Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PIP replacement with bigger implants??

+3
COOKIE
mrsball
Cat1985
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PIP replacement with bigger implants?? Empty PIP replacement with bigger implants??

Post by Cat1985 17th October 2012, 4:09 pm

I am looking into getting my PIPs removed and replaced but would like to get bigger implants not just be replaced with the same size.
Does anyone know if this would be included in the price or would cost me extra? Xx
Cat1985
Cat1985
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 397

Back to top Go down

PIP replacement with bigger implants?? Empty Re: PIP replacement with bigger implants??

Post by mrsball 17th October 2012, 4:16 pm

Hi hunny, I'm not of sure as luckily I never had pips, I know some other girls on the forum have and they should be able to answer that bit.
I'd think it all depended on your aftercare and what the clinc says x
There is another part of the forum that helps ladies with pips maybe take a look in that part to see the threads in there as well sweetie x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

PIP replacement with bigger implants?? Empty Re: PIP replacement with bigger implants??

Post by Cat1985 17th October 2012, 4:21 pm

Unfortunately my aftercare is void as the company I used went into administration but some company's are doing reduced rate ops. It's quite confusing!
I will take a look at the part of the forum for PIPs patients and see if I can find out anything.
Thanks for your help sweets xx
Cat1985
Cat1985
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 17th October 2012, 5:35 pm

You'll find some clinics even if you didn't have your surgery with them will offer you a reduced rate due to you having PIPS hun, if my memory serves me right, I think MyBreast could be one of them, I could be wrong though so it's worth checking... The fact that you want a larger implant than you have in now, shouldn't make a difference hun. It's definitely worth giving a few clinics a call, telling them your situation and seeing what they can offer you.

I'm sorry for what you've had to deal with finding out about your cowardly clinic going into liquidation,mothers were a couple who did the same right after the PIP scandal came out. It's harsh that you have to pay out of your own pocket to have these implants replaced, but it's a small price to pay to get them out of your body sweetheart.

We'll be here for you all the way through, we've many PIP ladies here and hopefully they'll be able to add more to help guide you in the direction. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat1985 17th October 2012, 5:42 pm

Thanks, MyBreast is one I haven't looked into yet! I know I am going to have to pay something, but trying to keep it minimal as wasn't really expecting to have to have to have this done so soon! Def want them gone, and soon though! Then I can get on with enjoying my boobs again :-)

Thank you again, it is nice to feel less alone as I don't even know anyone with implants so no one really knows how stressful this all is. It's good to be able to talk about things! Xxx
Cat1985
Cat1985
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 17th October 2012, 5:56 pm

I've heard a clinic called RedRose are offering Euro silicone implants as a free replacement to PIP ladies too, offering surgery at around £3,000 but I know little of this clinic hun and you'd have to be sure to check all surgeon qualifications before pressing ahead with any surgery as well as checking their after care hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat1985 17th October 2012, 6:08 pm

Thanks, I am certainly being a lot more cautious this time around and I am not going to rush or be pushed into doing anything I am not 100% happy with. Aftercare is also very important to me because of what I am going through now I would want to know I am safe if anything does go wrong again.
Cat1985
Cat1985
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 17th October 2012, 6:13 pm

Very wise Cat Hug xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat1985 17th October 2012, 6:17 pm

I just hope I make the right decision and find a surgeon and company soon so I can get passed this :-) xx
Cat1985
Cat1985
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 17th October 2012, 6:48 pm

You will... We'll help you along the way sweetness to get the best for yourself hun and if the very best you want I'd suggest sticking to BAAPs registered surgeons. MyBreast are a very good complaint hun, Spire too, but Spires aftercare isn't really that great. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat1985 17th October 2012, 6:57 pm

Thank you so much :) I have heard of MyBreast so will try contacting them in the morning and arranging a consultation and see what they can offer. I have had a quick look on their website and they operate locally which would be good for me too! Xx
Cat1985
Cat1985
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 17th October 2012, 7:12 pm

cookie wrote:You will... We'll help you along the way sweetness to get the best for yourself hun and if the very best you want I'd suggest sticking to BAAPs registered surgeons. MyBreast are a very good complaint hun, Spire too, but Spires aftercare isn't really that great. Xx

Cookie I see your I pad is still being defiant!! Hysterical xx
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by 2nd time lucky 17th October 2012, 8:50 pm

Hi Cat ,I had my pips replaced in April . I only had them for 2 yrs and to say I was p***ed off at having to pay again is an understatement.I originally had them done with Surgicare who went into liquidation but opened a few hours later as Surgicare Medical and are in with the Hospital Group. I got a discount and paid £3000 instead of £4000 and have to say the whole experience was great. I had a chance to go bigger at no extra cost but chose not to. And I sure was pleased when the pips were out. Good luck with everything. xx
2nd time lucky
2nd time lucky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1799

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat1985 17th October 2012, 8:56 pm

Hi, I too had my original surgery with surgicare and do have a consultation with the hospital group later this month. It's good to hear your experience with them was so good and you were given the opportunity to go bigger!
I just don't want to go with the 1st surgeon I see, I want to make sure! This is reassuring though :smiler: xx
Cat1985
Cat1985
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 17th October 2012, 9:02 pm

mrsball wrote:
cookie wrote:You will... We'll help you along the way sweetness to get the best for yourself hun and if the very best you want I'd suggest sticking to BAAPs registered surgeons. MyBreast are a very good complaint hun, Spire too, but Spires aftercare isn't really that great. Xx

Cookie I see your I pad is still being defiant!! Hysterical xx

Oh dear, I'm going to have to turn off this auto correct I think :doh: thanks hun.

That should read that MyBreast are a good 'company' I should also add when I said Spires aftercare isn't that great that I meant that only in the length of after care that you are given. Spire are very reputable and it's rare you hear of any of problems with their aftercare even though, the only downside like I say is that it's so limited. I think you only get one year. Xx

COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 2nd time lucky 17th October 2012, 9:05 pm

Thats good that you were with Surgicare in a way because you will be offered the discount and £1000 off is better than a kick up the bum ! I had Miles Berry and I cant praise him enough. He was very involved with investigations into pips. He replaced so many that I waited 9 weeks to get mine done with him but it was worth it. I love my new boobs and even though I had same size implants put in I went from a DD to an E so that was a nice surprise.He is a brilliant surgeon in my book and I cant praise him enough. xx
2nd time lucky
2nd time lucky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1799

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat1985 17th October 2012, 9:06 pm

Haha, I saw compliant but read company!

I have heard of spires although not really looked into them too much. That isn't very long for after care, would prefer something longer than that I think xx
Cat1985
Cat1985
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat1985 17th October 2012, 9:09 pm

Yeah, I have been told that I will be offered a discount but will get the actual cost when I have my consultation. I am seeing a different surgeon, but I guess if I don't like the 1 I see I could ask to see a different 1! Lol I bet that was a nice surprise for you, an extra cup size can't be bad :D xx
Cat1985
Cat1985
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 17th October 2012, 9:10 pm

It's not very long I agree hun... They are one of the best clinics out there though and it's VERY rare in deed we ever hear a complaint about them here.

I suppose one could weigh up the benefits of going with such a reputable company over the lack of aftercare :smiler: xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat1985 17th October 2012, 9:16 pm

:doh: it's so difficult! So many different things to think about and consider and that's before you even see a surgeon! Trying to do things logically and go with ones that do consultations closer to where I live but still have good surgeons and hospital. Gets confusing xx
Cat1985
Cat1985
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by cazalino 17th October 2012, 9:19 pm

I had my 8 year old PIP implants replaced in Aug, i went from a 350 to 460 and had to pay and extra £250 on top of the £2500 for the increase as he had to make the pocket bigger. That was with Transform. Increasing size was never an issue with them xxx
cazalino
cazalino
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 954

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 17th October 2012, 9:24 pm

First you'd have to decide whether having a BAAPS registered surgeon or not is important to you hun, if it is, then this narrows down the clinics you'd want to use as the larger more commercial clinics don't generally attract those surgeons.

If you're not bothered then calling the clinics you are interested in and requesting a list of surgeons that work in your area would probably be your next step. Research the surgeons by checking all qualifications through the GMC register, after doing this you can generally get a feel for you like, then research those by going online and looking for previous patients reviews. You'll have a short list of surgeons then to arrange a consultation with hun.

Check the aftercare and that you're happy with it and you should be ok hun.

I know it all sounds very long winded but worth the effort to ensure you're getting the best for yourself Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat1985 18th October 2012, 7:23 am

I am going to look into what all these qualifications actually mean if a PS has them today and go from there I think. I don't mind travelling for the surgery but to be going long distance every few weeks after, although its for a good reason, I feel it's a bit much! Especially as I don't drive so have to get lifts all the time.
Thank you for all your help, has made me feel so much more focused in what I need to do and less confused! Such a help xxx
Cat1985
Cat1985
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 18th October 2012, 9:43 am

Hey, I had my PIP's replaced this year. Went with HMG in the first instance, and they wanted more money than the original op to get them replaced so I went elsewhere. I had 315 first time around, and when I got the PIP's out, I had 495 put in x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat1985 18th October 2012, 9:51 am

Hey, thanks for your reply. Was going to ask where you went but it says in your info at the side of your post. Are you pleased with your new implants? They look good in your pic :) xx
Cat1985
Cat1985
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next