Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breast augmentation and uplift booked Feb 13th!

+5
COOKIE
Kurukullachis
lil-happy-jo
mrsball
rubylily
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Breast augmentation and uplift booked Feb 13th!  Empty Breast augmentation and uplift booked Feb 13th!

Post by rubylily 1st February 2013, 8:27 pm

Hi - I am booked in for this procedure at Spire Hospital Harpenden on 13th of Feb!
If anyone has had this done with Dr. Sojitra or at Spire please let me know..
Very nervous!!!!
But excited.. be great to speak to anyone who has had same procedure xx
rubylily
rubylily
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Breast augmentation and uplift booked Feb 13th!  Empty Re: Breast augmentation and uplift booked Feb 13th!

Post by mrsball 1st February 2013, 8:38 pm

Hi and welcome to bjsf , there's quite a few ladies who have had uplifts and Bas here who'll be happy to chat.
If you'd
If you'd like to add your ba date to the Callander entries section of the forum so we can wish you well on your big day x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Breast augmentation and uplift booked Feb 13th!  Empty Re: Breast augmentation and uplift booked Feb 13th!

Post by lil-happy-jo 1st February 2013, 8:43 pm

Hi there and congrats on booking your big day. I live near Harpenden and have some friends that have had BAs there but with Mr Miles Dixon x Only heard good things about the hospital so sure you will be in safe hands x
lil-happy-jo
lil-happy-jo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 437

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurukullachis 1st February 2013, 11:13 pm

Hi

Congrats on your forthcoming BA.. What sort of lift are you having?? I think between all of us we've covered most things :D

Kurukullachis
Kurukullachis
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 1st February 2013, 11:21 pm

Hello and welcome to Breast Buddies Ruby wavey

I along with many other ladies on the forum have had a BA with uplift lovely so if you have any questions or concerns at all just ask away!

No question goes unanswered here and our lovely ladies will all make you feel very welcome.
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkinoo 2nd February 2013, 1:18 pm

Hi Ruby, I'm having my Ba uplift on the same day as you! x
nikkinoo
nikkinoo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 612

http://www.fitnfabulous.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by rubylily 3rd February 2013, 7:55 pm

Hey guys - I'm not sure what sort of lift I am having - didn't realise there were different lifts?!
Any thoughts welcome.
For those that have had the BA and uplift - I have got 10 days before I go back to work - is that enough?
Read quite a few horror stories about the healing process - be great to know at what point you feel well again and the boobs look normal (ish!).

xx
rubylily
rubylily
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rubylily 3rd February 2013, 8:04 pm

Actually think I am having the lollipop lift as he said scars would be just around the nipple and one down the middle of each breast - if anyone has any experience of this + implant I would love to chat!
thanks,
Leila x
rubylily
rubylily
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 3rd February 2013, 8:04 pm

Don't listen to horror stories Ruby. Its like pregnancy isn't it, there's always one with a gory tale they can't wait to tell you but a couple of years on they've got 3 kids around their ankles! If it was that bad no one would have 'one' would they lovely.

As for time off work, I think you'd be better with 2 weeks off hun. You're quite weak initially after surgery and it takes a while to get back to normality, generally a week to get over the worst then another week building your strength back up.

If you have any questions at all that you want to know about hun, even if they may sound silly to you, they won't to us Hug so ask away hun, we're happy to help. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 3rd February 2013, 8:10 pm

rubylily wrote:Actually think I am having the lollipop lift as he said scars would be just around the nipple and one down the middle of each breast - if anyone has any experience of this + implant I would love to chat!
thanks,
Leila x

Yup, that's a lollipop lift. I've just had this myself leila. yes

Right after surgery your boobs will feel hard, high, tight and heavy and they'll have dressings on for the first week so you won't be able to see nothing babe. When you go back for your wound check at around a week post-op often you need steri-strips just to strengthen the skin in areas, some are fine though and after two weeks you can generally start showing again.

When the dressings get removed, if you're squeamish, it may be a bit scary at first, but its only the thought of them, once you actually see them you'll think 'what was I thinking... There's nothing at all to worry about' :doh: honestly hun, its really NOT that bad and when the scars have fully healed over a period of a year they're then barely visible! And the result achieved from having a lift is amazing! You really will LOVE your perky new boobs dance
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rubylily 3rd February 2013, 8:14 pm

yes I really cannot wait for the results although can't help but be nervous about the op and recovering as I'm not telling my work why I need the time off so don't want to be missing work/in pain/look obvious!

Maybe I'll try and work the second week from home then.

How long until they feel normal?

Thanks so much for your advice much appreciated.

if anyone has had this procedure with Mr. Sojitra then I'd love to know.

thanks,

xx
rubylily
rubylily
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 3rd February 2013, 8:18 pm

About 3 months is when they start to get their natural appearance and the scars have had good time to heal. By six months they'll look amazing and by a year, the scars will look so good too, so the overall appearance by then is fantastic.

If you can work that second week from home that would probably be best and as long as there's no heavy lifting on work at all (no lifting or exercise for a 6 week period) you should be fine babe. X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rubylily 3rd February 2013, 8:21 pm

great I suppose patience is needed.

And do you have to have them done again in a few years??!! x
rubylily
rubylily
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 3rd February 2013, 8:27 pm

Patience is definitely the key to a good recovery Ruby! yes

When you next have to have them done is down to the elasticity of your skin and also how well you look after them.

For example is you get pregnant after having your lift and you've sagged before, chances are you will again and may want to have another lift.

Weight gain/loss will also have an effect on your boobs, so if you can get to your ideal weight pre-op (or within 1/2 a stone either way) and maintain that that weight then you shouldn't need a re-op for a long time to come, IF you also keep your boobs well supported after surgery too.

Its all about maintenance hun. If you look after you boobs, keep the skin well moisturised so they're nice and supple and keep them well supported with a maintained weight, you shouldn't need another for a very, very, very long time.

You should be aware also that breast implants will only generally last for 10 years. So its always best straight after surgery to make plans for your next op anyway. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rubylily 3rd February 2013, 8:31 pm

So much to think about!

I guess I want to have this procedure done regardless but good to have reassurance and to know there are people there who've had this who can calm nerves pre-post op!

Thank you again will be in touch with any more questions :)

xx
rubylily
rubylily
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nataliei87 3rd February 2013, 8:33 pm

hi ruby i just had a lift and ba 4 days ago. it was planned for me to have the lollipop one but when i woke up the surgeon said he didnt need to do the incisions downwards. to be honest i havent been in any pain a little uncomfortable but not needed any painkillers. i think depending on the way u recover but i think 10 days would be enough
nataliei87
nataliei87
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 187

Back to top Go down

Post by rubylily 4th February 2013, 10:31 am

Hey NAtalie - what sort of lift did you have? How are you feeling now?

Hi Nikinoo - exciting we are having it on the same day - where are you having yours and with who? And what sort of lift?? xx
rubylily
rubylily
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nataliei87 4th February 2013, 1:02 pm

im not sure wot sort of lift i had was to out of it when the surgeon came round. im not in any pain just a bit uncomfortable.
nataliei87
nataliei87
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 187

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 4th February 2013, 5:14 pm

I had a BA and lollipop lift done in Spire solihull with Mrs CC Kat in Sept. I need a revision to change to a full anchor lift as I need more skin taking away but its only a small procedure to have and otherwise I am very very happy with my result. I was a very saggy 32D before my op after losing 5 stone and now I am a perky 30G! I had 390cc round moderate profile polyurethane overs and love them. Spire have been fantastic, they didnt bombard me with sales techniques, I didnt have a patient co-ordinator I only ever dealt with my surgeon which was great and their aftercare has been great, when I saw my surgeon at 3 months I explained that I wasnt happy about the excess skin and she agreed there and then to revision surgery.... no umming and ahhing and no waiting for head office to agree to it and no waiting for months to have it agreed and no fighting for my aftercare... just a straight answer and I booked in the revision surgery a few days later. I would recommend the company any day xx
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by rubylily 4th February 2013, 9:28 pm

Hi oh that's good to know. What's the difference in lifts? I too have lost around 6 stone thats why I am having the procedure... very nervous! But know I have to get it done.
What were the pain levels like? And when were you able to go back to normal etc? xx
rubylily
rubylily
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 4th February 2013, 10:08 pm

The difference between a lollipop and a full anchor lift is that a lollipop lift has scars around the areola and another from the centre of the areola to the breast crease.

An anchor uplift has the same as above but will also have a horizontal scar along the breast crease too.

You'll have more discomfort than pain Ruby, nothing you won't be able to cope with and you'll get pain killers too to help you through the first week or so, the most discomfort comes from morning boob, which is a sensation similar to that you feel when your boobs are hard and engorged when your breast milk comes in if you have kids, if you don't have kids, in addition them feeling hard and hard, you feel like a rush of blood come to them as you sit from laying and they feel very heavy. Back ache too is the other thing that causes the most discomfort believe it or not lol. But it doesn't last for long and after a week you're over the worst, after two weeks, you can generally get back to normality aside from no lifting or exercise for 6 weeks babe. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 4th February 2013, 10:21 pm

Couldnt have put it better than Cookie has! If your breasts are anything like mine were after loosing all that weight then the operation will change your life. When I look back I cant believe the difference it has made.. I take my bra off now and they just stay there! I can wear anything I like and I feel so much more confident... you cant put a price on this surgery, the discomfort and the hassle of feeling useless it totally worth it! Personally I was uncomfortable for the first 2 weeks and couldnt drive my car until after 2 weeks and even then changing gear was uncomfortable. I am a midwife and couldnt have worked for 6 weeks as my job is far too manual (I was lucky I was between uni and starting my job so I had 8 weeks off). I still couldnt lift my arms straight above my head without it hurting at week 6. By week 12 I felt fully recovered, no pains, no strains and they felt like mine, up until the 12 weeks mark they did still feel a bit alien to me but I had no pain to speak of by the 8 week mark. Its a big operation and you do need time to heal but it goes quickly. xx
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rubylily 4th February 2013, 10:38 pm

Thank you so much for the private message I can't reply on there yet but I will check the site. Good to speak to someone who is in same position as me.. I know I won't regret it definitely can't go on as I am but has taken me years to build up the courage and funds to go for this!

Am excited too..

Will check out your link ASAP thanks again xxx
rubylily
rubylily
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 4th February 2013, 10:40 pm

No worries hope it helps you to visualise the changes and see what a surgeon can do! I was a mess and I still cant believe what my surgeon did for me. xx
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rubylily 4th February 2013, 10:56 pm

You look amazing! How did you get your tummy so flat?! Did you have overs or unders and what sort of size? I'm going for the smallest implant size and having overs. Can you specify what sort of shape you want after? Thanks so much for sharing xx
rubylily
rubylily
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next