Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tamanu oil for scarring?

4 posters

Go down

Tamanu oil for scarring? Empty Tamanu oil for scarring?

Post by Mammamia 5th September 2014, 9:17 pm

Hi ladies, so far I've been using bio oil on my scars since about 8 weeks. Today I saw a fb 'sales pitch' about tamanu oil or balm which is supposed to be good for scarring. Has anyone else heard of it or used it? It's a 'tropic skincare' product and I've never used any of their products before. I'm a little skeptical of any product sold using the ambassador approach but willing to try anything that works!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Tamanu oil for scarring? Empty Re: Tamanu oil for scarring?

Post by COOKIE 5th September 2014, 9:52 pm

I've seen clinics selling products to help with scar healing, along with lots of other means jumping on the BA wagon of vulnerable women hoping for the best results possible and knowing they'd be prepared to pay it.

The truth of the matter mammamia is that it's the 'massage' that's going to help with scar repair, not the things you put on your skin. There is actually nothing that will heal scars.

When massaging your scars you're actually breaking down the scar tissue (you know those bumps you can feel through your scars) firm, circular motions up and down the scar for just 5 minutes, twice a day will do your scars the world of good, if they need anything done for them at all. But if you do want to do the best for them...it's definitely massage.

Now massage is made easier by using an oil, like bio-oil or a moisturiser, or anything that's going to help that circular movement easier. This doesn't have to cost a lot hun. I think you can get an oil VERY similar to bio-oil in the pound shop! Obviously it's not going to be as rich as the original but for what you're needing it for....it'll be just as good.

So I wouldn't waste your money mammamia. I'd personally buy what's needed and save the extra pennies for your nice new bras later. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 5th September 2014, 10:04 pm

For scars, cookie is absolutely right, you just need some sort of lubricant for massage. However, I have tamanu, and I love it. It's a bit stinky, but I used it on my scars and it sloughed the dead skin right off, leaving it so soft. It also came in hugely handy once my arthritis swelling went down and the skin on my feet and ankles started peeling away. I think it's popular in India and/or Caribbean, it's a great skin healer. But for making a difference to scars, just the massage will work.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 6th September 2014, 5:22 am

Great thank you ladies! And thanks also for explaining the massage....I hadn't actually been sure about the best method of doing this so that's great! I think I'll just focus on the massage as currently im just rubbing them with oil for about 10 seconds!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 6th September 2014, 10:28 am

for my ba scars I left mine never done anything to them and they were barely viasble by 4 month

I dont use any oils on my skin as I feel it just clogs it up and gives me spots, let us know how you get on xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down