Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i need an uplift too :(

+7
twig21
5stonedown
kel70
Tittilicious
COOKIE
jenniferrf1
lumpybumpy
11 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

i need an uplift too :( - Page 2 Empty Re: i need an uplift too :(

Post by ladyd14 31st July 2013, 1:15 pm

Aww thanks that's very kind of you Cookie , yes i would like Breast Buddies own consultation notebook please. I wish i had found this site ages ago. All my friends are against it so i really don't have anyone to chat to about this. xxx
ladyd14
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Post by Bexx9 31st July 2013, 1:43 pm

Hi daisy
I am also having an uplift (was a bit shocked when I was told I needed that too), and was going to go to Mr Richards tomorrow for my first consltation too. However I cancelled due to deciding the journey back and forth would be too much, seven or eight times (I'm based in the north west).
However. A friend of mine had HIGHLY recommended him having had her pips removed by him and new implants done.. She really did her research and feels he is the best of the best, so I think you can feel confident with his reputation and capabilities.
Good luck sweetie, let us know how you get in tomorrow xxx
Bexx9
Bexx9
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 195

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 31st July 2013, 1:44 pm

Well, you have all of us with you now and we'll support you every step of the way. Hug 

I'll email the consultation notebook to you now hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Bexx9 31st July 2013, 1:48 pm

Sorry lumpy I realised I only had page 2 come up and missed the whole first page...
Hope you're ok, I was shocked to be told I needed a lift too but I have got my head around it. The scarring will be there but hey we will never be droopy again will we?? A friend of mine had a reduction two years ago and her scars are noticeable but not so much that it is a problem iykwim
Hope you're ok... Ps I had my ears pinned when I was 15 so if I can help (and remember that far back) then feel free to ask away xxxxxx
Bexx9
Bexx9
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 195

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 31st July 2013, 1:58 pm

It very much depends on how you look after your boobs I imagine as well as the skins elasticity. Even with an uplift, gravity over the years including the aging process will occur again but whether you will need an uplift again years down the line is a individual thing... After the BA if we always support them and wear a bra it will help keep the look of our boobs for longer xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by lumpybumpy 31st July 2013, 5:15 pm

hi ladies, james was lovely, very thorough and understanding of my situation. again he agreed im a complex case as there is nothing identical about my breasts! unfortunately, he has said he cannot perform the lift alongside the BA, it has to be a two stage procedure because the small breast is very tight and there is a constricted lower pole. he would always carry out a lift on both in the form of a lollipop lift and place a small implant, i.e. 200cc in the small breast then replace the implant with a larger implant 3 months later and a smaller implant in the large breast to maintain the balance the two whilst still giving me an enhanced cup size. this is going to cost a bomb so im dreading the figure, plus haggling is practically a nono with mybreast so i dont know what to do. im disappointed that ive had such different options presented to me. mr hassan did say it would be better to do the lift and BA in two stages however he would be happy to do it in one and he said i could have a 375 in my small breast which is massively contradictory. im so confused! xx
lumpybumpy
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 31st July 2013, 5:29 pm

I'd go an get a 3rd opinion hun so then you can balance out what everyone has said x
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 31st July 2013, 6:14 pm

Its understandable that you're so confused. James is a very highly skilled and respected surgeon and I'm sorry to read the complexity of the surgery required babe...

I do however agree with our lovely 5stonedown though and seek out the opinion of a 3rd surgeon. You should be able to see another surgeon free of charge through MyBreast after paying your £25, so at least then you'll know you're seeing another BAAPS surgeon and take things from there hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lumpybumpy 31st July 2013, 6:25 pm

yes cookie i think this is what im considering especially with the complexities i need a BAAPS surgeon. james certainly knew what he was talking about and i would be happy to book with him, especially after hearing how much work is involved in correcting these puppies, i think i would feel happier going for the 2 stage option. my mum has suggested i go to see my GP again and lay it on the line about how 2 highly qualified surgeons have both given differing advice and that i would like a referral to see another surgeon somewhere like spire as i dont really want to pay £150 for a consult but i want another opinion from a BAAPS/BAPRAS surgeon. ive been to my surgery umpteen times about having correctve surgery through the NHS and they wont even refer me to a surgeon so im hoping they might compromise after seeing how bad they are and give me something! xx
lumpybumpy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 31st July 2013, 6:34 pm

I'm surprised your GP hasn't referred you reading how complexed the proposed surgery is. Quite shocking to be honest, especially after reading about a girl wanting to be a bloody glamour model getting hers done on the NHS when there's genuine cases like yourself that NEED it and I'd go back and push your GP for this hun.

Definitely get the 3rd consultation though. You only need pay for one but you should get 3 for that price hun, so its not going to cost you any more in seeing another BAAPS surgeon and given whats involved I'd definitely stick with BAAPS babe.

I'm hoping though that your GP is going to help you now. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lumpybumpy 31st July 2013, 6:54 pm

oh god cookie dont get me started on the NHS!! dont get me wrong i believe it should absolutely prioritise health problems and life threatening conditions but ive had no support from the surgery, the only doctor who was helpful still wouldnt refer me as she said the funding had recently been drastically cut and they were even stopping breast reductions because of funding problems but she gave me a lot of info and recommended BAAPS and BAPRAS (not that i needed it because i had all the info from you lovely ladies on here!) but at least she made the effort to inform me of my options.im hoping to go back to her and see if they can offer me just something
to go on. xx
lumpybumpy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 31st July 2013, 6:59 pm

Maybe if they could just help with an expander in the smaller breast to help prepare for surgery? At least this would be something. It not like you're requesting a straight forward BA, you're talking 'reconstructive surgery' here and this is 'essential' from what James has said to help you achieve a good look. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tittilicious 31st July 2013, 9:38 pm

Hey lumpybumpy,

Just wanted to say I'm pleased your consult with James went well - if the news was a little disappointing. 

As for your earlier post about beating yourself up for not wearing more supportive bras as you lost weight. I'm pretty sure no matter how supportive a bra if weight loss is significant there is little that can be done to prevent excess skin and drooping (sadly). 

I hope you manage to get some joy from your GP.

Zoe xx
Tittilicious
Tittilicious
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 143

http://tittilicious.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lumpybumpy 1st August 2013, 7:55 am

thanks both, im definitely going to see my GP before i go any further, my head is spinning right now so i need to be careful not to overload myself! Zoe i hope you're recovering well from your uplift, it'll be interesting to see how you fare from the ops in two stages after you have your implants and it might even help make my mind up for me! have u booked in for your implants yet or are you waiting to see how you feel after the uplift recovery? xx
lumpybumpy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Tittilicious 1st August 2013, 12:23 pm

lumpybumpy wrote:thanks both, im definitely going to see my GP before i go any further, my head is spinning right now so i need to be careful not to overload myself! Zoe i hope you're recovering well from your uplift, it'll be interesting to see how you fare from the ops in two stages after you have your implants and it might even help make my mind up for me! have u booked in for your implants yet or are you waiting to see how you feel after the uplift recovery? xx

Hey LB,

My surgeon will see me at a month post-op and will assess how my healing is doing then  At that stage he will be able to give me an earliest date he'd be willing to operate.  It will then be down to me to find time in my crazy busy business diary to have the op (and recovery time).

I will, of course, keep you informed xxx
Tittilicious
Tittilicious
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lumpybumpy 2nd August 2013, 11:46 am

yes please do! ive just had my figure from mybreast - £11500! they said they'll charge in full for the two ops but i was annoyed with them as i had to explain everything in full again over the phone but i know James' clinic sent everything through to them as i was standing by the desk when james asked the lady to speak to mybreast, including the fee suggestion so already they've been a nightmare to deal with. ive emailed james in the hope he may offer me a fee direct with him so i'll just have to wait and see now xx
lumpybumpy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Tittilicious 2nd August 2013, 12:45 pm

lumpybumpy wrote:yes please do! ive just had my figure from mybreast - £11500! they said they'll charge in full for the two ops but i was annoyed with them as i had to explain everything in full again over the phone but i know James' clinic sent everything through to them as i was standing by the desk when james asked the lady to speak to mybreast, including the fee suggestion so already they've been a nightmare to deal with. ive emailed james in the hope he may offer me a fee direct with him so i'll just have to wait and see now xx

How frustrating!

I hope you get some joy out of emailing James direct.  Had I been required to pay for the two ops as if they were entirely separate procedures that would, almost certainly, have resulted in my deciding not to have surgery at all :( .

It seems a bit unreasonable that they are unwilling to offer any discount at all.  

I realise that what Mr Russo offered me was very generous given the extra time and work involved in him committing to two ops (and I think THG would not have been at all happy about it) but he - I gather from comments spontaneously offered from pretty much everyone from the drivers that took me to and from the hospital, the clinic nurses and the hospital nurses - is a bit of a law unto himself (and I don't think THG want to lose him - again).

My fingers are crossed for you Lovely xx

Zoe xx
Tittilicious
Tittilicious
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lumpybumpy 2nd August 2013, 12:53 pm

thanks zoe :) yes it is unfair and what frustrated me more was that i had to explain the whole procedure to the sales woman which i didnt understand as she had already phoned with a price then was going to check with her manager so they must have read the notes from James! despite this i had to explain everything over again which isnt ideal seeing as im not the surgeon! they didnt have any sympathy for the complexity of the surgery and trying to explain the reasoning behind it was just utterly pointless, i'd rather go through James directly if i decide to go ahead as he is fully aware of the task ahead.

at the moment im still very much confused as ive looked through the uplift part of the forum and it seems so many ladies have a lift and BA so im wondering whether to still consider Mr hassan for the two in one go or just focus on james' advice due to how tricky the position of both breasts.

this research is hard work! xx
lumpybumpy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 2nd August 2013, 1:25 pm

Lumpy sounds like your having a tough time lol! Like said before, maybe have one final consultation so you have a general idea, they will either say the same as Mr Hassan or as James so at least that should help!

It doesn't give you a good impression of mybreast so if you do decide on James it looks like going direct will be best! xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 2nd August 2013, 1:36 pm

Why don't you see one more surgeon Lumpy? You've paid for the consultation t MyBreast and I'm sure you get 3 consultations for the price.

Seeing another surgeon may just help you decide whether a combined surgery would be the way to go? Or whether James' suggestion of needing to do the surgery in stages is the best way to go.

Mr Hassan is still only in training through BAAPS, he is not yet a full BAAPS members, so James is the more experienced surgeon of the two... But seeing another full BAAPS surgeon on par with James will help I feel for you to make that final decision babe. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lumpybumpy 2nd August 2013, 1:38 pm

mybreast have been useless and this is pre-op, not even that, its pre-booking! im off to see my GP this afternoon so im hoping for some advice there about maybe another consultation or how i should proceed in making the right decision. what a fuss! xx
lumpybumpy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 2nd August 2013, 1:41 pm

Really hoping all goes well with your GP hun. From what you've been told hopefully your GP will offer a referral now. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lumpybumpy 2nd August 2013, 1:43 pm

hi cookie, yes im tempted to see another surgeon via mybreast because of the BAAPS accreditation, its just the travelling and time off work makes it a bit tricky right now as james was the closest and he was 2 hours away so when i can get time i'll try and use that consultation fee for another opinion. ill also see what the GP comes back with today and go from there. :) xx
lumpybumpy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Tittilicious 2nd August 2013, 1:45 pm

lumpybumpy wrote:mybreast have been useless and this is pre-op, not even that, its pre-booking! im off to see my GP this afternoon so im hoping for some advice there about maybe another consultation or how i should proceed in making the right decision. what a fuss! xx

Best of luck with your GP this afternoon Lovely.

Zoe xx
Tittilicious
Tittilicious
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lumpybumpy 2nd August 2013, 1:50 pm

thanks girlies for all your support, you've been great! this week has been really tough because i think i'd honestly thought it would be a straightforward BA with two different size implants, really wasnt expecting the whole 're-engineering' of my chest area to be put to me! but there you go, nothing in life comes easy lol! xxx
lumpybumpy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next