Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advise please xxx

+4
moonmar
Len1
nads
em_stevo
8 posters

Go down

Advise please xxx Empty Advise please xxx

Post by em_stevo 25th April 2009, 7:39 am

Hiya Ladies, Basically im a bit worried, when i first had my consultation with my ps he explained that after my op i would have to wear my bandages for 2 weeks then go see him and then wear a sports bra day and night for the next 6, taking the total up to around 8 weeks post op before being able to wear a proper bra.
My appointent to get my bandages off was only 10 days after my op and then my next appointment is this tue (which means im only 3 weeks and 4 days post op) instead of being 6 weeks away, basically what im getting at is he asked me to get fitted for a wonderbra (specifically stated a wonderbra - no idea why????) before i go and see him on tues and if he is happy with my recovery I can start wearing a proper bra during the day and a sports bra for bed.
I personally think this is a little soon to start wearing underwire bras???? I know each surgeon recommends different things but im worried that it may effect my healing etc. Is it a case of when he sees me on tue he may have a look and recommend what he thinks is best for me? He may suggest i carry on wearing my sports bra.How long was it before you ladies started wearing a proper bra?? Thank You. Sorry for the rambling, xxxxxxx
em_stevo
em_stevo
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1654

Back to top Go down

Advise please xxx Empty Re: Advise please xxx

Post by nads 25th April 2009, 8:08 am

A wonderbra? How bizarre, those bras specifically push together so i would imagine arent too good for healing pockets, i guess getting measured for one wouldnt hurt but i wouldnt wear one so early on, i started wearing proper bras at 2 months po when i felt ready, until then i wore my sports bra x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Len1 25th April 2009, 9:19 am

Hmmmmmm very interesting!

Who did you go with hun? maybe some other girls have gone with the same surgeon. I have been advised to wear my sports bra for 6 weeks, and i have an elastic strap which i wear over the top part of my bust and i have to wear that for 3 wks - which is nearly up now.

I would also speek to your nurse and ask if it is a company policy or just what he suggests, and ask if they have ever had any complications with other girls who have done this.

good luck
xxx
Len1
Len1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by em_stevo 25th April 2009, 2:08 pm

I know, i thought it was totally strange as the thought of trying to wear a wonderbra at this early stage makes my eyes water!!! lol. It even says in my aftercare notes to get measured before i see him and take the wonderbra with me to start wearing during the day if hes happy with my progress! Hmmmmm.,
Well ive just got back from town and I did attempt to try on a wonderbra and there is no way I can wear one!!! It was horribly uncomfortable and theres no way my boobs could be pushed where it wanted them to go.
I did buy a couple of normal bras to take with me and if he says anything i will just explain that theres no way i can push my boobs as hard as they are right now into anything, lol, and another thing....i have just paid a heck of a lot of money to not have to wear a wonderbra anymore, lol.
On the plus side i am absolutely over the moon as the 2 bras i just bought, one was a 30E and the other was a 32DD.....woo hooo! I know im not to get excited as it is extremely early days for unders but it was sooooooo nice to try a proper one! Hopefully on tue the surgeon might be happy for me to wear a normal one and the dreaded sports bra on the night only!! But like you girls say i really dont wanna rush things, i would be more than happy to carry on wearing my sports bra if it gives me the results i wanted!!! Ive come this far so why rush things now, xxxx
em_stevo
em_stevo
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by em_stevo 25th April 2009, 2:10 pm

Len1 wrote:Hmmmmmm very interesting!

Who did you go with hun?

Sorry hun, i went with a company called Vive cosmetics as its local, but the surgeon works for the nuffield in newcastle, xxxx
em_stevo
em_stevo
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Len1 25th April 2009, 2:16 pm

If i was you i would also ask him what the benefits are of wearing a wonderbra?

Let us know how it goes - oh and WOW WOW WOW on your size!! Flash .
xxx
Len1
Len1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by moonmar 25th April 2009, 2:18 pm

Mmm, never heard of this before, but if it's what your ps suggests then follow his advice - but when you see him maybe ask him why! At least if he gives you a coherent explanation it may reassure you that it's ok and he has his valid reasons for doing that!!!!
moonmar
moonmar
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1377

Back to top Go down

Post by em_stevo 25th April 2009, 2:19 pm

Thanks Len i think i'll feel better after ive spoken to him, i know each surgeon has different views on whats best so i guess i just gotta trust his judgement. But yeh im loving my new bras!! Really had to restrain myself as I know they're gonna change so much, but hey it made me feel good, lol, xxxxxx
em_stevo
em_stevo
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by em_stevo 25th April 2009, 2:21 pm

moonmar wrote: At least if he gives you a coherent explanation it may reassure you that it's ok and he has his valid reasons for doing that!!!!

Im kinda hoping he doesnt give me a valid explanation hun as theres no way i could face squashing my newbies into a wonderbra, lol.
em_stevo
em_stevo
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 25th April 2009, 3:45 pm

I was told to wear sports bra for six weeks daytime and 3 months night. My boobs.... no way would have moved to fit a normal bra let alone a wonderbra...still like footballs and immovable.!!!

I am sure as we have all been advised different, he must have a reason... perhaps to get rid of gap in middle..to achieva a cleavage????? It is all I can think of, but be very interesting to know.. do pass on his words of wisdom please Rolling Eyes Hug xx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by em_stevo 25th April 2009, 3:56 pm

mia wrote:but be very interesting to know.. do pass on his words of wisdom please Rolling Eyes Hug xx

Will do mia, xxxx
em_stevo
em_stevo
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 27th April 2009, 12:38 pm

Omg hun just read your post!! 30E wowwww!! hehe are you chuffed? i was measured a 32DD and couldnt believe it! lol i was advised 4 weeks a normal bra during the day and sports bra for bed so i do think were all told different.

Let me know how it goes.

x x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeBarbie 27th April 2009, 5:26 pm

That seems too soon. I had to wear sports bra for 3 months x
BlondeBarbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1849

Back to top Go down

Post by babeedoll27 27th April 2009, 8:57 pm

Hiya..!

Interesting to say the least?? Shocked

I wore a sports bra for 6 weeks then was ok to wear underwired ones, but I chose them carefully...some are more padded around the wires than others. They had to fit well too or they do become uncomfy after a while.
No way would I have tried a wonderbra though...that's bizarre! Like you say...why have them done to wear a wonderbra for gawd's sake!!?? Screwy

It took me til 3 months to be able to fully squish mine together too..

Don't get your surgeon at all..... will look forward to seeing his reasons for this?

I would certainly go with what YOU'RE comfortable with, hun....

BBD xx
babeedoll27
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post by em_stevo 28th April 2009, 3:35 pm

Thanks BBD, i think know matter how qualified he is i gotta go with my body and like i say no way could i wear a wonderbra, oh well, i'll keep you all informed as im going tonight to see him, wish me luck, xxxx
em_stevo
em_stevo
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 28th April 2009, 3:48 pm

Loads of luck being transmitted your way Hug Dr Lurve xx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down