Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help - just seen my stitches and raised scar tissu

+4
missmarie60
Loxxie
em_stevo
zimbabwegirl
8 posters

Go down

help - just seen my stitches and raised scar tissu Empty help - just seen my stitches and raised scar tissu

Post by zimbabwegirl 25th April 2009, 6:19 pm

Hi girls, had my bandages off on day 4 and so just left with steri strips over the stitches and sort of big plaster under each boobs to hold them in place till I can take them off on day 10 and am wearing my sports bra day and night. But the plasters keep falling off and so had a peak at my scars this morning and cried and cried ... i remember reading someone else posting this but can't find the thread ...... OH looked a bit horrified and didn't say anything..... so had to get mirror and stick it under the boob ... stitches are brown and like brown threads ??!! but my skin tissue on both looks a lot more puckered and raised than I thought it would ...... gees is this because I probably have been doing to much ????.... more round the house .. obviously not stupid things like hoovering and cutting grass or ironing .... but general stuff .... nothing heavy and not done anything that feels uncomfortable. ...... but beating myself up now for not taking it easy more ...... was it Mrs O that mentioned this as well. Just about had marital divorce in asking OH to help me with putting some pics on Picturetrail cos gees if you have never done it before - it really a bit complicated .... or maybe I am thicker than I think I am .... have put on pre op ones which I can hardly bare to look at myself ... and some 2 day post opones but want to take pics tomorrow with the bandages off when replacing with new ones and to show you guys the scars to see what your opinions are .... could not live without this site .... one can talk till the cows come home and feel like you are not boring the pants off the family as my husband is boobed out ... my 2 daughters of 14 and 17 just do not want to know as they find this highly embrassing but equally they are relieved that no one has noticed that i have had a boob job at all ??? Any comments on raised scar tissue while steri strips still on ????? :pale:
zimbabwegirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

help - just seen my stitches and raised scar tissu Empty Re: help - just seen my stitches and raised scar tissu

Post by em_stevo 25th April 2009, 6:35 pm

Im really sorry to hear that your upset hun, i put a similar post to you saying that when i seen my scars for the first time i cried too. You must remember that you are extremely early days and in theory you werent meant to see your scars till day 10 when you got your bandages off properly (which is exactly the same time i got mine off.) Of course it will be a shock to you, your scars will settle so much even over the next few weeks and as for them being raised im sure the steri strips will help with this too over the next few weeks, etc. Try not to get too upset but if you really are worried i would give your nurse a quick ring, just to make you feel at ease. As for the steri strips starting to come off, try not to keep looking underneath as it may cause infection especially with you being so early after your op. Trust me tho, your scars will look better and better every day, Hope you feel better soon, xxxxxx
em_stevo
em_stevo
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1654

Back to top Go down

help - just seen my stitches and raised scar tissu Empty Re: help - just seen my stitches and raised scar tissu

Post by zimbabwegirl 25th April 2009, 6:48 pm

Thanks em_steve, the plasters keep coming unstuck but the steri strips are still in place and I will not replace those as it will disturb the stitiches but hopefully the scars being a bit raised is normal ..... thanks for your kind words and i will put my pics up tomorrow so you can see what you think then ... thank you again ...x
zimbabwegirl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by em_stevo 25th April 2009, 6:51 pm

Yeah i look forward to seeing your pics, its hard not to worry as we dont know what to expect throughout the whole process. But im sure your scars will settle soon, look after yourself, xxxxx
em_stevo
em_stevo
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1654

Back to top Go down

Post by Loxxie 25th April 2009, 7:01 pm

hey there hunnie.i remember seeing my scars for the first time-they looked so angry ,raised ,red and bumpy that i could n't see how they could ever look normal again!!?? BUT now i can hardly see them!!! sending you a big hug Hug
Loxxie
Loxxie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2102

Back to top Go down

Post by missmarie60 25th April 2009, 7:45 pm

Hug just for you.....and dont worry about not knowing how to put pics up as i have to nag my son to do it (he does'nt look at my pics...cos he thinks that would be 'well weird' ) so thats a relief Rolling Eyes i have'nt a clue when it comes to things like that....your scars wont even be noticable before long.....sending you loads of hugs to cheer you up Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug

love marie x x x
missmarie60
missmarie60
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 403

Back to top Go down

Post by zimbabwegirl 25th April 2009, 8:16 pm

Thanks so much ... I just had a look and they are WONDERFUL ... perfect ... ... you had a better chest than me before that is for sure ....and to be honest I can't see your pigeon chest ?! Did you have the 300 in the end - I think you did - fantastic result and very very natural. But honestly they look EXACTLY like mine post - op - looking at yours with the plasters/bandages under the boob - no bruising whatsoever - same size and same shape - all exactly the same - if you put us together - the boobs would look identical - he has done an excellent job. You must be thrilled to bits. With being the soft touch ones are yours very soft already? . Thanks for your kind words. Talk soon - Claire
zimbabwegirl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 25th April 2009, 8:22 pm

Your scars will changes alot over the next few months so try not to fret over them now hun you're only a week post op so they're very fresh still, keep them covered and dry
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by zimbabwegirl 25th April 2009, 8:28 pm

Thanks Nads.
zimbabwegirl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrs o 25th April 2009, 9:01 pm

Hi hun, I am allergic to sticky stuff so have seen my scars from day one, so it wasn't such a shock for me and to be honest they are much better than i thought! When i had my c section, the scar was awful, they used one long stich with a bead at the end and the skin was very puckered at each point where the sticth went in and out it was also letter box red!. I was actully distraugt about it, but i can honestly say that I really struggle to find it now. It is just like a fine piece of cotton. None of my friends can believe how brilliant it is, so take heart hunni skin truely is amazing. U have to join me in the waiting game babe, but it will all be worth it x
mrs o
mrs o
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 140

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelpie 25th April 2009, 9:08 pm

It really is early days for your scars, honey. They will get much better as time goes on... promise. Hug

One of mine at 10 days post op looked much more puckered than I expected... but now it is completely flat and the only thing that even really identifies it as a scar is that it is still quite red... but I know that with time they will fade.

Try not to worry to much, you've plenty of changes to go through over the next few weeks/months.

Take care. Angel x.
Angelpie
Angelpie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post by job1701 26th April 2009, 5:07 pm

hey sweetie, I posted couple of weeks ago as burst into tears when I saw my scars. They were all swollen and puckkered and I thought i looked like the bridge of frankenstein! But two weeks later, they are completely even now, the puckkering has all gone, they swelling is gone and just a red line now which will hopefully fade in time! I know exactly how you feel sweetie, I was so horrified i cud not bear to put any pics up on picturetrail but will soon. Hugs x
job1701
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by zimbabwegirl 26th April 2009, 8:22 pm

Thank you girls for all the comments above - very comforting to know they will settle down - this all saves a lot of calls to the PS secretary who is not nearly as informative as you lot 👍 👍
zimbabwegirl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down