Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

“I Love My Implants, But I Wish I Went Bigger”

+3
Knxgrl
misf1
Jennifer2011
7 posters

Go down

“I Love My Implants, But I Wish I Went Bigger”  Empty “I Love My Implants, But I Wish I Went Bigger”

Post by Jennifer2011 12th July 2011, 3:51 pm

Just found this on another site and though it might be of interest to some of you pre BA!

“I Love My Implants, But I Wish I Went Bigger” By Dr. Ted Eisenberg

"There’s a lot of conversation online about women wishing they had chosen larger implants. In my experience with 4,800 breast augmentation patients, I’ve identified four circumstances that commonly lead women to say, “I wish I would have gone bigger.”

1. Pulling back because you think other people will notice.
Many women are concerned that their implants will look fake and that people are going to notice that they “got work done.”

Implants can look obvious – and like half-basketballs – when they are placed in front of the pectoralis muscle and are covered only by skin and breast glands. With that placement, you can see the outline of the implant all the way around, including the part that’s peeking out of a bathing suit, tank top, or bra. That’s the giveaway.

I always place implants subpectorally, which means that the upper half of the implant is behind the chest muscle and the lower half is behind the breast gland. That way, the part of the implant that peeks out is covered by muscle and skin and looks more natural. Most doctors choose this placement as well.

Patients tell me that their closest friends and family members often don’t notice that they got implants. They do notice that they look better, but they can’t put their finger why:
“New outfit?” “New hairstyle?” “Working out a lot?” “Just back from vacation?”
Unless you tell your friends or wear clothes that shout “I had a breast augmentation!” you can keep it a secret.

2. Being misled by before and after photos.
The problem with picking your implant size from online photos – besides the fact that the woman might be a different height, weight and starting breast size – is that pictures are often not labeled, and you may not know how far along she was in the healing process. You might be looking at pictures that were taken three months after surgery, when the implants were only 80 percent settled. At this point, they look bigger because they are pressed up high, like breasts look in a push-up bra. When the implants are fully settled at nine months, the breasts will have the illusion of looking smaller, and they’ll look even smaller in clothes. So choosing from a 3-month post-op picture is deceiving.

3. Shopping “cup size” instead of “breast look.”
By and large, (pun intended) women say they want to be a full C cup – but not a D! They have a preconceived notion that a C would proportional on them and a D would be the size of their grandmother’s bra. What most women want is to be in proportion, and they think that means a C cup.

I prefer to call it a C “look,” because bra cups sizes are variable and misleading. A C cup means one thing when made by Warner’s and another when it’s made by Victoria Secret.

To achieve a C “look,” a 5’1” tall woman with a small frame might need a B cup, while a 5’8” tall woman with a large frame might need a D cup.

During consultations at my office, I show prospective patients before and after photographs of women who started out exactly like them in height, weight, frame size, and breast volume. It’s like looking in a magic mirror of the future. Women tell me “too big,” “too small,” and “just right.” They consistently pick the same number of ccs. Each photo notes the size of the implants used, so I know what to order to give them the look they want on their body.

When we’re all done, they ask, “What cup size is that? If I say D, the woman often says, “I don’t want to be a D. Show me something smaller.” This is where they get into trouble. The letter doesn’t matter; it’s the look you’ve chosen, and it looks right to you.

4. Second-guessing yourself, or listening to your girlfriends.
When your girlfriend tells you that her 400 cc implants are too big and you should get 375 instead, cover your ears and disregard her well-meaning advice. The difference between a 375 and a 400 cc implant is less than 2 tablespoons – the amount of oil you’d add to your pancake mix. And unless your friend measures exactly the same as you, you’re not comparing apples to apples.

The solution? Trust yourself, and know that you’ve chosen the look that is right for you.

Dr. Ted Eisenberg is a Philadelphia plastic and reconstructive surgeon whose practice is focused solely on cosmetic breast surgery. He has done more surgeries for [link removed] than any one surgeon in our history of operation. He also recently set a new world record for the most breast augmentation procedures performed in a lifetime. Contact Dr Eisenberg, he is truly a mammary magician!"
Jennifer2011
Jennifer2011
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 275

Back to top Go down

“I Love My Implants, But I Wish I Went Bigger”  Empty Re: “I Love My Implants, But I Wish I Went Bigger”

Post by misf1 12th July 2011, 3:57 pm

I can say I mostly agree with this person on choosing implants. I don't agree on always using the partial unders placement, but he's entitled to his opinion lol
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

“I Love My Implants, But I Wish I Went Bigger”  Empty Re: “I Love My Implants, But I Wish I Went Bigger”

Post by Jennifer2011 12th July 2011, 4:00 pm

lol you're right, I've seen some very natural looking results from overs! He's from the USA and I think unders are nearly always used over there... I think!
Jennifer2011
Jennifer2011
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 275

Back to top Go down

Post by Knxgrl 12th July 2011, 4:07 pm

We have mostly unders for women who want to look natural (usually older early 30s+) and the young girls like to get the pic Pamela Anderson ones so they can work at Hooters lol “I Love My Implants, But I Wish I Went Bigger”  557141
Knxgrl
Knxgrl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 373

Back to top Go down

Post by moongal 12th July 2011, 4:09 pm

Honestly, I've looked at a lot of pics, and it seems like you can get an extremely natural result with both! I think the only way you may get an unnatural result with overs is if you choose a very large size implant and begin with very little natural breast tissue....

I really want overs. I have a large A very small B, but I think that there's enough tissue to cover the implant...I'm also going for a very modest size/profile. What do you all think!?

Lastly, about the US thing...they LOVE to suggest unders/partial unders...they say that there is a decreased risk of cc and also less complication when it comes to mammography screening for breast cancer...
moongal
moongal
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 199

Back to top Go down

Post by teddy73 12th July 2011, 10:42 pm

I totally agree with his first point. Its how I was thinking until a couple of days ago (and until I found this website!!).
teddy73
teddy73
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwigirl 12th July 2011, 11:26 pm

I like the tip on shopping for breast look instead of getting fixated on the cup size. Our bodies all vary so much, it's good to try and keep in mind that a certain cup size on your best friend might look very different to the same cup size on you, and same for cc's and profiles as well, I suppose.

It does mean we're putting a lot of faith in our surgeons though!!
kiwigirl
kiwigirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 899

Back to top Go down

Post by Lookoutgirl 13th July 2011, 12:38 am

Knxgrl wrote:We have mostly unders for women who want to look natural (usually older early 30s+) and the young girls like to get the pic Pamela Anderson ones so they can work at Hooters lol “I Love My Implants, But I Wish I Went Bigger”  557141
you say Pam Anderson I just said bigger then I am LOL!!! and as the unders Yes it is more common here in the US
Lookoutgirl
Lookoutgirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 420

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down