Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scarring around nipples- micropigmentation

+3
luluthefirst
COOKIE
Vicki0712
7 posters

Go down

Scarring around nipples- micropigmentation  Empty Scarring around nipples- micropigmentation

Post by Vicki0712 6th June 2012, 11:01 am

Hello
I had implants and an areola reduction and lift with transform last September. The scarring around my nipple is messy, patchy and thick in some places, I think it's mostly healed as its white.
I've considered micropigmentation (camouflage tattooing) which seems the best option as I don't want more scarring. I've arranged a consultation with my surgeon on the 28th June, do you think he will send me away as I'm not one year post op? do you think transform would offer any solutions?
Has anyone tried micropigmentation?
Thanks ladies!
Vicki0712
Vicki0712
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Scarring around nipples- micropigmentation  Empty Re: Scarring around nipples- micropigmentation

Post by COOKIE 6th June 2012, 11:16 am

I think your surgeons going to make you wait and request you return at one year post-op lovely. They may possibly suggest you try silicone strips to help flatten the scarring too. Have you tried those?

I too had problems with my areola scarring and had to wait, I was advised to use the silicone strips, I used Cica-care Silicone Gel Sheets which did help a little but sadly my scars were unsalvageable so my surgeon has suggested I now opt for scar revision, whereby the surgeon will cut away all of the old scar tissue and is going to create a hamock inside the breast by using permanant stitches to give better hold, then more stitches again to the outside, which hopefully this time will give me a better result.

I've never tried micropigmentation, but I doubt your surgeon would agree to this as part of your aftercare lovely, but it's always worth asking... you never know!!!

Do ensure when you visit your surgeon that your concerns about your scars are actually noted. Dont be afraid to ask your surgeon to recite back to you what they are writing in your notes and the advice you are being given lovely.

Good luck when you see your surgeon, I do hope all goes well and please let us know how you get on. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Scarring around nipples- micropigmentation  Empty Re: Scarring around nipples- micropigmentation

Post by luluthefirst 6th June 2012, 1:30 pm

Hey hon,
I'd go with what the surgeon recommends, can't you get scars lasered? I'd be really paranoid or any sort of tattoo needle going near my new boobs!!

Also, check that that wouldn't invalidate any aftercare.

xx
luluthefirst
luluthefirst
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 378

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 6th June 2012, 2:32 pm

ive got hypertrophic scars on the topside of my areolas. I didnt find the silicone sheets did much, but i only gave them a couple of months, but theyd flatten when i used them, and then if i took them off, theyd raise again.
I went back to the surgeon and he suggested steroid injections and saod this can be done on the NHS, but i havent been back yet. I might ask in the future. My other scars such as the vertical and horizontal anchor scars and underside of my nipples are barely visible, so its weird that ive scarred like this on the top bit. Must be the weight pulling down
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by ann77 6th June 2012, 4:03 pm

I know that they do sometimes do the micropigmentation tattoo on some ladies that have had cancer and had to have breast reconstruction and lost their nipple. I doubt your surgeon would do it, but you will have to see him to make sure your scars are healed first and get the all clear from him first. A very experienced lady who does this is called karen Betts so maybe google her xx
ann77
ann77
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicki0712 6th June 2012, 5:10 pm

Thanks girls, I think I'll wait and see what my surgeon says then take it from there. In the mean time I'm going to experiment with some false tan, apparently if you use a cotton bud for scarring, leave for 8 hours then apply it to the whole area it blends in quite well. Fingers crossed! Xx
Vicki0712
Vicki0712
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 7th June 2012, 8:15 am

Hey Hun xx

I have awful scarring as well around my areola from two surgical procedures and looked into micropigmentation a while back xx I literally just threw all the paperwork out xx

When I spoke to my PS about it he advised me not to have it done xx he said it would be far to big an area and didn't recommend it all xx

He recommended scar revision if I definitely couldn't live with it, although advised that I leave mine alone for things to settle, so I never took it any further although it may be something I look into again in the future xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by bouncyDD 13th July 2012, 4:01 pm

Just a follow up if anyone actually used the micropigmentation tattoo ing? and was it any good?
xxx Scarring around nipples- micropigmentation  48411
bouncyDD
bouncyDD
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 656

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down