Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People's reactions?

+12
Princess_x
friedeggs
emilysarahdodds
Charlii
Victoria2345
Happy1day
Sophia6102
Lisa34
jenniferrf1
COOKIE
louann17
missvmac28
16 posters

Go down

People's reactions? Empty People's reactions?

Post by missvmac28 25th June 2013, 11:17 pm

Hi everyone, lying awake reading all the posts, even read some aloud to my boyfriend but it seemed to send him asleep, haha. Just wondering how people have found the reactions of colleagues etc after having their BA? I am worried that some people in my workplace could be a little judgemental - I don't think I will even tell most of them, unless they ask. I know I shouldn't care what others think but i can't help feel a little worried. Any advice?? xx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 497

Back to top Go down

People's reactions? Empty Re: People's reactions?

Post by louann17 25th June 2013, 11:23 pm

Hey. I think its completely up to you what you chose to do :). I have been open about it to my work. People have their opinions. They always will nd of course some people think I'm stupid but truly I don't care. I know it's what I've wanted nd your colleagues are entitled to their opinion but ultimately it's down to you. No one should ruin it for you :). It's your happiness nd your life Xx
louann17
louann17
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 26th June 2013, 1:52 am

For me...I was never of a mind to sit and make my boobs the topic of conversation pre-op. I went and had breast augmentation, not a personality transplant so I'm still not of a mind to sit and chat about my boobs post-op.

I don't wish to. My surgery is no-ones business but my own and I discussed it with those 'I' wanted to tell. No-one else has ever been straight up and asked me if I've had a BA and if they did, I'd tell them to mind their own business. I know people suspect and probably may even talk about it behind my back but that doesn't bother me at all. If they're talking about me, they're leaving some other poor soul alone lol.

You tell who you want to tell lovely and don't ever feel pressured to do otherwise. You're not being dishonest in not discussing your surgery, not are you deceiving anyone. Its YOUR body. YOUR business, so you do with it as you please babe. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 26th June 2013, 6:20 am

Hi ... I'm not telling anyone apart from my family and boyf! Not telling anyone at work because there is always gossip. I don't talk about my boobs pre BA so I'm not going to after either! I also wear a lot of padding so I don't think people will notice... But if they do then il come to that hurdle later! Just remember, it's nobody's business but yours so don't worry about reactions :) xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 26th June 2013, 6:29 am

Hi Hun. X don't tell them, if you don't want to! They don't need to know. It up to you who you tell! Xx
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia6102 26th June 2013, 7:13 am

I'm quite open bout what I'm having so ppl dont backstab to my face whether thy do behind my back I don't care lol each to there own do what ur comfortable with x
Sophia6102
Sophia6102
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 547

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 26th June 2013, 7:26 am

Thanks for your replies girls, it's nice to hear everyone's words of encouragement :-) don't think I'm going to tell people in work as you say, I didn't talk about my boobs before so why now! As you say though Sophia each to their own, whatever feels right for each individual. :-) xx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy1day 26th June 2013, 7:31 am

Hi I told two work colleagues and they said they were surprised but were great about it - we had a bit of a laugh and joke about it now three weeks later it never gets mentioned. It really is only your business I wouldn't take any notice of others or their opinions it is your decision. I was careful who I told though as some friends just wouldn't get it and I never told the mother in law! X
Happy1day
Happy1day
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria2345 26th June 2013, 7:39 am

For me I had to speak to my lead nurse as I will eventually need the 6 weeks off (I work in a heavy medical ward) and she said to speak 2 ward sister and unfortunately someone over heard me telling her and brought it up in front of everyone else but they are all supportive after initial staring at my boobs lol x
Victoria2345
Victoria2345
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 933

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 26th June 2013, 8:01 am

Most of my friends and family know, because its something I've wanted for 10yrs, and theyre mostly just curious. As for at work - 3 of my colleagues know, and they've just been supportive and helpful (e.g. getting the mugs from high shelves!). The others - no ones noticed, theyre so wrapped up in themselves! Mine are currently quite similar in size to the padding I used to wear, so its not so obvious. But if someone did ask, I think Id tell them to naff off, I dont ask them about their wobbly bits!
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by emilysarahdodds 26th June 2013, 8:22 am

I've only decided to tell my parents, boyfriend and close friends. At the end of the day do what you think is best, people are always going to have an opinion good or bad and you are having this BA for YOU no one else, to make you feel happier and better about yourself, ignore anyone else who puts a downer on that - thats what i've come to realise :) xx
emilysarahdodds
emilysarahdodds
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 853

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 26th June 2013, 8:24 am

Haha :-) yeah I think you're right girls, most people are probably too wrapped up in their own lives to notice, and I don't plan on getting huge implants so probably not much different to my padding. Thanks again for all of your comments they're really reassuring and make me feel better :-)
Oh dear Victoria there's always someone who likes to make a scene, glad it's settled down now!!
xx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by friedeggs 26th June 2013, 9:11 am

I only told my mum my fiancé and my best friend it's nobody else's business it's ur body Hun and I Wundt want any one discussing my business but I'm a very private person everyone is diff so do what u want xx
friedeggs
friedeggs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by friedeggs 26th June 2013, 9:13 am

And if anyone notices say u changed ur pill and they've grown a bit xx
friedeggs
friedeggs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 26th June 2013, 9:45 am

Yeah I'm the same, I wish other people's opinions didn't bother me but they do, I'm quite a private person and don't like the idea of being talked about! Only my mum, boyfriend and a couple of close friends know im planning it. Yeah the pill change is a good one :-) thanks friedeggs! xx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 26th June 2013, 9:50 am

That's the same as me missvmac... im a private person and don't want people to be gossiping about my boobs lol... its bad enough people gossiping about you any way let alone something so private!

I thought about the pill excuse but wasn't sure if it works or not? I think im going to create a new topic based on that lol! xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 26th June 2013, 10:15 am

Yeah go for it Jennifer, see what people think! Haha xx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 26th June 2013, 11:04 am

My boobs are old news now as I've had implants for 5 years but quite a lot of people know. I've been asked lots of times and I always just say "yes" as lying about something so obvious looks silly. If your boobs look quite natural and on the smaller side then I guess you can get away with lying. I've had mainly positive reactions, from friends and strangers, but I've had the odd comment like "plastic boobs" etc x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by Lottie835 26th June 2013, 11:52 am

I told my immediate family other half and 1 friend x Minimal people as its my business and people love to gossip and get there 2 pence in. Don't feel bad or anything and if people ask tell them its none of their business x That's certainly what I do x 

Your life your happiness x Forget anyone else xxx
Lottie835
Lottie835
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 722

Back to top Go down

Post by Maisy_Ann 26th June 2013, 3:55 pm

Nobody's asked me so I just never said nothing. Just tell tell who u want to tell it not no one else's business

Love Maisy x
Maisy_Ann
Maisy_Ann
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 266

Back to top Go down

Post by balamoryyellfruit 26th June 2013, 4:43 pm

I didnt tell anyone at all apart from my husband, not even my parents! My thoughts was that there are only me and him that see them anyway so it really is no one elses concern. No one has noticed i have had it done either x
balamoryyellfruit
balamoryyellfruit
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1623

http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img]http://tickers.T

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 26th June 2013, 6:07 pm

Yeah you have all made me feel loads better, thanks everyone!! :-) xx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kitty87 26th June 2013, 7:28 pm

I haven't really told anyone my boyfriend knows and two very close friends, my family don't even know. I felt bad at first but it soon passed I just had to tell myself that I don't want people knowing and that kept me strong with the choice I had made xxx
kitty87
kitty87
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 183

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down