Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update. 28/03/12

+4
luluthefirst
xaxa
misf1
COOKIE
8 posters

Go down

Update. 28/03/12 Empty Update. 28/03/12

Post by COOKIE 28th March 2012, 10:24 pm

Hi ladies Update. 28/03/12 399357 It's been quite some time since I've been around and I've seriously missed this place! I've just been so ill and not myself at all, but I'm not here to go on about that.... I just thought I'd update you with my progress of my 'ongoing' surgery lol (will this ever stop!)

Tomorrow I'm back at Transform, what a time I've had of things just getting an appointment with them! To say they've disappointed me 'again' would be an understatement! My husband has been tryng to arrange an appointment for me since October of last year and each time he called, because Mr Selvaggi no longer practices at Crosby/Manchester anymore they kept saying they'd look at my notes and call back. I know alot of you will be very surprised (NOT) to know the call backs didn't come.

We finally after sending a written letter of complaint have managed to secure an appointment for tomorrow, not sure who I'm seeing yet, but just to update, the scarring on my right breast is quite severe, Mr Selvaggi was aware of this and has worked with me to try and get better results from the scarring but to no avail, the last time I saw Mr Selvaggi he told me if the scarring was no better by November, which it wasn't, then he'd do scar revision for me and there lies why Transform may not have called me back..... sighhhhhhhh.......

I'm in no doubt the scar is in need of revision and neither was Mr Selvaggi, I even showed one our surgeons here my pics too who was in no doubt that revision was necessary too, so I'm prepared for a battle with Transform, I've been there before and I'm not shy of doing it again!

I'm really hoping tomorrows appointment goes smoothly though and Transform will take care of me and set things straight without a hitch.

The only thing I'm concerned about right now is the amount of meds I'm taking, I'm presuming scar revision would be done under local anaesthetic? and I'm hoping this shouldn't be a problem.... If anyones about with any medical experience maybe you could help me out on that one please? worst senario if I need general, which I shouldn't imagine I will, but I gotta cover all bases, will this be OK with meds such as morphine? diazapam? temazapam? lots more but I think those are the kinds that slow your heart rate.

Bjg HUGS to all you ladies! Mmmmmmmmmmwah! xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Update. 28/03/12 Empty Re: Update. 28/03/12

Post by misf1 28th March 2012, 10:31 pm

ah hun, lovely to see you here again, missed you so much. I've no medical knowledge maybe ask one of the surgeons, john or john, as James is taking a break for a while. Sorry to hear things aren't so straight forward with Transform, I was very surprised at reading that (NOT). Lots and lots of best wishes and good luck for tomorrow hun, let us know how it goes.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th March 2012, 10:41 pm

Thanks misf1 Update. 28/03/12 571992

The surgeons are probably well tucked up in bed by now lol so I may as well wait till tomorrow and get my answers then, if they say no then I'll ask the durgeons here then just incase I'm again getting the runaround Rolling Eyes

Sad to read James is taking a break, he was so good to me and I really appreciated all he did for me, but he donated a heck of a lot of his valuable time here and gave swift responses to whoever needed him so I'm not surprised he needed the break, I presume he has his clinic up and running now too, so he must be very busy now indeed and good luck to him, he deserves lots of success, he's a very caring man. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 28th March 2012, 11:06 pm

True hun, I forget the time lol. Hope you get your answers tomorrow. It's sad we're missing James for a bit, he's a lovely man and very missed. But he is so busy he just couldn't put the time in that he wanted to. It's lovely to see you back hun, even though the circumstances I wish were better and you weren't facing another fight with Transform Update. 28/03/12 808228
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th March 2012, 11:11 pm

misf1 wrote: It's lovely to see you back hun, even though the circumstances I wish were better and you weren't facing another fight with Transform Update. 28/03/12 808228

LOL me too! Just keep ya fingers crossed for me that tomorrow goes smoothly, 'cos after the time of things I've had of late I may unleash all my built up frustration out of this surgeon! Gawwwwwwwwwwd help him! Update. 28/03/12 557141
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xaxa 29th March 2012, 2:10 pm

Welcome back cookie!!! I hope that the scar revision surgery goes smoothly and that it will pass as soon as possible. If I were you, I would let them know on which medications you are on right now so that they won't give you anything that counter-reacts with them. Good luck Update. 28/03/12 48411
xaxa
xaxa
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1254

Back to top Go down

Post by luluthefirst 29th March 2012, 2:24 pm

Hey hon,

That's rubish that you need extra work.

They should be able to do a scar revision under local as they can do full BA under local - depends on the surgeon.

But if you're worried about your heart they will need a good anaesthetist as even local anaesthetic, once it's absorbed into your blood stream, slows your heart down

x
luluthefirst
luluthefirst
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 378

Back to top Go down

Post by tracy2010 29th March 2012, 2:58 pm

Good Luck tomorrow xxx
tracy2010
tracy2010
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 29th March 2012, 4:07 pm

Cookie Update. 28/03/12 399357 it's great to hear from you hunniUpdate. 28/03/12 571992

No surprises from transform then. I hope the appointment has gone well today hun do let us know how you've got on.

xxxxx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 29th March 2012, 11:10 pm

So sorry to have missed all this cooks, have been absent for quite some time now. If you need to chat or anything, you know were I am. Big cuddles for you darling xxx
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th March 2012, 11:08 am

xaxa wrote:Welcome back cookie!!! I hope that the scar revision surgery goes smoothly and that it will pass as soon as possible. If I were you, I would let them know on which medications you are on right now so that they won't give you anything that counter-reacts with them. Good luck Update. 28/03/12 48411

Thanks xaxa, my health for me will always come first so I did discuss all medication with the surgeon as you're right, I wouldn't want anything to happen on the table should I not tell them anything. xx

luluthefirst wrote:Hey hon,

That's rubish that you need extra work.

They should be able to do a scar revision under local as they can do full BA under local - depends on the surgeon.

But if you're worried about your heart they will need a good anaesthetist as even local anaesthetic, once it's absorbed into your blood stream, slows your heart down

x

Hi luluthefirst. Unfortunately, due to the amount of work required (it's always the same story for me Rolling Eyes ) local anaethetic is not an option, so I have to have my notes referred to my GP now for approval.

tracy2010 wrote:Good Luck tomorrow xxx

Thats very kind of you Tracey, thank you. xxxx

alfie wrote:Cookie Update. 28/03/12 399357 it's great to hear from you hunniUpdate. 28/03/12 571992

No surprises from transform then. I hope the appointment has gone well today hun do let us know how you've got on.

xxxxx

Hey gorgeous! I'm happy to say the consultation did go well, I just have to wait and see if GP thinks I'm well enough to withstand the surgery now. xx

NurseSophie89 wrote:So sorry to have missed all this cooks, have been absent for quite some time now. If you need to chat or anything, you know were I am. Big cuddles for you darling xxx

You're such a darling Sophie, Thank you Update. 28/03/12 571992

I saw a surgeon called Mr Presico, he was so lovely, ensuring I was OK and even had coffee brought in for hubby and me! haha.

He took a look at the scarring and agreed they needed to be fixed, although I was only deeply concerned about the right areola, he said he would like to do both and get rid of a slight puckering to the top of the left also and then to ensure they were properly aligned after.

I asked if I could have a local anaesthetic for the procedure and he declined, he said for the amount of work needed he would have to rush under local, but he wanted to do his best for me bless him therefore insisting I have a general.

The left areola should be pretty simple, but the right needs over an inch of skin removing and then bringing together, but he's concerned that just stitching me up won't be enough to hold so he also wants to sucture to the inside of the areola too to give them additional support so that hopefully I don't suffer the same scarring again.

Due to the amount of meds I'm on it's not that simple, as Transform don't have and intensive care unit, they will only press on with patients fit for surgery, so I had two massive stickers slapped onto my file to 'refer to GP'...

I'm doubting this will go ahead right now, Mr persico is away for 2 weeks and said if I get the OK, I can have the surgery when I want, but I doubt my GP will allow it... for now anyway.

But even if I get a no, I'm going to go back to see Mr Persico as it may be a no now, but if things improve, I will want the surgery done and as my after-care policy runs out in November I want it in writing that as the revision needed was dated from now that I will be able to have the surgery should things improve even if that is beyond the existance of after care, because when the problem arose, which was from the beginning of my surgery I was well withing my after-care and all suggestions from the surgeon and my compliance with everything suggested was documented.

....... I'm not holding my breath to them allowing for that though LOL.

Gonna copy this to my diary now as it acts a good reference for me in there. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 30th March 2012, 9:31 pm

Sounds like your PS is a stand up gent cookie! Glad to hear he sounds so good. Hoping all goes well with GP and your fit enough for surg. If not, Hopefully transform wont be difficult about it, because as you say, this happened while you were still within your cover. Crossing all my bits for you xx
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 31st March 2012, 5:56 am

Thanks chick Update. 28/03/12 571992

I scanned the web searching for reviews on Mr Persico and all seemed pretty good, so I'm happy with the surgeon choice, just gotta get that all clear now! Rolling Eyes
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 31st March 2012, 11:03 am

OMG!!!!!!!! COOKIE!!!! Hug Stars yipee Welcome home gorgeous lady xx

I missed you soooooooooooooooooooooooo much xx

Got loads to catch up on with you but am literally just running out the door xx

Just wanted to say A massive hello xx Will catch up later today or tomorrow hun xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 1st April 2012, 9:13 am

Awwww Kay REALLY missed you too Update. 28/03/12 571992

PM me when you get the time gorgeous, a good catch up will be fab! Gonna have a search to see how you got on with your surgery now chick!

Luv ya! and don't forget that PM! Update. 28/03/12 899188
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 1st April 2012, 2:22 pm

PM'd you gorgeous xx Hug
kay