Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Had my 2nd Consultation!! Confused LOL!

+4
princess*Chloe
misf1
jen86
Nyssa-H
8 posters

Go down

Had my 2nd Consultation!! Confused LOL! Empty Had my 2nd Consultation!! Confused LOL!

Post by Nyssa-H 20th May 2011, 1:46 pm

Hi Ladies

As some of you may know, I had a consultation with Transform a few weeks ago and booked surgery right away with Mr Kuna! After finding this forum I realised I may have got a little overexcited and decided to have another consultation to put my mind at ease. I had convinced myself I was going with Transform as I had read so much good stuff on the internet about Mr Kuna that I had my mind made up!

But I've been to Preston today to see a Mr Khan Aurakzai and I was really impressed! I only saw him and spent around 45 minutes with him. It was so different to the consultation I had with Transform. He drew diagrams, wrote lots of notes, explained everthing really well and was really friendly. He seemed to know what I wanted and made sure I understood! He has his own practice but has previously worked for Transform and MYA. They also told me to take a bigger sized bra and light t-shirt so I could try implants which was good.

He said that I wouldn't need an uplift but recommended either 380 (which he recommended) or 410cc and a small modified mastopexy on my right nipple as it hangs slightly lower than my left!! But only if I wanted it and it would cost an extra £1000! He said to go back to Transform and get there price for this and he would try and better it.

So now my problem is do I go with Transform as I've read so much good stuff about the surgeon and already have a date booked for surgery or go with this surgeon as I really liked him and thought he was thorough/friendly. How did you all make your decision? I know there's only me that can make my mind up but I'm so confused! I think I would be best off cancelling the op booked for July (especially as it's 2 days after my ibiza hol) and that will give me more time to decide and get more money together!!

Sorry I've wrote so much, any advice appreciated!! xx
Nyssa-H
Nyssa-H
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 671

Back to top Go down

Had my 2nd Consultation!! Confused LOL! Empty Re: Had my 2nd Consultation!! Confused LOL!

Post by jen86 20th May 2011, 2:04 pm

mmmh im on my mobile typing this as i walk to work and try to avoid lamp posts so bare with me!!
its v important u feel confident with ur.surgeon and as ur consultayion with.th second.surgeon was so promising by th sounds of it, i wud be tempted to.cancel ur other op and book with this surgeon. just make sure u no what aftt care u wud receive with him. tbh hun u sound like u have already made up ur mind!!good luck xx
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2901

Back to top Go down

Had my 2nd Consultation!! Confused LOL! Empty Re: Had my 2nd Consultation!! Confused LOL!

Post by misf1 20th May 2011, 2:08 pm

I would research both surgeons, research the aftercare and also use your gut instinct as a guide. If you feel too rushed at the moment you can cancel your op and you can always re book it if you decide to go with them. You need to be confident that the surgeon will give you the look you want and that if anything should go wrong that you are covered by aftercare.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyssa-H 20th May 2011, 2:21 pm

I think i def need to cancel the op with transform, im quite annoyed that I booked it and she knew I was comin back from Ibiza two days before and never mentioned anythin about alcohol!! There's quite a lot about Mr Kuna on this site but not so much about Mr Aurakzai although there is other stuff on the net. It's such a hard decision to make and I want it to be the right one. I'll e-mail his secretary to check the aftercare so I've got it written down. I'm seeing Mr Kuna and the PS from Transform again on Thursday but I know that she will try and persuade me not to cancel! I already told her I was thinking about it and she said that I was ok to do that but I wouldn't get a more experienced surgeon than Mr Kuna!!! Aaargh!!! xx
Nyssa-H
Nyssa-H
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 20th May 2011, 2:33 pm

If you don't want to cancel just yet you can always postpone the op for a few monthss while you make up your mind. You can cancel it later if you need to then, when you've made up your mind. They will probably offer money off if you threaten to cancel too, dont let this pursuade you though.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyssa-H 20th May 2011, 2:43 pm

Im just thinking of my deposit lol!! I'll be able to relax more if I have my £250 back that I've already paid and then if I do go with the other surgeon I don't need to worry about leaving it too late with Transform? Oh just duno wat 2 do!! xx
Nyssa-H
Nyssa-H
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by princess*Chloe 20th May 2011, 2:50 pm

there was hrdly anything on my surgeon on the net, but he made me feel so at ease..and as you say the second surgeon was lot more thourough/ diagrams etc.. id cancel/postpone the first if your feeling unsure! your gut feeling will nag at you xxxxx
princess*Chloe
princess*Chloe
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by kezza85 20th May 2011, 2:51 pm

Get your £250 back from transform until you are 100% happy with your choice hun. You get a 7 day cooling off period with transform so get your deposit back now, Doesnt mean you wont be able to go with them it will just give you more time to look into both your options more without losing your money. x
kezza85
kezza85
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 532

http://www.decalz.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 20th May 2011, 3:29 pm

I would get your money back and do more reserch untill you totally happy with everything. x
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 20th May 2011, 3:58 pm

I agree xx get your money back and take your time over deciding xx

:good:
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 20th May 2011, 4:29 pm

First and foremost you need to find a surgeon who meets your needs, makes you feel confident with their surgery plan and comfortable knowing should you possibly have any problems post-op, that they'll be there for you.

Be sure to check the aftercare that Mr Aurakzai offers at his private practise too, often these private practises offer very little in terms of aftercare, insaying that you need to weigh up if it is less whether or not you think the surgeon is worth the sacrifice.

Transform offer a 3 year after-care package.

It's great that you've made a second consultation with Mr Kuna, this will be your decider, seems you already feel confident with Mr Aurakzai.... so it's just after-care and whether or not Mr Kuna can step up his game and give you wwhat the other surgeon did.

I wouldn't be swayed by the possibility of losing £250 either, it's a small price to pay to get the best for you, so if you lose it, well... you learned a tough lesson but hey, you made the choice that was right for you.

Good luck sweetheart and let us know how you get on. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyssa-H 20th May 2011, 6:12 pm

Thanks, I know it's not the end of the world losin the deposit but it
all adds up lol!! She did say as long as I cancel early June if I want to and not 2wks b4 surgery or wateva I'll get it back. I've emailed the practice asking about their aftercare so once I get that back I'll post on here. When you talk about aftercare, wat do you mean exactly? It says on my letter from them that in the unlikely event of future revision surgery would be free but patient will be responsible for hospital and anaesthetic charges. Or do you also mean post op visits etc? Is this all included free with Transform?

I really liked the 2nd surgeon and his ideas but I could still have this surgery with Transform couldn't I?! I don't not want to go with Transform because I didn't like the consultation. Who would have thought breast surgery could have so many questions! xx
Nyssa-H
Nyssa-H
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 20th May 2011, 6:26 pm

I really wouldn't put your choice of clinic first babe, the 'clinic' won't be operating on you, the 'surgeon' will! So the surgeon is the first thing you need to check on your list and feel 100% confident with sweetie.

It says on my letter from them that in the unlikely event of future
revision surgery would be free but patient will be responsible for
hospital and anaesthetic charges. Or do you also mean post op visits
etc? Is this all included free with Transform?

Is this from Transform?

From reading that it implies that your pre-op and post-op visits are all that you will have for free, the remainder of your surgery costs will be to your cost which is rubbish! - I wouldn't touch an after-care policy like that with a barge pole!

From what I know of Transform, depending on which implant you chose, you'll get -

Allergan CUIs - 10 year guarantee for implant only with free 3 year after-care policy covering complications should you need a re-op within that time, all surgery costs and surgeons costs will be at no cost to yourself.

Allergan Naturelle - FDA approved implant with Lifetime Guarantee (these will cost more) and the same 3 year after-care package as above.

What implants is the other surgeon offering hun?
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyssa-H 20th May 2011, 6:31 pm

This is the private clinic where I went today, the price of £3750 is inclusive of everything - surgery, anaesthetic, theatre chargs etc then it says the above in the letter. So not so good then? He just said Allergan implants.
Nyssa-H
Nyssa-H
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyssa-H 20th May 2011, 6:34 pm

Im really confused haha, although it doesn't take much!!
Nyssa-H
Nyssa-H
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 20th May 2011, 6:38 pm

If all he's offering is the privelidge of seeing him you aren't getting any cover should you need a re-op at all babe!

That's not for me I'm afraid, I like to know should I have a complication which even with having surgery with the best surgeons in the world can occur that I have that security blanket should I need it.

That's just me though.

Maybe if you're not happy with the private cover and choose to stick with Transform but have found through seeing another surgeon that you're not as happy with Mr Kuna as you first thought you could request a list of surgeons working in your area from Transform, do your research on each surgeon, then when you find one that impresses you, maybe have another consultation with that surgeon through Transform before rushing in with Mr kuna just 'cos you think he's the 'safest option' given the aftercare provided.

It's worth being 100% sure babe, don't rush, take your time and ask which implants you're getting also, you should be very aware of what is being implanted into your body, take NOTHING for granted and check EVERYTHING babe. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyssa-H 20th May 2011, 7:04 pm

I'm sorry I'm such a pest!! Thanks for all the help though.

Right the letter says the price includes free consultation, cost of all surgical and anaesthetic fees, hospital & theatre charges, any drugs, dressings and post op appointments. Then it says about the future revision which I've said about above. So this isn't good then obviously?

It's not that I didn't like Mr Kuna, he wasn't as thorough as the one I seen today but like you say I need a good aftercare package. After my transform consultation even though I had a lot of doubts, I was really impressed with everything I read about Mr Kuna and was positive I was going to stick with him until today! I just assumed that having doubts was natural - I've never done anything like this before. I really liked Mr Aurakzai but now I realise the aftercare isn't good I'm not so keen.

xxxx
Nyssa-H
Nyssa-H
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 20th May 2011, 7:10 pm

Right the letter says the price includes free consultation, cost of all
surgical and anaesthetic fees, hospital & theatre charges, any
drugs, dressings and post op appointments.

You need to ask how long this part applies and also ask, just out of cheekiness would he be prepared to match Transforms aftercare for 3 years coverage should you have a complication requiring revision post-op. If you don't ask you dont get and if they agree GET IT IN WRITING! You also need to ask which implants he intends on using to.
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyssa-H 22nd May 2011, 11:31 am

Ok so now I have another issue lol!! I have my op with Transform booked in for 8th July, if I decide to go ahead with it, it's 2 days after I come back from Ibiza! So after finding out about not being allowed alcohol b4 surgery I'm concerned now. I'm not normally a massive drinker but I am goin all inclusive in Ibiza so I'm making the most of it! Some ppl r sayin 2 wks, other's 2-4 days. I will be askin Transform when I c them on Thursday but would like some opinions.

I don't want it any later in July as I'm then goin V Festival on 20th August so this is only 6wks after the op. Do you think this is too soon for campin etc? I'm wondering if it might be better to put it off until after this and get all my social events out of the way 1st haha?!
Nyssa-H
Nyssa-H
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd May 2011, 4:36 pm

I went with Transform and I'm sure if I remember right it was no alcohol for 1 week.

I'd stick with your surgery date hun, I know zero alcohol is going to take just a little from your holiday but as you say, you're no big drinker anyway so abstaining isn't gonna be a biggie anyway as you're not one of those people who 'needs' alcohol to have fun.

Just ask the clinic sweetheart, they'll let you know anyway when you go for your pre-op apponintment, have you been given a date for that yet? If you haven't you might wanna call and let them know the date you leave for your hols as Transform will want that Pre-op done babe.

And camping 6 weeks post-op will be just fine, you'll have a great time! Had my 2nd Consultation!! Confused LOL! 899188 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyssa-H 22nd May 2011, 8:31 pm

No I haven't been given a pre-op date yet but I'm goin for a 2nd consultation with Transform on Thur so I'll mention it then. The PS knew that I was goin on holiday wen I booked the op as that's the reason I didn't want it earlier. I just don't understand why she didn't say anythin then? Bit annoyed really. Thanks so much for ur replies, u'v been a massive help!! xx
Nyssa-H
Nyssa-H
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down