Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Consultation today, feeling abit confused...

+3
Charlii
Contemptuous
mrskelly
7 posters

Go down

Consultation today, feeling abit confused... Empty Consultation today, feeling abit confused...

Post by mrskelly 28th September 2015, 5:40 pm

so had my consultation today, the surgeon was great we got on so well, I don't know if others are same but I came out and thought of a few questions I didn't ask. ( I know I can ring and ask or when I go back) he said he will be doing over the muscle which at the time I said ok but I've read on here that a lot of women have unders, why is this? Do they look better if you go under muscle? I tried a lot of sizers on and was stuck between 3 sizes. Ps said he would try all 3 and see what looked best. Has anyone else had this and was happy with outcome. Any help much appreciated xxx
mrskelly
mrskelly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 813

Back to top Go down

Consultation today, feeling abit confused... Empty Re: Consultation today, feeling abit confused...

Post by Contemptuous 28th September 2015, 5:43 pm

I believe surgeons tend to go over as long as you have sufficient breast tissue already to disguise the implant. Very slim women, for example, are better suited to unders. 

As for sizing, my surgeon is taking five sizes in with him and will go as big as my body will allow. I think it's common to allow the surgeon to decide.
Contemptuous
Contemptuous
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Consultation today, feeling abit confused... Empty Re: Consultation today, feeling abit confused...

Post by mrskelly 28th September 2015, 5:55 pm

Well that's what I thought about the unders and I only 5ft 4 between a size 8 to 10 that's why I'm confused. Will they be really noticeable if they are overs??? Xx
mrskelly
mrskelly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 28th September 2015, 6:04 pm

Placement is down to your own anatomy and to some extent, lifestyle. It's nothing to do with how small or skinny you are, but more to do with how much fatty tissue you have. If your surgeon believes you have enough for overs, it won't be visible. They also sometimes avoid unders if you do a lot of chest work, as this can cause muscle distortion. 

As for size, it's totally normal for them to take in a couple different sizes. For me it was 340 and 375, but the bigger was too big to safely implant for me. They can get a better idea of what will be best for you once you're open. Just be sure you agree with the largest size they're taking in, in case that's what they go for.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by mrskelly 28th September 2015, 6:08 pm

Thanks Charlii, I just felt like I'd taken in so much information, I wish I had wrote things down know as I can't even remember what implants he was putting in. I think I will ring nurse tomorrow to jog my memory. I hope I'm not the only one that does things like this. Lol xx
mrskelly
mrskelly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrskelly 28th September 2015, 6:39 pm

Just thought of another question, are all implants the same sizes as the 375 I tried on look no where as Charlii's 340's and the bigger size was 425 (I think, I know it was in the 400's) so was just wandering if all implants makes are different. Xx
mrskelly
mrskelly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrskelly 28th September 2015, 6:40 pm

Meant to say as big as Charlii's. lol X
mrskelly
mrskelly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy106 28th September 2015, 6:44 pm

The girls have said the same as I was going to say but have you seen other surgeons?  I've seen 4 altogether and 3 of the 4 said under the muscle was most suitable.  Only one suggested overs but I gather it was his prefered placement method.  Might be worth seeing others to set your mind at rest - even just a quick consult with a surgeon at somewhere like the Hospital Group - just to get a 2nd opinion!  If another suggests overs too then it'll set your mind at rest! xx
Lucy106
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 995

Back to top Go down

Post by mrskelly 28th September 2015, 7:02 pm

I might speak to my surgeon again and ask why he thinks overs are best for me. Then might think about asking elsewhere. Oh whys it all so confusing to me and all you girls know what your talking about. Lol xx
mrskelly
mrskelly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 28th September 2015, 7:24 pm

You're in a perfect position as you havent committed yet so now's the time to do your research! As you can imagine a lot of the decision making is down to the surgeon so be certain youve briefed him appropriately using photos of what you like and don't like and then be certain you absolutely trust him!

I had overs and was flat as a pancake before! Happy to share my photos of it's helpful. My aim was a natural result x
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy106 28th September 2015, 7:39 pm

Oh I've no idea what I'm talking about really - it's a minefield!! Xx
Lucy106
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 28th September 2015, 7:44 pm

Ha ha it is a minefield! I wish there was a way of seeing results before sewing you back up!! But getting lots of opinions is definitely key!x
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 28th September 2015, 7:45 pm

Different implants come in different sizes, even same implant different profile can come in different sizes, so you won't always get them in say, 25cc jumps. If you find out which implant he's using, you can normally find the catalogue online to see the ranges.
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by mrskelly 28th September 2015, 7:46 pm

Thanks mammamia, I also want the natural look. And the thing is I really like my ps and we just clicked straight away. He knows I do t want really big or to look out of proportion. He did show me a couple of pictures for what he thought I was looking for and they were all really nice. I do trust him totally. Is it normal to question everything and have doubts even though you know you really want this. Xx I'd love to see your pics as that's about the size I'm after and yours look lovely by the way xxxx
mrskelly
mrskelly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 28th September 2015, 7:49 pm

Sorry, re-read the question! A CC is a Centilitre, which is a constant measure. So regardless of the make, 340cc is 340cc. There can be a difference in shape dependant on the profile. Mine are xhp, so they have a small diameter and are 'tall', whereas a med profile would have a larger diameter and would be 'shorter'. Make more sense? Also, I'm pouting in my picture!
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by mrskelly 28th September 2015, 7:49 pm

thanks charlii, I don't know what I'd do with out this forum, think I'd just be sat pulling my hair out. Lol:Ok:
mrskelly
mrskelly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by emilysarahdodds 28th September 2015, 8:37 pm

Don't worry I came out of my consultation thinking of a million and one more questions and re asking the questions I already had when I emailed him again in a waffle haha, but being the true professional he was happen to talk things over again. Give him an email or call if possible to put your mind at peace xx
emilysarahdodds
emilysarahdodds
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 853

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 28th September 2015, 8:48 pm

I wouldn't say either placement effects how natural you look as there are pros and cons x
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

Post by mrskelly 28th September 2015, 8:48 pm

Thanks Emily, I'm writing out a list of everything I need to ask and will email tomorrow. X
mrskelly
mrskelly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy106 28th September 2015, 8:52 pm

I think it's normal to question everything - it's a big step. I've booked mine and I'm still questioning stuff and worrying whether I made the right choice or whether he is using the right implants for me etc.... I still have a million questions to challenge him on when I next see him in two weeks time. I guess that's part of the reason u have follow up appointments - so we can annoy them with all our niggles! We are paying them enough! X
Lucy106
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrskelly 28th September 2015, 9:01 pm

Yes Lucy your right, we do pay enough so I will certainly getting everything off my chest tomorrow. (Pun intended) thank you xx
mrskelly
mrskelly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 29th September 2015, 5:28 am

That's so true and is also the reason why most surgeons insist on 2 appointments before having the op so both of you are certain you're well informed and making the right decision for you! I'm message you Mrskelly
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrskelly 29th September 2015, 11:27 am

Just had a coverstaion with my Surgeon and feel a lot better
than I did yesterday. He really put my mind at ease.

So I am now offically booked in for my op. 29 December 2015. im so excited xx
mrskelly
mrskelly
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down