Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i need an uplift too :(

+7
twig21
5stonedown
kel70
Tittilicious
COOKIE
jenniferrf1
lumpybumpy
11 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

i need an uplift too :( - Page 3 Empty Re: i need an uplift too :(

Post by COOKIE 2nd August 2013, 1:55 pm

It'll all be worth it worth it in the end hun. Focus on the results you'll have and this will see you through Hug 
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 2nd August 2013, 1:56 pm

Aww I agree with cookie, stay strong and positive, it will all work out in the end xxx Give You
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by lumpybumpy 2nd August 2013, 3:36 pm

well the GP was a waste of time, she said the referral is not available unless it is causing skeletal and muscular problems and even then its unlikely to get referred. i wish i knew which areas are referring coz this is just beyond me! clearly there are ladies getting referrals out there, just look at this forum! plus i know a girl from the same town who actually had the BA to correct hers, although she did have a terrible experience. in addition when i asked for a private referral she said that wouldnt be a problem but that i would have to pay for the consultation anyway something which i can do anyway!

as for any advice to decide between the two, she said to look at minimising the amount of anaesthetic, look at scarring and any potential wounds that may need reopening which may increase the risk of infection. on the back of this advice, you could argue that the 2 procedures in one is better but then it does increase healing complications. ahhhhhh!

i think it'll have to be another mybreast consultation, when i can take annual leave and save up to travel further afield! xx
lumpybumpy
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 2nd August 2013, 3:49 pm

Typical! My doctor wasn't helpful either!!
It looks like it will have to be that 3rd consultation! You could go back to see Mr Hassan also if you wanted to tell him your concerns that another surgeon said about doing it in a 2 step process and see what he says? Ask for more detail now you have the extra knowledge and see if he can put your mind at rest? I know hes not fully baaps registered but we have many happy ladies with him  xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 2nd August 2013, 3:53 pm

Your GP does sound very against giving out a referral for a BA. As you say, when you think of your complications and put those against some of the NHS cases we see here, it would 'seem' that you would have a clear case to be put through. Not that I'm putting anyone's case down that has had surgery on the NHS, just that yours does seem to be pretty complicated and requires more that a straight forward BA. So I'm sorry your hopes were dashed lovely. I had hoped, as you probably did also that there might have been at least a small glimmer of hope and at the very least a referral to see what a qualified surgeon thought 'with no charge'!

You're right to take the next step in seeing another BAAPS surgeon hun. To be honest, given how complicated your case is, I'd stick with a more experience BAAPS surgeon if I were you. This is something you want to get right first time around babe, so see what the next surgeon says... Maybe take a step back for a couple of days to give yourself time to think without everything rolling around in your head. Take your time before making any final decisions then go with you gut babe. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lumpybumpy 2nd August 2013, 4:07 pm

hi jen - yes to be fair to mr hassan he did suggest that the two procedures in 2 stages would be the preferred option due to less complications with healing etc, (im not sure if i put this in my diary initially), but that he would be happy to do the two in one and it was more than possible whereas james would not perform the op in one go although he said it would be easier to get it done at just one stage, he simply would not risk it because there is too much going on. so i think it'll have to be the 3rd consult although im hoping it doesnt confuse me even more! xx

cookie - the NHS has just been a pointless route for me really, its baffling but my surgery is located in a particularly poor area of my town and i wonder whether this is the reason for the lack of support as they may just genuinely know the funding will not come through. i agree that i need to stick with the most experienced surgeon for me and it suppose now it depends on a 3rd consult and getting the fee issue resolved before i can sit down and focus on going further :)

once again thanks for your support ladies, it is genuinely appreciated  Give You   xx
lumpybumpy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 2nd August 2013, 4:13 pm

That's ok! Just want to get to the bottom of your situation haha :) Well let us know who you decide to see next and when :) If you feel really stressed and confused then like cookie says, take some time to clear your head, but lots of good luck xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tittilicious 2nd August 2013, 9:09 pm

Hey LB,

I'm sorry to hear your GP was no help.

Frustrating and dissapointing and yet, at least, you now know private is the way you need to go.

Sending bestest vibes with this post - hope you get the clarity you seek from a third consultation and that you can resolve the cost issue.

Zoe xx
Tittilicious
Tittilicious
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 143

http://tittilicious.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by SharonM 5th August 2013, 6:30 am

Hi lumpy sweetie..

How are you feeling today ?  You know my situation, very similar to yours, and I still stand on that a 3rd consult is your best way forward (as it is for me).  Are there no BAAPS/BAPRAS surgeons near to you hun that you could book with ?  Sorry if you have aleady been asked this and answered it. 

Just take each day as it comes and try not to think too far ahead as this will just confuse you even more.  Like me, you have time on your hands so no need to rush things.  Just keep researching sweetie... Hug
SharonM
SharonM
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 480

Back to top Go down

Post by lumpybumpy 5th August 2013, 8:03 am

hey hun :) there are BAAPS surgeons near me but they cost £150 for a consult (spire healthcare) so i may decide to pay this as in the grand scheme of things £150 is not a large amount really. alternatively i could go to london to see another surgeon with mybreast and make a trip out of it, depends who's up there. i saw a video of a BA and lift to correct asymmetry with adrian richards and the boobs looked so similar to mine plus ive heard good reviews about him so i may opt to go and see him. i'll be interested to hear what mr. liew has to say about your situation too! like you say we have plenty of time so i'll keep looking.

one of the girls on here had her BA and lift with mr hassan and has kindly posted me her pic trail so ill have a peek tnite. at the moment im writing up the pros and cons from my consults so when ive done this neatly in Word i'll attach it to my posts for you to see, maybe this will help you to make your decision as well as you prob have similar concerns xx
lumpybumpy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 5th August 2013, 10:49 am

If you're specifically wanting a BAAPS surgeon, you do know Mr Hassan is NOT a full BAAPS surgeon don't you Lumpy?

Mr Hassan is a 'trainee member' of BAAPS and as yet does not hold a full membership. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lumpybumpy 5th August 2013, 11:14 am

hi cookie, yes i know mr hassan is a trainee, i think thats why i'd rather see another BAAPS surgeon as well as James as they would be more experienced also. ive been looking at adrian richards who is BAAPS and BAPRAS accredited. ive seen some good reviews of him, plus i found a video on youtube of him performing a BA and lift to correct asymmetry and the boobs were very similar to my shape, (although he may disagree given the complexity involved!) xx
lumpybumpy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 5th August 2013, 11:19 am

Mr Richards is a very good surgeon lovely yes 

Studies have shown that the complication rate of having a combined lift/BA is no greater than than having the ops done separately... But this would be for a straight forward case. From James' point of view, your case is a little more complicated and because of this to help you get the best result the separates ops would be the way to go.

That's not to say he's right babe and I wholeheartedly agree that another 'BAAPS surgeons' opinion on this is the way to go lovely.

Really hoping the one op will be an option for you sweetheart. Xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lumpybumpy 5th August 2013, 11:48 am

thanks cookie, i hope so too! just need to get another opinion now and decide the way forward. ive checked the aurora website again and it seems it is a free consultation with the surgeon not just the patient care advisor so i may just book through them as MY breast are getting on MY nerves lol. on the plus side James has also emailed back to say that he completely understands my situation and will speak to his clinic about cost alternatives :) xx
lumpybumpy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 5th August 2013, 11:56 am

Ohhhh Giod news from James then!

He's not only a good surgeon, he's a good man too. Hope he can sort something for you. So far although you'd like the one procedure from your posts, you do seem to have the most confidence in James.

Hope the consultation with Aurora goes well and I look forward to reading how you get on. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tittilicious 5th August 2013, 3:09 pm

lumpybumpy wrote:thanks cookie, i hope so too! just need to get another opinion now and decide the way forward. ive checked the aurora website again and it seems it is a free consultation with the surgeon not just the patient care advisor so i may just book through them as MY breast are getting on MY nerves lol. on the plus side James has also emailed back to say that he completely understands my situation and will speak to his clinic about cost alternatives :) xx

That is good news from James LB.

My fingers are crossed that he manages to get the costs reduced for you.  

I hope your seeking a third opinion brings you the clarity you seek too xxx

Zoe x
Tittilicious
Tittilicious
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 143

http://tittilicious.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by SharonM 7th August 2013, 5:30 am

Hi Lumpy - hope your okay sweetie.  Anymore news ? x
SharonM
SharonM
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lumpybumpy 7th August 2013, 7:39 am

thanks zoe :)

hi sharon! yes im feeling ok now thank you :) was actually going to check in with you today, its your consultation with mr liew today isnt it?? hope all goes well with you! ive emailed aurora, still waiting to hear back from them but im not in any rush to book another consultation just yet, i think i need to get some headspace before i do anything else! let me know how your consultation goes today, fingers crossed for you :) xx
lumpybumpy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SharonM 7th August 2013, 7:45 am

Yes, I see Mr Liew this evening lumpy. Don't know why but I'm really nervous about this consultation - not looking forward to it at all and the thought of flashing my boobs AGAIN :((((. Oh well just need to get on with it I guess. At least I'll have hubby with me this time :))))))

Think your right giving yourself some time sweetie. See what Aurora says. Not like we're planning on having surgery anytime soon is it hun.

Will update after my appt x
SharonM
SharonM
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lumpybumpy 7th August 2013, 8:01 am

i totally get where you're coming from hun, i think its because this consult will help you to decide which way is best, plus mr liew is BAAPS approved so i always think its the more experienced. i really hope he gives you the answer you want! are you hoping for the 2 in one go like me or are you just happy to weigh everything up for now? xx
lumpybumpy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SharonM 7th August 2013, 8:22 am

If I'm totally honest I'd like it done in one procedure really. I really don't want to go through two lots of pain and two lots of everything else -if that makes sense. And I can't afford it either x
SharonM
SharonM
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lumpybumpy 7th August 2013, 8:49 am

im the same hun, did you see my pros and cons that i posted? think i put it in my diary, at the moment im torn because although i felt that james made more sense with the recovery time over 2 stages, my concern is about a longer recovery, 2 anaesthetics and reopening of wounds (not to mention cost) which are all linked to the 2 stage procedures so im very confused with it all! hoping that a 3rd consult will help me decide :) xx
lumpybumpy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SharonM 7th August 2013, 8:55 am

Yeah I saw your list sweetie and I think you have your answer from it that it makes more sense for you to have it done in one.

I really don't know what I'll do if Mr Liew suggests 2 separate ops :((( x
SharonM
SharonM
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lumpybumpy 7th August 2013, 9:04 am

i know hun i feel like that too, if the 3rd surgeon says to do it in two for me i think ill be at a loss, its either take the risk with combined or fork out the dosh and prepare for a long road to recovery :(:( im really hoping that the two in one is possible for you!! have you thought about going to see other surgeons if you're still unsure? xx
lumpybumpy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SharonM 7th August 2013, 9:11 am

No I don't think I will lumpy. I just don't want to bog myself down with too many. Think 3 is a good number - for me anyway. I suppose the only other slight option is for me to have a mastopexy only but that is only a very slight because I dont want to go smaller tbh, plus I've been told by one surgeon that I don't have enough breast tissue - so you see why my head is battered haha x
SharonM
SharonM
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next