Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do I really need an uplift???

+5
ANewMeToBe
*Sally*
angbabyxx
angelemma
newboobs?
9 posters

Go down

Do I really need an uplift??? Empty Do I really need an uplift???

Post by newboobs? 1st January 2011, 11:34 am

Here goes!!!!

Im planning an uplift/BA at Spire Leeds soon, although on my second consultation my surgeon got the measuring tape and measured from the centre of my collar bone down to where my nipple is ( I guess, I had to turn my head in embarrassment!!) He said it only needs to go up a couple of centimeters??? Although I have a freind who looked pretty much similar to me pre op and she just had a BA and her nipples have lifted....

Do I reallt need an uplift?? or will an implant lift aswell??

I ideally just long to walk around without wearing any support and my nips to point in the direction Im going!!! rather than looking slightly down!! :heehee:

THANKYOU XX
newboobs?
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Do I really need an uplift??? Empty Re: Do I really need an uplift???

Post by angelemma 1st January 2011, 11:39 am

I was told I needed an uplift by one surgeon but the surgeon I went with did a nipple lift rather than a full on lollipop/anchor lift. It depends on how much breast tissue and skin I suppose? Honestly it will be worth it as they won't sag as quickly!! I had asymmetry so only my larger side was droopy but I am really pleased that I had it lifted!!!

xx
angelemma
angelemma
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 532

Back to top Go down

Post by angbabyxx 1st January 2011, 12:15 pm

HI hun, my ps did imply at my consultation that I could do with a lift but I didn't want that, and told him so (I didn't want any more scars than absolutely necessary) he didn't challenge my decision and I was sure I didn't need one. Thankfully it turned out ok and I didn't need a lift afterall, my nipples were in the same position after the implants as they were before - and practically central, so I was happy with the result. My scar underneath the crease has practically faded now and it's not noticeable at all.
I suppose it's trial and error sometimes hun, I would push your ps into confirming if a lift is REALLY necessary and if he thinks it is then you may have to go with him on it.
There are lots of girls that have had lifts on here and I'm sure they will be along (after the hols) to reassure you that the scarring from a lift is not as bad as you may think, you might even like to ask the girls to see their pics (before and after) to you can see for yourself.
Whatever you decide hun, I wish you luck. You will be so pleased when you get your new boobs, you'll wonder what all the fuss and worry was about!!!! Keep us posted on your progress babe. x
angbabyxx
angbabyxx
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1108

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 1st January 2011, 2:20 pm

Honey if your nipples are pointing downwards at the moment then I doubt just having a ba without uplift will fix that. Also, if you're borderline uplift and just have implants you're going to have to bear in mind that at some point in the future you will more than likely need more surgery. Having said that I'm not a surgeon or an expert at all and haven't seen your boobs so don't take what I'm saying as gospel.

Like the other girls have said you really need discuss the options with your ps. xxxx
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by newboobs? 1st January 2011, 2:40 pm

Hi

Yeah I kind of realise I need a lift to get my desired shape...its just that when they are cold they look fine but when they are warm - YUK!!!

Breast Lift it def is then......can't wait!

x
newboobs?
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by ANewMeToBe 1st January 2011, 6:09 pm

Having my uplift was the best thing I ever did!!! I was sooo scared of scaring when my ps said I needed one, he offered just a ba but said he wouldn't be happy with the result and that the implant weight would mean more sagging and re-op would be needed in no time.

Trust your surgeon, they will not want to give a sub standard result.
ANewMeToBe
ANewMeToBe
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 1st January 2011, 9:14 pm

Hi Newboobs,

I felt the same way as you pre op as the thought of the lift is intimidating.

I am so glad I had it though it is amazing the difference it has made to the shape of my boobs, best thing I have done!

I truly dont think that having the lift makes the recovery much harder at all, and although there will be scars, to me they are so worth it to get the new and wonderful shape to my boobs. And for me the scars are far better than I immagined, they are fading so much I am sure they will be hardly noticable in a few months time.

When deciding you have to keep in mind that if you are borderline uplift, you will more than likely need one down the track anyway... so to prevent further surgury, money and recovery time you should consider just doing it now.

Good luck deciding!
xx
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 1st January 2011, 9:21 pm

i was borderline uplift and didnt have one, and now i need a re-op with uplift because they just didnt look right.
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 1st January 2011, 9:43 pm

I was borderline and PS just did an uplift even tho I had paid for uplift. Now need re-op! x
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Post by 02050Mama 5th January 2011, 2:40 am

@NewBoobs-In order to answer you better it would help to know what your sagging is caused from, and what your bra size is now, and is the sagging due to weight loss, and /or breastfeeding, and if so what was your biggest bra size during those times?
For me, I was always small-a 34A, then during pregnancy and breast feeding I was a fullB, then after my kids, I was a small 34B, with some sagging also (especially on left side, which was always the bigger boob). My PS has an approach called "bi-planar", in which it gives the appearance of a lift without having to have one. Although it has barely been a month since my BA, I immediately noticed that my nipples are standing at attention now instead of shamefully looking down!
Also, my cousin who actually is the one who referred me to my PS, also started out tall, thin and small chested. Except when she had her kids, she gained about 100lbs, and her boobs were an E cup from an A. THEY WERE HUGER THAN HUGE!
Needless to say she worked like crazy and lost all her weight..but her boobs were left looking like socks with rocks at the bottom. She could "roll" them up into a C cup and they looked good, till she took off her bra-then bang-they were a mess. Our PS did this bi-planar approach with her, and they look AWESOME! The majoy catch (for some) is that you MUST go as big, or a little bigger than you were at you biggest. For me that was 420CC, for her 690CC! I would be outright guessing if I tried to explain exactly what the difference is in this surgical approach, but it did cost $500 (usd) more-(I travelled 1000+miles to see my PS so he waived this fee for me, but it would have been well worth it for me).
Perhaps you can ask your PS about this approach, and see what he/she says? Its worth a shot, before you have to have more surgery, recovery and possible scarring than necessary-AGAIN though, I do not know if this will do it for you-but it was the case for us, and are boobs differed greatly. Dunno all the criteria though-can't hurt to ask! xx GOOD LUCK-
02050Mama
02050Mama
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down