Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Telling work

+16
Jasmine Sharpe
suzifaye
mandyjs
CharFaye
tinkerbell24
balamoryyellfruit
zebra1984
Kurukullachis
MissFebruary
Nicole
noellepig
willows
COOKIE
goldilockz1984
achorley
misty23
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Telling work Empty Telling work

Post by misty23 15th January 2013, 10:52 pm

Needing to probably take 2 weeks off work (due to not being able to drive for 2 weeks) I just wondered if most people told their workplace what they're having done?
misty23
misty23
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 522

Back to top Go down

Telling work Empty Re: Telling work

Post by achorley 15th January 2013, 10:56 pm

I've told everyone including work haha xxx
achorley
achorley
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 590

Back to top Go down

Post by goldilockz1984 15th January 2013, 11:00 pm

LOL I'm telling NO ONE! There is no way in hell I would ever tell anyone in my workplace. I'm taking 3 weeks off but simply saying I'm going on holiday xx
goldilockz1984
goldilockz1984
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 579

Back to top Go down

Post by achorley 15th January 2013, 11:01 pm

Really how come? You having them natural looking? I'm a 32a going to DD fakeishhhh looking not massive balls stuck on though haha! But ye they would defo know for me anyway just by looking at me so thought may as well! Xx
achorley
achorley
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 590

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th January 2013, 11:02 pm

My boss was my hubby so there was no getting around telling porkies to him Hysterical
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by willows 15th January 2013, 11:22 pm

I havnt told anyone in work yet (im having mine in May) but i will have to as ive booked 10days off and when i go back after ba i'll have to say i cant do heavy lifting - which sometimes is part of my job - so theyll have to know. plus i think ill have to order more uniform shirts soon as i dont think my implants will fit in a size 8 work shirt the buttons will burst haha x
willows
willows
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 600

Back to top Go down

Post by noellepig 15th January 2013, 11:24 pm

Ya my work would definitely notice in my uniform top anyway! I work with all girls though (just one man, poor guy) and one of my colleauges actually had hers done before xmas! the only reason I think its a good idea to tell though is just if you need more time off than planned? Even if you just told your manager or main boss? xx
noellepig
noellepig
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 258

Back to top Go down

Post by misty23 15th January 2013, 11:31 pm

Dont think lll be telling anyone although I guess you're right noelle x I'm gonna have to avoid lifting so will prob tell someone x
misty23
misty23
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 522

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 15th January 2013, 11:55 pm

I'm not telling work. Having it done over my uni Easter hols but I work seasonally so have told them I can't come back for Easter because of uni work (which is semi true!) just book it off as holiday maybe?
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by MissFebruary 16th January 2013, 12:49 am

I have a highly physical job so have to be on light duties for six weeks (office based work for six weeks) I took two weeks annual then having 4 weeks in the office. My work wouldn't let me have it as sick leave as its cosmetic obviously and I didn't even try. I only told my line manager as someone needed to know details. Then when the woman from hr called me to discuss the light duties I had to tell her. But no one else knew. With my job it's very hard to keep it secret as you have to tell one person to make stuff happen. Depends on your job and how strenuous your job is. I couldn't escape it lol!
Xx
MissFebruary
MissFebruary
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurukullachis 16th January 2013, 7:34 am

I think it depends on the person and their job. I didn't tell mine... One of my staff did (little Cow knew I should of sacked her rather than written warning) . When I went back I wasn't best pleased, I'd booked annual leave.

My previous job one of my staff had hers done and told me and I was so excited haha just told her don't use them to her advantage with the boys
Kurukullachis
Kurukullachis
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by zebra1984 16th January 2013, 8:24 am

I think everyone knows at my work place... I told a few close mates there then it's kind of obvious now but I don't care, I'm proud :) It's office gossip for a few days then it's just old news xx
zebra1984
zebra1984
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 638

Back to top Go down

Post by balamoryyellfruit 16th January 2013, 8:32 am

Pffft the only person i have told is my hubby. Not even my family know so im certainly not telling work =P and i timed mine quite nicely around uni in April x
balamoryyellfruit
balamoryyellfruit
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1623

http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img]http://tickers.T

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 16th January 2013, 8:57 am

i had to tell my work as i work in a gym most of my working week and then brushing and mopping needs done. i dreaded tellong them but theyvhave all been great and very supportive.

miss feb you can take sick leave even if it is cosmetic you just need a sick note from ur surgeon, well thats all my manager wanted when she told me to take another week off!!

i didnt want anyome to know but now i want to tell everyone lol xx

tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by MissFebruary 16th January 2013, 9:04 am

I wasn't allowed it as sick Tink... Taxpayers pay my wages, wouldn't look good for everyone to be off sick so they can have cosmetics done lol. I don't mind. I preferred taking annual anyway as it doesn't look so obvious
Xx
MissFebruary
MissFebruary
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 16th January 2013, 9:09 am

i used annual leave but had none left til march and physically couldnt get to work so manager told me to use sick days. we get 22 paid a year. xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by zebra1984 16th January 2013, 9:33 am

I was told by my HR department I couldn't have it as sick leave because its cosmetic and by choice xx
zebra1984
zebra1984
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 638

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 16th January 2013, 10:17 am

maybe my manager was just being nice we are a small private company only 5 staff and she said I was not looking my best to be sitting at reception Telling work 557141 lol xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CharFaye 16th January 2013, 4:39 pm

I'm my own boss so that was easy! However there's no way I can keep my story straight with all my clients so I had to tell some and told them to keep shush as my dad doesn't know ha xx
CharFaye
CharFaye
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1240

Back to top Go down

Post by mandyjs 16th January 2013, 5:05 pm

I've taken 2 weeks annual leave. Told a few friends at work and not really that bothered if anyone else knows!
M x
mandyjs
mandyjs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 631

Back to top Go down

Post by suzifaye 16th January 2013, 5:21 pm

My surgeon told me not to tell anyone at work and that he'd given me a sick certificate for 2 weeks! So perhaps you could do that? They don't write specifically why you need the time off.

Anyway I'd already told my manager at work and am taking is as annual leave, I'd feel bad going off sick, we have such trouble covering sick leave and it doesn't look good on my part, and then if people guessed why I was off sick, they'd be pretty mad I reckon! She was supportive and told me that I didn't need to tell anyone else at work. But to be honest I'll be back at work after 2 weeks and as I'm a nurse I won't be able to do half the things I usually do, I'm pretty sure I'll have to explain why to my work colleagues.
suzifaye
suzifaye
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasmine Sharpe 16th January 2013, 5:25 pm

I told my manager as I have to do a lot of lifting and stuff he was really nice about it tbh quite interested kept asking question was a tad uncomfortable hah! But I'd rather he was like that than judged me for it :) xx
Jasmine Sharpe
Jasmine Sharpe
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 435

Back to top Go down

Post by vixylyx 16th January 2013, 6:25 pm

As I wanted 3 weeks off to recover I did have to tell my boss I was having an opp, we are only allowed 2 weeks max, anything over has to be requested for in writing. I did say my surgon would give me a sick note but I would rather use annual leave. She realised it was personal and was very suportative she even asked what I was having, but I didn't say. I think she's now the only person In my department who dosnt know and hasn't seen them.
vixylyx
vixylyx
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 127

Back to top Go down

Post by melstar82 16th January 2013, 6:40 pm

I'm having the same dilemma too!

Suzifaye: I'm a nurse too. keep thinking what I should do post op if I go ahead. I have told a couple of people at work and they have said I should just get medical certificate for a couple of weeks and not take annual leave. But like you it is a nightmare with sickness and getting cover. It puts pressure and stress and everyone else and then probably causes people to be off sick! So i'm thinking probably booking 2 weeks annual leave?! I could prob avoid doing the heavy stuff as most people are self caring. If I had any complication etc or people guessed it wouldn't look good. Don't think saying i'm wearing an amazing bra would cut it!!!! haha.

Hmmmmm!?
melstar82
melstar82
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 299

Back to top Go down

Post by mandyjs 16th January 2013, 6:46 pm

Melstar, I'm a nurse as well. I've booked 2 weeks annual leave but should be off almost 3 in total. I work in such a large department as a sister so the majority of my role is coordinating the department do even though I'll be on my feet walking around all day, there wouldn't be an issue avoiding lifting CPR etc
M
mandyjs
mandyjs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 631

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next