Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March buddies

+25
curly_s31
suzi73
Chynna-doll
sparkyleeds
angellauren
izzyb
dizzydi66
Flourella
Salmac
MozElle83
rosierans123
nat4andy
luluthefirst
Katyox
wonie
FLOWER11
Trisha.28
hlt67
starjem
EmmaArden
barbiegirl
xaxa
Nepoly
roxanne
misf1
29 posters

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Go down

March buddies - Page 2 Empty Re: March buddies

Post by roxanne 7th February 2012, 9:24 am

True, though I don't know how much I can be bothered with buying and returning bras after surgery with the kids, and DH being away a few days ten days post op. We'll see. The 32d sports bra definately fit with the 210cc, but if I choose 240cc that will likely push me up to 32dd. I also have to account for the swelling, but Withey doesn't usually want us wearing bras the first week post op, so initial swelling may well have time to go down. Anyway, I'm seeing him again Thursday, I'll ask. xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepoly 7th February 2012, 11:37 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean Roxanne....I'm rubbish at returning things!

Will this be your 2nd consultation or 3rd or Pre-op??

Nepoly

xx
Nepoly
Nepoly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 500

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 7th February 2012, 11:52 pm

My pcc told me I wouldn't have a preop, were you told you would have one then? This is my third consultation. I was meant to have two, but Withey wanted to see me again, despite the fact the we had a phone consultation after the two first ones. So if you look at it this way, it's kind of my fourth Shocked It's down to my indecision on having only an uplift or an uplift with implants, and making sure we get the right size and profile to acheive my desired result. xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepoly 8th February 2012, 6:27 am

Erm, as far as I know I dont have to go back down again until *the day* dum dum ddddduuuummmmm!!! How fantastic that you are being looked after so well! Have you decided what you'll do yet? I dont know what I'd do if I was you...? Xxx
Nepoly
Nepoly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 8th February 2012, 8:32 am

He's been brillaint so far, and has answered all my concerns. It's really nice that he listens and communicates so well.
I've decided to go for the vertical mastopexy (lollipop lift) and small round implants to go up a size, two the most. Also, I prefer overs because I'm quite muscular, and mods for a more natural slope. Out of all the possible options, this is the one for me. It's just taken me a while to decide whether the extra volume I desire is worth the lifetime commitment and extra risks, this was the only reason I was going for a lift only, I'm keeping my fingers crossed xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepoly 8th February 2012, 10:20 pm

Hi Roxanne x

Glad to hear that you have made your mind up! Fingers crossed indeed that it works out for you....I guess that if you don't have the BA at the same time there may be a little part of you always wondering 'what if'???

Nepoly

xxxx
Nepoly
Nepoly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 9th February 2012, 12:08 am

Due to my indecision, Withey had originally recommended that I have an uplift first. Then if I'm still not happy, go with the augmentation later. But that involves two surgeries, I can barely afford one, and an uplift is more pricey to begin with anyhow Shocked

DH asked me this morning if I was going ahead with the BA as well. He has the same concerns as me, and got a bit nervous last week, and said perhaps I should just go with the uplift. He's a big booby man, but he did fall in love with my boobs when I met him, even though I was never big, but then again they were so very pretty back then March buddies - Page 2 199385

All the BAs that I like from pre op perky boobs. I really hope I can get the results that I want, hopefully I'll be able to due to getting the uplift, my natural breasts before children were perky. I need to show him some pics tomorrow, I only showed him an uplift one first time around, and that's all he showed me of his too. Since then, other Withey girls have shown me their lovely pics online, but they were all a couple of cup sizes smaller than me to start. xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmaArden 9th February 2012, 1:04 pm

Hi Roxane

It's great that you're finally making your kind up about what you want I was getting a bit distressed about this about a weeks ago but it's all settled now I think everything is going to be fine!

And barbiegirl I have had two dreams and they both went wrong, I has symastia in one that went really weird and horrible and just another horrible thing going wrong in the other one! I hope this isn't fate telling me it's going to go wrong!!

And how exactly do we prepare for a boob job? Like why get a v shaped pillow? Anyone getting arnica? And as for bras? What do we do xxx
EmmaArden
EmmaArden
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 191

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 9th February 2012, 10:41 pm

My consultation went so well today, it took us a while, but decisions have been made! I prefer a natural perky look, but I don't want unders or anatomicals for my own reasons which rules out the best ways of acheiving the look I like. So we both agreed and confirmed that modest sized overs in moderate profile with a vertical uplift is most certainly the best option to acheive the look I want given the limitations. I feel I can relax now, well sort of, lol! He's glad I brought pictures of boobjobs I like with me, that way we know for sure we're on the same page, and my expecations are realistic. He's ordering the 210 and 240cc, we agreed 180 is that bit too small for me. I told him it's up to him which size to choose during the op, we'll go with the 240, but if he feels I'll get better results with the 210 instead he'll go with those. So I won't know util after I've had my op, which is fine with me.

EmmaArden, the weird dreams are normal, many of us get these, I guess it's our way of coping with the stress of it all. Let's face it we're excited, but I'm sure most of us are nervous as well, I know I am.

The v shaped pillow will help you sleep more upright after your op. Arnica is meant to help with healing and bruising, though I haven't looked into it in detail, and would like to look at the proven scientific facts, not just anectodal evidence, I can be rather sceptical by nature. I plan on taking vitamin e to help the healing, though not before, during or straight after the op, because it's a blood thinner, not good when you're having surgery (same with ibuprofen, stop taking these two weeks before surgery the latest and switch to paracetemol if you have a headache). My PS doesn't want us wearing a bra the first week, I can start to wear one after my first week check. You're best asking you PS, they all have their own way of doing things. xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hlt67 10th February 2012, 7:20 pm

OMG!!! I've finally booked my op. Thursday 29 March. I wanted earlier but after mentioning I'm on antibiotics and steroids for a week because of a chest infection I have to wait six weeks.

I have pre-op etc, trying the implants for sizing etc. So what do I do to prepare for this op and what do I buy? xx
hlt67
hlt67
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 734

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 10th February 2012, 8:37 pm

Yay, welcome to the March club! I must say part of me was feeling left out March buddies - Page 2 751387 . I was one of the first to book, but I have the latest date :(. I still have the latest date, but atleast you're just a day before me, looks like we'll be in this together! On the bright side you've got time to prepare.

There are lots of very happy ladies on here who had Hassan, sounds like you're in good hands!

There's a list of things to buy somewhere on this site. A v pillow may help you sleep upright, you can just get a cheap one from Argos or something. I have an old cheap one that I bought before my daughter was born to help with the breastfeeding. I'm glad I didn't buy an expensive one, we didn't need it long, since we found other more comfortables way to breastfeed instead, same with my son. But I'm glad we didn't get rid of it, I only stumbled across it last week when I was having a clearout. My PS doesn't want us wearing bras the first week, but your PS may want you to wear one from the start, they all have their own ways of doing things. But I figure either way, I'll buy a Macom bra so atleast I know it should fit me either way, and worry about the sized ones after I've seen him one week post op. I also plan on staying away from alcohol before my op, not that I'm drinking much atm anyway, and exercising regularly, it'll be hard to stay away from it after.

So do you know yet what size, placement, shape and profile you're having yet? If not, you have another consultation? I haven't got a pre-op, sorry if I'm confused. xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 10th February 2012, 8:39 pm

Here you go, I don't know if you've read these yet:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hlt67 10th February 2012, 8:57 pm

oooo so excited right now but I know I'm going to go through different emotions.

I already have a v pillow which I've had since having my little one and still use it at times. Love it!!

I have my pre-op booked for next Thursday. I'll be seeing the nurse and trying the sizes. I told Mr Hassan I wanted to look a DD so he's measured me etc and recommended 520cc/560cc. Sounds huge but my pcc said the next woman could want the same look and only need a smaller implant. When I think of the size I'm crapping myself cos I don't want to look too big. I'm having Natrelle implants and these will be overs.

I don't drink, well the odd occasion so that doesn't bother me. I was going to book earlier in March but I'm on antibiotics at the moment so I've been told I have to wait 6 weeks to have op GRRR! lol

If I feel that the 520cc/560cc look too big I'll ask to see Mr Hassan again but I trust him, he's the expert. He did say that the implants don't look as big once in.

How are you feeling right now? It'll be nice to have someone to speak to leading upto the op xx
hlt67
hlt67
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 10th February 2012, 9:41 pm

Oh I get it, you know the sizes already, so you haven't tried them yet? are they round? Judging from the size you've been recommended, I take it you're getting high profile? You'll see there's very little difference when you look at the two different implants. I tried the 210 back in December, they were perfect. But I keep hearing that it's not a bad idea going for the one size bigger than the one you were happiest in when trying them. That would compensate for what Hassan said about them not looking as big once in. Withey showed me the 240 yesterday, I held both in my hands, the difference looked so small I didn't even bother to try the 240 on. I told him that I would leave it up to him during the op. So we agreed 240, but if he feels 210 is better on the day, then so be it.

I get the impression that Hassan likes big boobs, lol! But he wouldn't give you more than you can handle. We choose our surgeons based on the fact that they're the ones we trust to give us the results we want, so best to go with their advice.

Damn antibiotics!!! I take it you'll have to take more after you're BA as well. I bought some probiotic acidophilus capsules yesterday when my PS confirmed that I would be taking antibiotics post op.

I'm both really excited and really nervous, I guess it's normal. But I'm also feeling impatient. I really wanted early to mid March, but I couldn't get these dates. I had been given March 23 which was already later than I wanted, then pcc phoned me following week to change date and book March 30. I wasn't happy about it, but that's just the way it is. It'll be nice to speak to you, with a day difference we'll be going through it at the same time. xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hlt67 10th February 2012, 9:54 pm

Sorry yes round and high profile because I want the fullness. I'm trying the implants for sizing on Thursday as we didn't have time at the last consulation as Mr Hassan was behind with his appointments.

Yes I've heard Mr Hassan likes big boobs. He did say the size he's recommended will give me the look I want. He measured everything he could then looked in his little book and said this size lol. I spoke to a friend of mine who had hers done a few years back, she had no boobs at all so had to go under the muscle and is now I think a C. I told her what I'm thinking of having and she was so negative saying that they'll look stupid on my frame. Really hacked me off so I cut the conversation short lol.

What are the probiotic acidophilus capsules for? Should I get some?

What size do you want to look? cos that's what I was asked xx
hlt67
hlt67
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 10th February 2012, 10:14 pm

The probiotic acidohpilus is friendly bacteria so it helps your gut. Antibiotics don't discriminate between good and bad bacteria, so I take these to counteract the antibiotics' side effects of killing the good bacteria, I've been prone to yeast infections in the past, so this helps prevent them when I'm on antibiotics.

Don't let your friend get you down. We don't all want the same results, and just because she wanted a smaller look, it doens't mean it's better or worse. It would be boring if we all wanted the same thing, and we're all different.

I'm currently a small c, but I look more like a b even though b bras are too small for me. Also, I'm saggy so getting a vertical lift. I'd like to look a full c/ small d. What size do you want to look?
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hlt67 10th February 2012, 11:05 pm

I want to look a DD. My daughter is a DD and she's a lovely size. She's 20 and she's just told me she's booked a week off work to help me with my little one after the op bless her.

I'm an empty C, a B cup are too small for me. I just want my boobs looking full again, is that too much to ask lol. Mr Hassan did say I may need a 1cm crescent on one boobs but after thinking about it and the cost I'm giving it a miss, £600 for 1cm, I won't be showing my boobs off to anyone and I doubt 1cm will make much difference xx
hlt67
hlt67
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 11th February 2012, 12:54 am

Asking to be fuller most certainly isn't too much to ask for. Pregnancies sure can have a way of changing breasts.

Is your daughter natural? If she is, she's a lucky girl! That's so nice of her to take care of you. What will you tell your little one? I'm still trying to figure out what to tell my five year old, she's very bright and asks a lot of questions. Your little girl is adorable btw!

£600 sounds like a lot for a crescent lift. Don't get me wrong, I'm paying more than that for my lift, but it involves a lot more external and internal work. It comes down to what results you want, and what's most important as far the the look you want to acheive. I think with larger implants you're able to get away with more. If I didn't get a lift with my smaller implants I imagine I'd get the rock in a sock look Shocked. Both surgeons I saw said I could get away with a donut lift, but to really acheive the look I'm going for I'd need a lollipop lift.
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hlt67 11th February 2012, 7:33 am

My daughter is a natural DD and I so envy her lol. She has a stunning figure. When I sarted talking to her about me having my boobs done she asked why and after I explained she was fine about it. She said she'd like her doing a little bigger so I told her to wait until she's had babies then think about it. I text her yesterday after I had booked my op to let her know when it is, she called me to say I she's booked a week off work to help me.

My little one is adorable but boy can she be a madam. I don't know what I am going to tell her yet. I know what she's like, if I say mummy's had new boobs she'll go round telling everyone even more so if I say it's a secret lol.

I will speak to my pcc on Thursday when I see her to double check the price of the crescent lift, but that's what she wrote on my papers here.
hlt67
hlt67
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepoly 15th February 2012, 10:48 am

Woo Hoo!!!!! I've broken the 'month' and am now counting down in days!!!!

Although, not sure what I am 'woo hooing' about....it is all still a bit scary and not real to be honest!!

I've told a couple of friends but that's it - I've still to decide what to tell my clients (as I am self employed and never have time off unless going abroad!!)....my Mother In Law helps out loads and so I think I am going to have to fabricate a story about me doing my back in as the boys are bound to tell her that I am in bed 'poorly'!!! I'm not very good at fibbing either!!

Oh well!! Best get Macom shopping really I guess!!!

xxx
Nepoly
Nepoly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by xaxa 15th February 2012, 12:36 pm

Hi Nepoly, congrats now you are counting down the days!!! March buddies - Page 2 727935
Where are you buying your macom from, can you suggest a good website? The ones I like from the macom official website are all sold out.
xaxa
xaxa
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1254

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepoly 15th February 2012, 10:29 pm

Tee hee xaxa......in 2 days..... You'll be counting down in days too!!

Oh rubbish! Was planning on buying from the macom site.... Dunno where else to get them from... Will have a scout around and let you know!! Typical me...leave everything to the last minute!!!!

Xxx
Nepoly
Nepoly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by xaxa 16th February 2012, 7:52 am

Good morning Nepoly! Today I started my "one month countdown" sooooo I changed my avatar March buddies - Page 2 199385 Lol look at us getting all excited already, imagine how we will be 1 week before surgery!!!

I looked for macom on ebay and ioffer but didn't find anything. You're in UK so if you buy the macom from the official website, your shipping costs will be cheaper than mine and you can enter the code "mybreast" and get a further 15% discount. Instead of entering "macom" when you search on ebay, try entering "surgical bra" or "compression bra" and you will find more options.

In the end I don't think I will buy it because the surgeon already told me that the hospital will provide me with a garment so I don't really need it. Then once he takes off the garment I will wear a common nike sports bra (which he approved). There are plenty of nice sports bras on ioffer.com, have a look!
xaxa
xaxa
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepoly 16th February 2012, 10:06 pm

Good Evening xaxa!

1 month today!!!!March buddies - Page 2 727935 tomorrow you will be counting down the days!!March buddies - Page 2 154564

OK, as you have changed your avatar, maybe I should put a picture up too....I just hate my chest so much I don't think I could bear being linked to it!!!March buddies - Page 2 683465

I can't imagine what I will be like a week beforehand other than running around like a headless chicken getting everything sorted before I am out of action!!! Although part of me is looking forward to not being able to do much and having to just chill out for a few days!! The lengths we'll go to eh??March buddies - Page 2 267328

Hmmmm....never heard of ioffer...will take a look at that then! And will also get my Macom ordered.......but that is all a bit scary and real!!! ha ha!!

lotsa love

Nepoly

xxxxx
Nepoly
Nepoly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by xaxa 17th February 2012, 7:44 am

Hi Nepoly, I'm on 28 days now weeehaaa!!! March buddies - Page 2 43418
It would be nice to see a picture of you pre-op, come on... courage!! This thread will convince you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
xaxa
xaxa
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next