Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Band of Scarring

5 posters

Go down

Band of Scarring Empty Band of Scarring

Post by Ruthie000 17th June 2014, 6:39 pm

Has anyone had or heard of this?

My surgeon has described it as "a small band of scarring at the lateral margin of my left breast incision". It is basically on the incision scar under my left boob when I raise my arm up it creates like a pinched bit of skin which then creates pulled line down my abdomen (about 20cm long). It appeared at about 4/5 weeks post op so showed surgeon at my 6 week check up and he advised to masage it firmly to break down the scarring and has requested I see him again at 12 weeks post op. 

I am now 9 weeks post op and although it has got better as is no longer painful and did seem to go away for a bit it is now still there. My surgeon advised that if it didnt go away on its own then he would have to under a local anaesthetic go in to the incision site to release the scarring.

If anyone had this done, does this mean that there will be more scarring and I will have to wear a dressing and wear sports bras again? My surgeon didnt seem too worried about it an I know its not a major complication but it has been playing on mind. Thanks Ruth x
Ruthie000
Ruthie000
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 88

Back to top Go down

Band of Scarring Empty Re: Band of Scarring

Post by COOKIE 17th June 2014, 6:48 pm

Does what you're describing look like this?

Band of Scarring 28531c0f3aa183fe50e19e6b7714f9f7_zps2fe732f6

If it does, its called Mondors chord. 

Its a VERY common thing that can happen after having a BA and generally isn't anything to be concerned about at all. Massage is the best advise to give as it helps the vein to relax.

I don't know of anyone here who has needed intervention and it is a very common problem, so hopefully if you continue with the massage it will settle down. 

Nice to read your surgeon is monitoring it though and is ready to help if needed. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by rachelw287 17th June 2014, 6:51 pm

I have this, very normal x
rachelw287
rachelw287
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 539

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruthie000 17th June 2014, 8:23 pm

Thank you for the replies and yes it does look like the picture.  Glad to hear that it common and it's nothing to worry about. Will just continue with the massaging and fingers crossed it will go away on its own. x
Ruthie000
Ruthie000
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 17th June 2014, 9:38 pm

I immediately thought mondors chord reading your post. One of the other delights they don't tell you about pre op. I didn't have them, but found out about them from other girls on here. Nothing to worry about and should go away in time.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Ndtw2301 18th June 2014, 8:39 am

Oh my god I have this!!!!!!!!! This is what is causing me pain!!!
Ndtw2301
Ndtw2301
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 18th June 2014, 9:22 am

Yes, they can feel very bruised and tender apparently. If it's too much, take some paracetamol. Do try and massage them to encourage them to go down, but they're perfectly harmless.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruthie000 18th June 2014, 2:10 pm

Ndtw2301 wrote:Oh my god I have this!!!!!!!!! This is what is causing me pain!!!

Mine was painful to start with and my surgeon told me to massage the scar firmly even if it is painful as no pain no gain. However after a 2 weeks of massage the pain went but I still have the odd looking pinch of skin but it doesn't hurt any more. It should go away on its on own hopefully. x
Ruthie000
Ruthie000
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down