Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dog walking!

+7
sparkyleeds
Redtulip123
COOKIE
Lauraloubell
mrsball
tinkerbell24
hannahp123
11 posters

Go down

Dog walking! Empty Dog walking!

Post by hannahp123 27th February 2013, 8:56 am

Hi Girls,
I'm trying to make plans for the week after my surgery and wondered if any of you have experience of walking a dog post surgery? I was thinking it might be sensible to take a week off walking my dog as I'm worried he might pull on the lead and damage my new boobs!
Hannah xx
hannahp123
hannahp123
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 214

Back to top Go down

Dog walking! Empty Re: Dog walking!

Post by tinkerbell24 27th February 2013, 11:02 am

I would def say that you need to get someone to take the dog out not just for the pulling but also you might feel really weak after your op for while, i know that i tried to do a wee 3 min walk to my mums with my sister on day 3 and half way there i thought i was going to faint lol xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 27th February 2013, 11:08 am

Even after a week Hun you're not going to be able to allow any pressure on your chest. 6 weeks is the norm for resuming excersise, hoovering etc.

As tink said even a very short walk after a week without a dog is enough to kancker you! Just see how you go but my advise would be to get someone to walk your dog for you for at least a few weeks until you get the go ahead or feel up to it. Just remeber you'll be healing internally for months after x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauraloubell 27th February 2013, 11:22 am

Hi there, Good luck for your OP, bet you're so excited! Just to echo what the other ladies said - def not the first week, and probably not until well after week two. I have been fine with walking from day two and actually found that it helped me. But I'm still not really able to carry my bag around yet on day 11 and even holding my daughter's hand on the way to school is sore. So a doggy pulling on his lead would be a no for me xxxx
Lauraloubell
Lauraloubell
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 330

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th February 2013, 12:19 pm

You're going to need someone to help walk your pooch for at least 2 weeks babe. At first your arms are as week as a kitten, I couldn't even flush the loo they were that weak! Bu especially if your dog is known to pull on lead you're going to need to be extra careful even after that 2 weeks.

I have 2 spaniels babe, they generally have 2 walks a day, when I had my first BA I just had to let them have a run round the garden and that was it. Spaniels are known to be very hyper if they aren't walked but they were just fine babe. So don't worry about the dog. It'll cope with the garden no problem whilst you recover. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by hannahp123 27th February 2013, 12:47 pm

Thanks Guys! I'll make sure I don't take him out for a good few weeks in that case. I do live with my BF so should be ok, just means he'll have to make sure he's around as we don't have a garden and our dog needs to go out a lot. Can't wait to tell my BF I can't hoover for a good few weeks! Hehe!

And yep, really excited now the op is so close! :)

Thanks again xx
hannahp123
hannahp123
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Redtulip123 27th February 2013, 3:14 pm

Glad you asked this question as I had been wondering the same thing. OH will have to do dog duties for a while then- he's going to so love doing all the cleaning/cooking/child care. Don't think I dare tell him in advance!!!!
Redtulip123
Redtulip123
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 397

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauraloubell 27th February 2013, 4:02 pm

There are rewards after a month or so though - that's what I keep telling my bf Dog walking! 1978086825
Lauraloubell
Lauraloubell
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 330

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 27th February 2013, 7:30 pm

my husband actually has changed since he HAD to help with the hoovering, washing, mopping, dishes, changing beds, making dinner, getting the girls bathed and bedded every night, the school/nursery run twice a day etc he didnt realised just how much i done and how i LOVED having that half and hour bath lol xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkyleeds 27th February 2013, 8:25 pm

I didn't walk my dog for at least 6 weeks as she is a real puller!!,the surgeon advised this and to be honest I still had quite a lot of pain in my chest!!,she was fine going out occasionally with hubby and spent most of the time sat on my knee!!xxx
sparkyleeds
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1901

Back to top Go down

Post by hannahp123 27th February 2013, 8:31 pm

Eek! 6 weeks! I don't think I'm fully prepared for how weak I'm going to be afterwards. x
hannahp123
hannahp123
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkyleeds 27th February 2013, 8:39 pm

Don't worry!!!,some ladies feel fine a lot sooner!!,think im just a slow healer !!xxx
sparkyleeds
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1901

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 27th February 2013, 10:36 pm

i had a long recovery with pain and im still not signed off from my surgeon yet boooo. my implants are sitting high xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rubylily 28th February 2013, 7:25 am

Hey my dog pulls to but he's only 7kg.. My sis looked after him week 1 now she's helping me with him - I'm 2 weeks post op and I was fine walking outside after about 5 days and I went on a 2 hr walk with him to the park at the weekend - my sis came and led him. I think 4-6 weeks for me to be on safe side as its also bending over picking up their poop/balls etc!

I've got my 2 week post op appointment today - dressings coming off!!!!

Can't wait to see them xx
rubylily
rubylily
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Post by hannahp123 28th February 2013, 8:37 am

My dog is 15kg. He's usually fairly well behaved but if he sees another dog he can pull quite hard. Hope everything goes ok today Ruby with your dressings coming off and they look great!

Tink - sorry to hear you're still in pain, but good that your husband is being so good around the house etc. I hope my OH is like that!

xx
hannahp123
hannahp123
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Boodreams 28th February 2013, 10:06 am

I LOVE this thread - thanks for sharing the realities of the healing journey girls.. it really helps us pre-BA when we are planning ahead for the big day and beyond!
Boodreams
Boodreams
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 300

Back to top Go down

Post by yolanda12310 17th March 2013, 3:34 pm

My dog weighs more than I do, hes nearly nine stone! And he does the same if he sees a dog, he will pull to get to them as he loves other dogs. My partner has agreed to do the doggy duties until im given the go ahead. My advice is to get a Hauti, its a harness that goes around their nose. It doesnt cause them pain or any discomfort but it just takes away how much strength they have. Hairnesses around their shoulders are no good as this is where their strength comes from.

Hope this helps. x
yolanda12310
yolanda12310
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Post by hannahp123 17th March 2013, 5:36 pm

Thanks Yolanda!

Wow - your dog sounds HUGE!

x
hannahp123
hannahp123
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by yolanda12310 17th March 2013, 6:39 pm

No worries, I hope it all works out for you. xx
yolanda12310
yolanda12310
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 17th March 2013, 6:54 pm

I think i'm gona take my MIL's dog out for walks post op, just to get me moving etc. He's only a small dog, and i've walked him before n he doesn't pull at all (he's very nervous so doesn't go for other dogs or anything) but obv i'll have OH with me so if anything he can have the lead and i can just stroll on next to him. Just an excuse to get out the house really
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by rubylily 17th March 2013, 6:56 pm

yes it's nice to do some leisurely strolls with them - about day 10 I did a two hour walk with mine and my sister to a huge park... was nice to stretch legs, get some air and get out and about.
My sis was there to chuck the ball and help on the lead etc...

It did tire me out but it's good to get moving when you can xx
rubylily
rubylily
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Post by Redtulip123 18th March 2013, 12:37 pm

Just got back from my last long dog walk for a while. Did 6 miles and now have a very mucky dog to wash off. Am pleased to hear I should be able to do short walks if my OH holds him when on lead.
Redtulip123
Redtulip123
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 397

Back to top Go down

Post by yolanda12310 18th March 2013, 7:04 pm

Just been running with mine, so will def miss that once i'm recovering from op. x
yolanda12310
yolanda12310
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down