Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

uplift, BA and areola reduction

+9
v1kk1m
Loobs
mrsball
marley1973
Fairycatcher
kay
5stonedown
COOKIE
Sjelly
13 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

uplift, BA and areola reduction - Page 3 Empty Re: uplift, BA and areola reduction

Post by Sjelly 21st April 2013, 7:08 pm

I had no idea it was my right to get a referral. Really appreciate all the support & thank you so much. I will be making an appointment with the GP again - a different one this time! Will carry on booking appointments too. I'm hoping it can be done in one procedure... Maybe i'm being too hopeful, but it's worth getting more opinions I'm sure xx
Sjelly
Sjelly
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 83

Back to top Go down

uplift, BA and areola reduction - Page 3 Empty Re: uplift, BA and areola reduction

Post by 5stonedown 21st April 2013, 8:19 pm

Good luck honey xxx
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by Loobs 23rd April 2013, 11:24 am

Thats terrible that your Dr didnt refer you!
When I went to my first appointment, my surgeon said that ideally, they would have preferred to do the procedure in two seperate ops, first the uplift, areola reshape - then the implant, but it would have cost close to 10K which we both agreed wasnt acceptable and the procedure had to be done all in one go.
I really hope you get something sorted x
Loobs
Loobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by Sjelly 24th April 2013, 5:53 pm

Thanks both.

Begining to lose hope. I've had another consultation today and this surgeon who does a lot of uplift work also said I should get it done on the NHS and that he won't take me on because of this. He told me to go through the NHS again and he will take me on if I get a rejection letter. He said it would be two operations as well.

I didn't realise my breasts were so severe and challenging. sad smile

Oh, and I contacted my GP yesterday, she said she will get back to me in a few days to see what she can do in terms of getting me a consultation with a surgeon. I'm so confused. I don't know what I'm supposed to do if the surgeons see me as too much work, but the NHS funding for BA's in my area is only for reconstruction for cancer patients.

Sjelly
Sjelly
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th April 2013, 6:09 pm

From what you're being told from the surgeons babe your breasts actually need 'reconstruction' along with an augmentation. The reason you 'must' have more than one surgery which normally can be done in one operation (studies have proven this to be safe and uncomplicated) is because they can't actually augment your breasts babe until they've been reconstructed to enable an augmentation.

When someone has such a severe disfigurement (I'm sorry if that sounds bad babe but this is how it would be described Hug ) you should have as much of a chance of having surgery as anyone else with a sever disfigurement such as cancer patients.

Do stress on the reconstruction when you see your GP. As I've said previously, if you can letters of support from the two surgeons you've seen which I can't see them minding doing for you seeing as they have placed so much emphasis on your need hun this will help support your referral too. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sjelly 24th April 2013, 10:45 pm

I do appreciate all the advice and support you've given me Hug I'm aware it's a deformity, but It doesn't seem to be enough as far as the NHS is concerned, but I will try again.

I've asked for letters from both, so I hope it will have some sort of impact. I'll call up my gp again tomorrow to see whats happened so far. I just want a surgeon that will happily take me on if that's not successful. fingers crossed
Sjelly
Sjelly
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 25th April 2013, 12:09 am

You'll find a surgeon babe. But it does sound like you'd need a very skilled one - Stephen McCulley seems your most likely babe. Definitely worth a consultation with if things don't go well through the NHS which of course I hope they do xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sjelly 26th April 2013, 6:36 pm

I'm definitely looking to book a consultation with him in the next couple of weeks, bit busy at the moment. My GP is trying to get in touch with the person responsible for the funds to see what to do next because she doesn't want to refer me to a plastic surgeon and it not going anywhere.... bit confused as I don't know what that would do, but I should hear back on Tuesday and if it's not going in the right direction, I'm going to book a few more consultations for May.
Sjelly
Sjelly
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by halo 29th April 2013, 6:42 pm

Hope all goes well hunni, i am having this very op and i am actually nervous now cos he isnt bapps only gmc registered uplift, BA and areola reduction - Page 3 2829330259
halo
halo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 748

Back to top Go down

Post by Loobs 2nd May 2013, 1:08 pm

Hey,
Did you hear back from your Dr? x
Loobs
Loobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by Sjelly 2nd May 2013, 2:08 pm

Good luck, Halo. Hope it goes well. I'm sure there is nothing to worry about if he has good reviews and you are comfortable with him. Let me know how you get on!

Loobs, I spoke to my GP the other day, she said she hasn't received any letters, but she spoke to the woman in charge for the funding and she said once they receive the letters from the surgeons, they will look back at the photo's if they're still there from 2011 and then see if I can get a referral to see a plastic surgeon. If not, I will need new photos taken then look into a referral... All I know is that the letters have been sent and my GP will be in again on Tuesday to contact me.

Sjelly
Sjelly
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by halo 2nd May 2013, 8:10 pm

Went well decided on implants and sizes to go for and i think we understand eachother now!! uplift, BA and areola reduction - Page 3 3965254117 just can not wait till 6th June now wahooo xx
halo
halo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sjelly 3rd May 2013, 12:56 am

You must be excited. Best of luck! Give You xx
Sjelly
Sjelly
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by halo 3rd May 2013, 9:08 am

Thankyou you too hun! xx
halo
halo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sjelly 10th July 2013, 11:07 am

Just a little update...

I finally got reffered after a lot of chasing up!

Had my consultation today and from what was said, I will be getting it done through the NHS.  Really tough emotionally (cried a little) and was quite embarrassed because of this as you do feel interrogated this way, but it has to be done.

Anyway, He went through the whole procedure with me -which was different to what was previously said by others, but I'm sure he knows best.

All I have to do now is wait for a pre-op appointment, then another appointment for surgery, then another surgery after that and possibly a third.
Sjelly
Sjelly
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th July 2013, 11:09 am

Wishing you luck going down the NHS route hun.

What surgery plan was suggested? Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sjelly 10th July 2013, 11:18 am

Hi Cookie,

Mr McCulley said that the initial operation will be to do an uplift and then transfer some fat from my right breast to the left. He said i may need some fat taken from my bum or thighs to add volume.

Second operation is to put implants behind the muscle - which isn't what I would have gone for if I could do it privately, but he said as I am small (size 8) and my skin is soft and thin, the implants would be too visible  and the skin may not hold the implants nicely. I did say I'm more than willing to put on more weight which he said would help.

Third would be to do any other corrections I guess. No mention of areola reduction though... and mine are pretty big as well as scoring the tissue as was said by ALL surgeons before.

Just wondering if I get any say? or, because it's NHS, it's entirely up to the surgeon?
Sjelly
Sjelly
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th July 2013, 11:24 am

You don't get to choose hun, but you can make suggestions to the surgeon about anything that may concern you... For example, you say you have large areolas, you could say that these are something that upset you about your boobs and would an areola reduction be something they'd consider? The surgeon would then take in the information and then 'tell' you their thoughts on what they will do for you. If its not something they feel needs doing then they won't do it for you. But do talk indepth to your surgeon about anything that bothers you or you feel might be best for you. They can take in the information and either agree or disagree can't they babe, but if they disagree they will give you their reasons why.

Sounds like you have a long journey ahead of you sweetheart and I hope it goes just as 'you' would like it to. Xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sjelly 10th July 2013, 11:38 am

I was seen by a registrar and then by Mr McCulley who had a completely diffferent plan on what would be done.

It was all explained, but I wasn't asked what I thought. I just said thank you and signed the consent form as they wanted me to go off for photographs. I don't think there is another opportunity to speak to the surgeon until the operation date...

Thank you though, Cookie. It is another long journey. I should be very relieved and excited, but it has taken so long. From when I first approached my GP when I was 19/20, to now that I'm 22 and possibly waiting another year or two (from what I've read) to see results... so 23/24.

I just hope it goes as smoothly as possible from now on Smike
Sjelly
Sjelly
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th July 2013, 11:46 am

I'm sure if the only opportunity is to speak with the surgeon on the day this would be possible hun.

Really hoping things start to run faster now babe. From the other girls that have been given the all clear from the surgeon on the NHS it hasn't been long after that they get their surgery date. Fingers crossed this is the same for you too. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sjelly 10th July 2013, 11:55 am

I hope so and thank you! fingers crossed
Sjelly
Sjelly
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 10th July 2013, 1:19 pm

Been really intresting reading your posts! I have slightly tuberous breasts but don't require an uplift. My areolas are also quite puffy but I've decided on recommendations from a few surgeons to have a straight forward BA I'm the chance that the implant will fix it for me, if not I will be having a areola reduction at a later date,
Wish you lots of good luck :) xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Sjelly 10th July 2013, 7:37 pm

Thanks, Jennifer. :ok: I hope it gives people in a similar position some insight at least. I had no idea how complicated mine were to fix though. If it was only one op, I definitely would have been going straight down the private route.

Good luck on your op too and I hope it fixes the tuberous breasts! :giveu:x
Sjelly
Sjelly
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 12th July 2013, 2:31 pm

Thank you :) Its really helpful like I said to see someone not having a straightforward BA... I will let you know how it all goes! My Op is in September but I guess it will be a while until I know if I will need an areola reduction or not so were see :) xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyd14 31st July 2013, 11:49 am

Sjelly wrote:Thank you so much for the helpful advice everyone!

Hi Cookie, it was Aurora clinics that gave me the price. I'm new to this and don't know much about the qualifications and best places to contact so will keep researching, but Dr Adran Richards seems to know a lot about tuberous breasts and has some videos up on youtube, so that's helpful for me as I want to see who has had good results with which surgeon. I haven't really seen this with other clinics! Still want to shop around though :)

5stonedown, congrats on your results! I have just sent an enquiry, so hope I get a reply soon uplift, BA and areola reduction - Page 3 1150991001

Thanks again, all xx
Hi Sjelly, How di u get on with Aurora I have my Consultation with Mr Adrian Richards from Aurora Clinic, tomorrow afternoon, Daisy xx
ladyd14
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next