lifted me cup hahaha they really were that bad. Also putting pressure on my husband too to get me to put a stop to the surgery.

I just listened to all they had to say and told them that I understood that as their daughter they love me just how I am and don't want me to change and I left it at that and had the surgery regardless. They asked how I was once I think during my recovery and I was told they didn't want to talk of it again and I respected that and haven't. That's fine by me. I got my boobs, they got my silence haha

This is your body, your decision hun... You do what you feel is best for you. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 10th August 2013, 6:54 am

My family didn't really care, they feel that it is my body, and I can do what I like with it! The most supportive people were my nan and my grandad, it was actually my grandad that paid for my surgery! 

I don't think you need to tell anyone hun, as long as you have someone at home to help you for a while, I really don't think it's anyone else's buisness unless you choose to tell them xx but this is an issue that only you can decide on, we all have different opinions regarding who to tell, good luck xx
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by LJR 10th August 2013, 7:02 am

Tbh I haven't told anyone apart from a couple of close friends, and obviously my husband and children know!!

It's your body, I suspect those that don't approve are only concerned for your health with regards to having an operation in general.
LJR
LJR
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacqui1234 10th August 2013, 7:21 am

I haven't told any of my family only my partner and 2 close friends and my boss know not looking forward toy mum or my nans reaction but at the end of the day I've done this for myself and if they are not happy then we don't have to talk about it. Xx
Jacqui1234
Jacqui1234
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 262

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 10th August 2013, 7:40 am

Everyone I have told up to now has been very supportive so I suppose I am lucky. Even my mum and her friends all say they completely understand why I want to do it and some say if they had the money when they were my age they would have done exactly the same! So you might be pleasantly surprised at how supportive people can be. Either way it is your body and you must do what makes you happy xxx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 10th August 2013, 8:45 am

I haven't spoken to my mom since. There's various other reasons involved, but her shear lack of caring whatsoever when I did tell her tipped me over an edge with her. It's something that has upset me for years, and she just didn't give a d@mn. No questions about it, no nothing, just a childish 'I found out about your op, nahnah' when it wasn't a secret, I just hadn't told her yet. 

As the girls say, your body, your choice, do not be made to feel guilty about this
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by IsabellExpat 10th August 2013, 9:05 am

I haven't told anyone except my husband and closest friend (she is also going to have surgery in the nearest future) and I'm not planning to tell anyone else about it.

My parents have strong opinions about everything and the last thing I need on my mind now is negativity. The people around me, including family will probably (hopefully Smike) see the difference after my surgery.
If they ask me if I have done breast surgery I'm planning to answer "I might have but that is nothing I would like do discuss with anybody"
Then they can talk about it for a while with each other but I will not get involved in that discussion.
And as with everything nowadays...it's going to be yesterdays news in about 3 days.

As you all say: It's my body and my choice.
IsabellExpat
IsabellExpat
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 930

Back to top Go down

Post by jakki32 10th August 2013, 9:15 am

I told my closest friends, husband and mum( my son knows and doesn't mention anything at all and I had a good chat with him afterwards and he was great about it)my daughter doesn't know, because she is young, and has started to notice her body changing , weight gain etc, I don't think the time is right with her.Anyway one " friend" has blabbed about it and thinks its great to talk about me. She obviously has issues about it. Very sad I think, and even asked my advice post op about getting one herself. Now she just blanks me, but I don't care anyway!
jakki32
jakki32
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post by jakki32 10th August 2013, 9:17 am

I didn't tell my Dad either. He is very old school, and I didn't want to worry him, as even at my age I am the baby still !
jakki32
jakki32
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clazabella 10th August 2013, 11:45 am

I told my son (he's 26) as he was arriving for a months holiday the evening i had the op! After having a tiny freak out that it was disgusting he helped me with my drains and did all my cleaning...so opinions changed completely. I emailed my family after i had it done and the only questions they wanted to know is what size they were. I told a few good friends and most of them said if they had the money they would do it.I think my most negative reaction was from my husband. He didn't want me to have it done as in his words 'there's nothing wrong with the ones you have' and to be fair he is only just now very slowly coming round to the idea. It's difficult but to be honest i did it for me and i don't see what the heck it has to do with anyone else. Honestly i think most of those that comment are only jealous and from a family point of view i think (inclusive of my husbands reaction) that they are just worried that you are having elective surgery. Chin up love and go for it Smike
clazabella
clazabella
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 276
Location : Just returned from being an expat in the UAE for 6 years to the good old UK

Back to top Go down

Post by jodioc77 10th August 2013, 3:07 pm

My brother knows, we are close, but other than than that I have not told any of my family, just my husband and a few close friends know.  Not spoken to my mum for 9 months which made it easier. If anyone notices and asks me I will, tell them, I don't think many will, though as I always worse padded bras to look bigger anyway so probably don't look massively difference to people who wouldn't be taking a lot of notice anyway
jodioc77
jodioc77
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 362

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrsg1888 10th August 2013, 4:34 pm

Everyone but my dad knows I'm planning to have my ba. I've always been a daddy's girl but he hasn't been keeping well and I dint want him stressing about me. He will find out the day I come home haha
Mrsg1888
Mrsg1888
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 125

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessjo30 10th August 2013, 4:44 pm

My mom was not happy to start with but within 6 hours I had a txt to say she was sorry about being negative and would support me no matter what xx
Princessjo30
Princessjo30
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1022

Back to top Go down

Post by michelleserila 10th August 2013, 5:00 pm

Heya all,
Thanks for the replies. Yes, I agree its my body and I can do what I want, but was good to hear how people handled negative comments and how to handle when people ask dance
xox
michelleserila
michelleserila
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jakki32 10th August 2013, 5:27 pm

Out of my family.. My husband was the least supportive once it had been done. He has tried to tell me how to dress and I am not having any of it, years ago I would've done whatever for an easy life, but at my age I do as I please. I am not brazen in my dress but like to look nice every day for me!! I wasn't put on this world to be ruled... Phew rant over x
jakki32
jakki32
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th August 2013, 5:30 pm

Gooooo Jakki! yahoo 
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by michelleserila 10th August 2013, 5:34 pm

Well said Jakki!!:ok:
michelleserila
michelleserila
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by emilysarahdodds 10th August 2013, 5:54 pm

jakki32 wrote:Out of my family.. My husband was the least supportive once it had been done. He has tried to tell me how to dress and I am not having any of it, years ago I would've done whatever for an easy life, but at my age I do as I please. I am not brazen in my dress but like to look nice every day for me!! I wasn't put on this world to be ruled... Phew rant over x
Well said Jakki!! I am having this trouble at the moment - boyfriend being insecure Xx
emilysarahdodds
emilysarahdodds
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 853

Back to top Go down

Post by jakki32 10th August 2013, 9:17 pm

His insecurities play a big effect on me, I know it sounds hard but  one ( sounds posh!) has to still have independence and be able to express themselves even if they are in a marriage/ relationship. It took me a long time but I finally got there xxx my boobs haven't changed me, I am still jakki. It's his/ their problem xxxx best wishes to everyone on their journeys x
jakki32
jakki32
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassysazzle 11th August 2013, 3:06 am

emilysarahdodds wrote:
jakki32 wrote:Out of my family.. My husband was the least supportive once it had been done. He has tried to tell me how to dress and I am not having any of it, years ago I would've done whatever for an easy life, but at my age I do as I please. I am not brazen in my dress but like to look nice every day for me!! I wasn't put on this world to be ruled... Phew rant over x
Well said Jakki!! I am having this trouble at the moment - boyfriend being insecure Xx
 Eeek this worries me! My BF was the one who reminded me I've always wanted this done - it just kept getting brushed aside with other priorities. I know he wants me to be happy and supports me 100%.........I think things may change post BA, he already gets insecure and stressed when I get attention from men :( although insofar has NEVER even suggested that I can or cannot wear certain items of clothing, of course I will actually have something to look at other then legs post BA. I hope he's able to put the insecurities aside and be proud that I'm his!

As for other family support, my mum knew I've wanted this done for ages and supports me all the way - just doesn't want me going too big as she think's I'll regret it! Hmmmmm.......haven't read a post yet that reads 'I wish I'd had smaller implants' lol.

My dad is mortified but he won't give me too much stick now he's had his rant, he knows it is well out of his hands.

You're a grown woman, and I'm sure when she return from hols and see's how confident and happy you are with your new additions she'll get over it! xXx
Sassysazzle
Sassysazzle
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 971

Back to top Go down

Post by Crispybacon 11th August 2013, 8:16 am

My hubby for years was against the idea and while I wasn't working he had that final decision over the financial side of things (wrongly as I was home with the kids) but as soon as I started back at work again I got my boobies and well he now loves them too! As you say insecurities and men! Xx family have all been very supportive and I really don't who wants to talk about it etc with me - I'm a pretty transparent person though! X
Crispybacon
Crispybacon
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down