Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How scared were you?

+12
sparkyleeds
starjem
misf1
steph999
Crystal
TSmith
AmyD
Jojo6
momojack
nikitaw86
FLOWER11
angellauren
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How scared were you? Empty How scared were you?

Post by angellauren 17th January 2012, 9:42 pm

Again, sorry if there has been one of these topics already!

How scared were you prior to your surgery or how scared are you if it's getting close now?

I know some people are just so excited that they don't get nervous at all!

I keep going through phases, if I get the result I want then it just makes me so happy to think about how much more happier I'll be in my own skin but at the same time I've basically convinced myself I'm not even going to wake up after surgery, I keep crying about saying goodbye to my Mum and boyfriend and things and what if I never see them again? I also have started having really bad dreams, the past 4 nights straight I've had nightmares about surgery and I'll just randomly start crying because I'm petrified of there being complications or anything, I know worrying isn't going to help but I can't help myself!

Anyone else the same? How do you deal with it? I don't think it helps I've not had surgery before (well, I had an op on my eye when I was 18 months old but don't remember a thing) so have nothing to compare this to.

So, so nervous now!

I don't know where I'm going to find the balls to walk down to theatre and sit on that table and remain in a relatively sane state How scared were you? 557141
angellauren
angellauren
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 224

Back to top Go down

How scared were you? Empty Re: How scared were you?

Post by angellauren 17th January 2012, 9:44 pm

Or even worse, I hate the outcome! I'll be so scared about looking down! Eek!
angellauren
angellauren
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by FLOWER11 17th January 2012, 9:55 pm

Doll from 1-10 10 being freaked the hell out!! i was a 10plus I also had nightmares ones I has a nightmare and that the doc gave me 3 boobs...another night that I woke up with boobs but that my doctor also had surgercially shaved my toes to make my feet size smaller...I don't know it was so weird and scary!! I totally feel u on the not waking up I kept on thinking what if i'm that 1% that doesn't wake up I have a daughter that needs me.....But the day of I had my friend w me and just tried to focus on something else so I walked around the waiting room listeng to my ipod then I started talking tons just about other random stuff...regarless I was freakd out!! I tried not to get there too early so I wouldn't go crazy!! I got thr it n doll in a month I'm doing it again and this time around I'm way more freakd out!! OOoppss sorry if this didn't help ur nerves!!

Try to think of all the bras n clothes u will now be able to wear!! My boobs have helped me w my selfesteem n just the way i feel from the inside out!! Best of luck Doll!! U can do it!! let's stay in the positive!
FLOWER11
FLOWER11
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 655

Back to top Go down

Post by nikitaw86 17th January 2012, 9:57 pm

I was for want of a better phrase cacking myself before my big day had nightmares about my arms being seen to my side, standing up and implant falling out just ridiculous stuff! My day however was soooooo relaxed I wanna do it all again xxx
nikitaw86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1685

Back to top Go down

Post by momojack 17th January 2012, 9:59 pm

I dont know from personal experience, but from what i have read on the forum the nightmares/nerves are quite normal..

I havent booked my BA yet and am almost too nervous to even go to a consult..have postponed mine once already (hate the thought of even going in and taking my bra off!) How scared were you? 869500 Im sure i will be a wreck too by the time i get to surgery!! xx

Im sure it will all be fine and hopefully it will be the best thing you have ever done like the other girls have said! xx How scared were you? 571992
momojack
momojack
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 451

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojo6 17th January 2012, 10:00 pm

Oh huni. I was pooping it! I'd never been into hospital before and never had a GA. I was so so nervous. But I kept telling myself that people have this procedure every day of the week and it is such a minor procedure really. This procedure can even be done whilst awake so if there is any problem then they could just bring you out! you are so well looked after too.

In the run up to the op it was all I could think of. I had the dreams too! But I can honestly say it was so straightforward and easy. Walking to theatre my legs were like jelly, but they all helped to calm me down and they put you to sleep so quickly. The next thing you know you are awake with these amazing boobs!

You will be fine Hun, try not to worry too much. It really is a great experience xxx
Jojo6
Jojo6
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1214

Back to top Go down

Post by angellauren 17th January 2012, 10:00 pm

I'm having some really weird dreams too, lol! Last night I had surgery, woke up in no pain - thought "great" looked down and I looked exactly the same as before surgery and my surgeon kept telling me that was the size I'd asked for and I begged for him to re-operate but I couldn't afford it! Talk about doubting my decision!
I've dreamt I've woken up during surgery too and all sorts of other horrible stuff, I wonder what will be in store for me tonight!

I feel sort of selfish too? My Mum is lending me most of the money towards my surgery and IF anything did happen she said she'd never forgive herself and it upsets me so much knowing how messed up she would be if I didn't make it through, I guess that's my biggest worry right now, I love her to bits!
angellauren
angellauren
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyD 17th January 2012, 10:02 pm

hey sweet. You have to keep in mind the reasons why you wanted this done. Nerves are normal, just remember there are risks to everything. When i had a wobbly few moments, someone on here said to me, 'there are risks everytime you cross the road. Its far more likely you'll reach your destination. Stop thinking you'll be the one who is hit by a car'

i'm sure they wouldn't even consider you for surgery if they were worried about your safety. Remember, they do this op EVERY DAY. This is routine to them. Which company are you with? Which surgeon? I just kept focusing on how my new boobs would fill me with confidence, and how i would feel like a woman again. Everytime i thought something negative, i would consciously replace it with a positive thought.

I'm confident that you'll wake up from ur anaesthetic, look down at your new boobs and grin from ear to ear. This has changed my life so much, i'm so much happier, i would do it again tomorrow.

Best of luck hun, now get some sleep, think positive thoughts and enjoy ur booby journey!!! We're all here to support you, and before you know it we'll be sending our congratulations messages to you Hug

xxxxxxxxx
AmyD
AmyD
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2138

Back to top Go down

Post by nikitaw86 17th January 2012, 10:03 pm

You'll be fine hun promise it is a simple procedure thats done a massive amount of times each day by surgeons xx
nikitaw86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1685

Back to top Go down

Post by angellauren 17th January 2012, 10:04 pm

momojack, my surgeon was the first person to see my boobs in my entire life and funnily enough I just went in and wacked it off with no hesitation, I think it makes all the difference when that's the person who is going to help you out! Bearing in mind I've been in an 18 month relationship and am now 7 months in to another and he claims he wants to spend the rest of his life with me, talk about a very patient little man I have?!?!
angellauren
angellauren
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyD 17th January 2012, 10:04 pm

your mum wants you to be happy, think about how great she's going to feel when she sees her daughter with a big smile on her face, enjoying life..... because that is what will happen!!! xxx :flowers:
AmyD
AmyD
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by angellauren 17th January 2012, 10:06 pm

AmyD, I'm doing it through the Nuffield - I know of a few people who have had operations with them, not plastic surgery but nevertheless they've been really well looked after and it's costing me more than what I was quoted at HMG etc so hopefully I'll get my moneys worth!
angellauren
angellauren
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyD 17th January 2012, 10:08 pm

I have heard excellent things about nuffield..... you really shouldn't be worried. Grab yourself a hot chocolate, go and read a book about something completely different for half an hour before you go to bed xxxx
AmyD
AmyD
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TSmith 17th January 2012, 10:28 pm

Wasnt scared one bit!! was just too excited to have amazing boobies to even worry about anything haha.. i was only a little nervous the drive to the hospital but it all went away when i saw my surgeon :)
You're gonna be fine babes! you'll be in good hands..
X
TSmith
TSmith
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1252

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 17th January 2012, 10:57 pm

Hun what you have been feeling is totally normal.

I was terrified about no waking up from the G.A, so much so I actually had the money for my op 5 years earlier but I got myself into such a stae about it I bottled it and spent the money on other stuff and then kicked myself a few months later once I had calmed down and realised what I had done!

So when the chance came around again I couldnt not do it but yes again I was terrified......Its just a fear I have and I always will have and it wasnt easy walking down to the theatre and I even had the "run away " urge as I laid on the table But I didnt I just burst into tears and said make sure I wake up and everyone laughed at me and told me id be ok.

I think its only natural to be worried hun, some people worry about it more then others and like I said Im one of them but youll be ok, and no matter how many time people tell you that you will not believe them and nothing will make you feel better about it , you just have to go for it How scared were you? 571992

x
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by steph999 18th January 2012, 7:59 am

Awww I love you girls your so reassuring!!! Im not worried at the moment but yyou all on call form 9am-4pm Friday when my meltdown is scheduled! Hopefully wont happen, right now im just stupidly excited!!!

Angellauren your in the right hands with this bunch
Hug
steph999
steph999
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 847

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 18th January 2012, 10:45 am

I was petrified, I got the ok from my surgeon to take calms tablets. I spent every spare minute on here reading the surgery stories section. I was part of the May buddies thread for 2009 and would speak to the girls who had their ops before me, they all said it was the best thing they'd done for themselves and it's so easy, you just go to sleep and wake up with new boobies. I was scared until the day before my op, when a calm took over me. I only got nervous when the nurse came to walk me down to theatre. I couldn't speak or look at my boyfriend. I got on the operating table and just hoped they'd put the ga in quick before I got up and ran out the building with my ass hanging out my hospital gown. But I stayed there cause i know I would have regretted it for the rest of my life if I didn't go through with it. I kept saying to myself this time tomorrow you'll be home with new boobs. I woke up so happy and proud of myself. Stop saying goodbye to people, you are gonna wake up. No one has died from elective surgery ga since they've had all this equipment that monitors you while you are under. You are fit and healthy and nothing is going to happen to you.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by starjem 19th January 2012, 9:43 pm

This is one of my major fears. I didnt want to bring it up on here as I didnt want to scare anyone.

Ive lost weight. Im suffering with insomnia and when I do sleep I dream alot.

sometimes I feel like im being selfish and all I can think about is my children and what if...

I know that this is normal but you still cant help it. Its a horrible feeling and it gets more intense as the day draws near.

Im glad I can talk to you ladies cause nobody gets it. How scared were you? 948189
starjem
starjem
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by steph999 19th January 2012, 9:47 pm

I've read somewhere (possibly a post my misf1) that more people die form being hit by a coconut than through a BA, this is what i use to reassure myself that i WILL wake up xxx
steph999
steph999
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 847

Back to top Go down

Post by FLOWER11 19th January 2012, 9:53 pm

jajaja steph that post made me laughHow scared were you? 557141 I think wr safe since there isn't any coconut trees anywher near me..... u will be getting nice cocnuts in just hours whooo hoooHow scared were you? 43418
FLOWER11
FLOWER11
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by FLOWER11 19th January 2012, 9:54 pm

I meant " you will be getting new coconuts in just hours!!! GOOD luck DOLL!!
FLOWER11
FLOWER11
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkyleeds 19th January 2012, 10:09 pm

I was nervous in the run up to BA day but on the actual day i felt very calm ,it was all very surreal,especially as we were waiting in the hospital (Nuffield Leeds ) sat by the windows as everything was covered in a blanket of fog!!! ,not a bit nervous at all !! plus the hospital was great,lovely staff,and lovely food,like staying in a hotel,wish i could have stopped for a week !!!xxx
sparkyleeds
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1901

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy1361 19th January 2012, 11:20 pm

I wasn't worried at all and I had mine done awake. My ps was brilliant I followed his advice, I suffer from multiple sclerosis and carry haemophilia so I knew recovery could take a lot longer for me and my bruising would be severe, however, my ps reassured me as did my ms nurses that it would not be a problem, and were very supportive of me wanting a ba.
I carried on taking all my meds for ms as usual, and have survived. What I am trying to say I guess is you are probably in perfect health, young and if I have managed to have this done and been ok then of course you will be fine. The surgeon would never take a risk.
I must admit though going up the stairs to surgery with my best friend I did tell her where my money was and how to split it for my kids lol, and it was at that point she gave me a hug and then laughed her head off.
It's perfectly normal what you are feeling and you will feel so good once you have your new boobies xxxxx
Chrissy1361
Chrissy1361
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 208

Back to top Go down

Post by whoknew1987 20th January 2012, 12:30 am

Hey hun.. I was 100% excited until 2 days before my op, right after I finished work for the last time (booked 2.5 weeks off for op and recovery).. As soon as I got home I broke down in tears and I realised its because I was terrified of the surgery.. I felt silly because I knew that it was elective and I was having an op because I wanted to change my body not because there was anything physically wrong with me, illness wise.. Anyway I was comforted and supported by my partner and from that point I was really calm literally until I laid on the bed in theatre.. I expected to not sleep the night before from nerves and be a wreck the morning of the op but I was fine.. Is someone going with you to the hospital hun because the support really does help take your mind off it.. I'm sure you'll be fine :) Good luck xxx
whoknew1987
whoknew1987
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora1979 20th January 2012, 12:40 pm

Bad dreams: check!
Stressed out: check!
wondering what if: check!
mood swings: check!
Massive amounts of excitement: check!

I have never had an operation either. The latest dream I wake up with different size implants in each boob!

I am going to the hospital on my own too as I think I will be braver and therefore calmer on my own. My OH is going to get some more rest, clean the house, do the weekly food shop then come to the hospital for about 1ish by which time I will hopefully be eating and ready to go home.
Aurora1979
Aurora1979
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1262

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next