Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aftercare - who gives the best?

4 posters

Go down

Aftercare - who gives the best? Empty Aftercare - who gives the best?

Post by LB1985 8th July 2013, 9:27 am

Hi girls,

So I am currently leaning towards Simon Withey at Mybreast simply because I've done my research, he has the most experience, has done loads of revision surgery and I would imagine in his almost 15 years of plastic surgery has now seen almost everything and all the post op issues as well. 

My only issue is the Mybreast aftercare that some girls have had problems with. To be honest with you I don't really know how it compares to Spire - does anyone else? I kind of had my heart set on a Spire surgeon just because they're all BAAPS and I didn't want to go through a company and even though I didn't actually love Simon I haven't read anything but amazing things about him, have never seen any complications arise as a result of his surgery - I could be wrong though so please correct me. I have this gut feeling that whilst he may not give me the size I'd like (he says no bigger than 270cc and really wants to do 240cc and I wanted 280cc-300cc) I think that the results will be best from him of everyone I've seen.

What exactly should I be looking for in aftercare? Do any surgeons cover anatomicals flipping? It seems that Mybreast don't.

Thanks for advice all!! xx
LB1985
LB1985
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 138

Back to top Go down

Aftercare - who gives the best? Empty Re: Aftercare - who gives the best?

Post by jenniferrf1 8th July 2013, 10:12 am

I'm not 100% sure in this area so I can only tell you what I know... Company's such as spire and my breast do not have a long aftercare... I think it's up to two years (again someone with more experience will be able to tell you for sure) but there is that new programme where BAAPS surgeons are able to extend this (there's the sticky above to look at) which is great because it will allow them to compete with the bigger companies... But I think because its still very new it's not plain sailing yet. The bigger companies you do get the longer aftercare (transform have ten years) ... But if you didn't feel that connection with them... I think it's so important to feel 100% confident with your surgeon so that you don't have worrys about a re op but the aftercare also needs to make you feel confident because even with a BAAPS surgeon things could still go wrong because no one knows how your body will react!

Hope that kind of helps, and lets hope some other girls who have first have experience will be able to give you great advice xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 8th July 2013, 10:25 am

From the large commercial clinics you're looking to get about 3 years aftercare from them.

MyBreast offers 5 years seeing a surgeon, but the implants they use offer a full cost cover for 'ruptures' over a ten year period.

Spire, offer, I think 1 year, but again the implants they too use will offer a free revision for 10 years should you have a rupture.

Its the clinics using BAAPS surgeons that we have found to have the least complication rate of all. There have been a recent spat of girls using one surgeon from MyBreast (not Mr Whitey) who had problems and problems with the clinic. But in all honesty is something we've never heard here before of anyone else having complaints. So this is rare.

Although you say you've never heard of ny cases of revision from this surgeon, without doubt he will have had. There are just some complications such as rupture or CC that are beyond a surgeons control and he will have dealt with cases like those for sure. Even the best surgeons in the world will have complications back, so do take this into consideration babe - there are ALWAYS  risks, no matter which surgeon you use.

BAAPS released a statement recently also that there is now an insurance scheme BAAPS surgeons can opt into, so do ask your surgeon about this. If he is part of the scheme then you can take advantage of a further 2 years insurance (like aftercare)

You can read about that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by LB1985 16th July 2013, 9:41 am

Hi Cookie, is it normal for other clinics to also cover issues except rupture and CC? ie like DB or bottoming out or other complications like that? I sense that with Mybreast it has been almost impossible. I appreciate that it hasn't been with Simon Withey but as you say there are risks with all surgeons and this does worry me. I also really don't want to go through one of their Patient Advisors. So far 3 different girls have been in touch with me and none of them seem to work 5 days a week. Do you think on my second consultation with Simon Withey I should tell him that I feel uncomfortable not having that direct contact? 

I also met with Marc Pacifico yesterday. He was absolutely lovely and if I was to chose on personality alone he would be my choice, he was caring and really tailored our consultation to me and what I was looking for. However, he is the youngest of all the surgeons I've seen and my boyfriend feels uncomfortable with this. 

Still confused! haha.

xx
LB1985
LB1985
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 16th July 2013, 10:45 am

With all due respect LB, it's you that's having the surgery not your boyfriend. I've just read his website and he's /baapas registered and I feel if you've clicked with him and really thought a lot of his consulation then he should be considered as your surgeon. 

I'm not sure what the aftercare offered is though?
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by LB1985 16th July 2013, 10:56 am

Yeah, my boyfriend knows who wears the trousers and it's my decision ultimately, but that was my only concern about him when we walked away. I think it would be equally unwise to choose based on personality alone. I'm in a recruitment role and I speak with nice people all day but it doesn't mean that those are the right candidates for the jobs, the candidates with the right level of experience plus a good personality are. I guess I'm thinking the same in this situation and basically interviewing the surgeons myself for my job (which is my surgery) if that makes sense. And I have to weigh up all the factors. I've seen only BAAPs surgeons so far - 5 of them in fact, hence my confusion, haha.

xx
LB1985
LB1985
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 16th July 2013, 11:17 am

Yes based on just personally would be unwise however you do say he was 'just what you were looking for' and he tailored the consulation to you. 

And even the most experienced (older) surgeons can still run into complications.
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th July 2013, 12:44 pm

LB1985 wrote:Hi Cookie, is it normal for other clinics to also cover issues except rupture and CC? ie like DB or bottoming out or other complications like that? I sense that with Mybreast it has been almost impossible. I appreciate that it hasn't been with Simon Withey but as you say there are risks with all surgeons and this does worry me. I also really don't want to go through one of their Patient Advisors. So far 3 different girls have been in touch with me and none of them seem to work 5 days a week. Do you think on my second consultation with Simon Withey I should tell him that I feel uncomfortable not having that direct contact? 

Yes, other complications are covered through your aftercare but to know which specifically you'd have to request your aftercare in working hun.

I was fooled by Transform thinking ALL complications were covered, only to find that although the ruptured implant was covered and therefore I would be given a free re-op to replace the implant, what wasn't covered was the adverse reaction my body had to the rupture resulting in my needing an uplift to repair the damage and Transform refused point blank to perform surgery to make me look normal. Instead, they were very happy to replace the implant which would have ultimately left me with severe asymmetry. To quote my surgeon, in the breast that had the reaction he said "Its going to be like throwing a ball in a sock" I just couldn't live that way and after ALOT of stress and ALOT of haggling Transform agreed to perform the additional surgery for four and a half grand. This was a reduction after much haggling from the seven and a half they wanted from me initially. I despise them for what they were prepared to do to me and how they dealt the matter, so do make sure everything is clear to you babe. Transform are renowned for being VERY clever with their wording.

As for MyBreast, I can honestly say hand on heart that complications through MyBreast are rare. I would NEVER advise anyone to use a clinic I didnt feel were reputable. This is purely because of the calibre of surgeons used and they should have no problem at all giving you direct access to their private email.

If you have concerns you are right to air them and anything you're unsure about at all 'GET IT IN WRITING' honestly babe. Don't be afraid to ask for this. This is a contract both yourself and the clinic are entering into and you need to be clear with what you're signing up for.

I also met with Marc Pacifico yesterday. He was absolutely lovely and if I was to chose on personality alone he would be my choice, he was caring and really tailored our consultation to me and what I was looking for. However, he is the youngest of all the surgeons I've seen and my boyfriend feels uncomfortable with this. 

Still confused! haha.

xx

All BAAPS surgeons have an ambulance of experience having worked in the NHS at consultant level for at least six years, they were trained by BAAPS mentors and are fully monitored throughout their membership so you can be assured that any BAAPS surgeon used is more than capable of doing the doing.

What you need to find is a surgeon that you connect with and feel if you were unlucky to have a complication they would be sympathetic to you and give you the time needed to guide you... As young as this surgeon is it seems you did find this in this surgeon hun.

So I wouldn't thwarted by age hun... To be in the position he's worked so hard to achieve he's obviously a very talented surgeon indeed. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LB1985 16th July 2013, 1:18 pm

Hi girls, definite food for thought. Again, I haven't read anything bad about Pacifico. What I found in Pacifico I feel I didn't find with Withey in terms of that personality aspect and the after care, it's clear that he would want to see me if I was crying hysterically and not happy with results. I can't say that Withey wouldn't care but I didn't get the same warmth from him. However, Withey was very confident and you can tell he has seen everything in his career. Pacifico mentioned he does about 50 BA's a year and I wondered if this was a little low to be honest. 
It's such a tough decision and I feel like i'm going round in circles and questioning myself non stop. Any suggestions girl? :(

XX
LB1985
LB1985
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th July 2013, 1:23 pm

Mr Pacifico wouldn't have been accepted as a member of BAAPS had he not passed stringent testing to ensure he was at the top of his game before gaining full membership so you do have that assurity that he is more than capable of the job he's doing.

Is he the right surgeon for you? That's something only you can decide hun, but take your time, maybe have second consultations before making any decision. I always think when you walk out of that that room you KNOW the one. They make you feel safe and assured that you're going to get what you want and be well taken care of afterwards.

Don't rush babe would be my advise... Maybe neither are right for you if you are so hesitant? Maybe you need to see more surgeons before making up your mind babe and after them... You never know, it may finally hit you that you've already met him and just like with shopping, its the first one you saw that you want to buy lol. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 16th July 2013, 1:29 pm

50 BA's a year doesn't seem like much at all, but maybe he does many more other procedures..

Im a real worrier, I worry about everything so I also wanted to find the right surgeon, but after seeing four, I ruled one out right away. It really came down to two surgeons for me, Mr M and Mr Hassan. I choose mr M because I liked him the most, he filled me with the most confidence and meeting him for the second time I know I made the right decision.

You could go with the one who has the most qualifications but theres absolutely no guarantee that something wont go wrong so you really need to decide who you liked the most and who you feel will give you the best result. You know they are both great with excellent reputations and they know what they are doing so go with who you feel will look after you, give you what you want and will be there for you if you do have a complication.  xxx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LB1985 16th July 2013, 3:07 pm

My brain is just spinning constantly, but then this is me on a daily basis. I am a terrible decision maker. I read reviews on everything before making a decision and then confuse myself even more!!! I wonder sometimes how I get by in life! haha. 

Feel like I'm repeating myself like some kind of robot with you girls. I really appreciate all the advice and I apologise for being such a pain!

xx
LB1985
LB1985
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th July 2013, 3:10 pm

You're not a pain at all hun. Ask what you need to. Type want to be 100% sure about your decision and if you think we can help in anyway then please do lovely... Its what we're here for Hug 
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 16th July 2013, 5:04 pm

Lol your not a pain, I was the same with my sizing dilemma :) like cookie said this forum is for support :) xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down