Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First consultation yesterday - confused!

+2
anneritchley
9NDFp
6 posters

Go down

First consultation yesterday - confused! Empty First consultation yesterday - confused!

Post by 9NDFp 24th March 2015, 7:28 am

Hi everyone! I'm relatively new to this forum, have been meaning to introduce myself for ages but in the mean time I have found so much valuable resource here! I've been thinking about having a BA for years, and now finally want to take the plunge, have saved up the money and been using this forum to research loads. I have 3 kids, aged 9, 6 and 2, and pre-kids my bust was a good B cup, now barely an A cup and very empty at that! I would like to go up to a full C cup - well I thought that at least would be possible until I had my very first consultation today. I went to see Norman Waterhouse at his private practice in Harley Street, and I took the consultation questions from this forum (hugely helpful thank you!!), asked him all the right questions about what type of implants he uses etc (Allergen 'soft touch' textured). I was there for a full hour as I had so many questions and he was happy to answer all of them. He measured me, examined me and then said that I would also need an uplift as my nipples are quite low down - I was not expecting that at all, and it has made me feel a bit down because that would mean extra scarring around the nipples and breast which I hadn't even contemplated. Also, the largest implant size he would give me is 140cc which is way smaller than I had anticipated. This is because he feels I've got quite a small narrow frame - point taken large boobs might look odd on me and I'm not wanting to go huge but I was imagining being able to go up by 2 cup sizes. He recommended under the muscle, which is what I'd anticipated too. Anyone else had similar recommendation?? I'm not wanting particularly large boobs but to get the fullness and shape back after kids, and go a bit bigger too (I'd like to fill a cup, I was b cup before kids and now an empty A.

I have got a second consultation booked at mybreast with Simon Withey on 1st May so I'm looking forward to hearing what he says, will be interesting to hear if he comes up with anything different. 
I'd been so excited about starting my boobie journey but now feel a bit deflated (pardon the pun!!).

Its great to say hi to you all 

Shona xx
p.s. I don't know how to change my username to something more personal than a jumble of numbers and letters, if anyone can tell me how that would be great!!
9NDFp
9NDFp
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 498

Back to top Go down

First consultation yesterday - confused! Empty Re: First consultation yesterday - confused!

Post by anneritchley 24th March 2015, 8:03 am

Hi and welcome, first of all it is very important to go and have a few consultations. One of which should be a BAAPS surgeon. It's quiet common for girls to have an uplift as well as a BA. The scars over time fade away so they are barely visible. It's also about getting the look that you want. It could be possible that with out an uplift your boobs will be no different to they are now but a tad bigger. I'd your nipples would still sit where they are now. Saying that, see what the other surgeons say. 140cc on such a small frame would make an impact. The smaller framed you are the further the cc goes. What are your stats? Someone with a bit more experiance than me will be along soon to advice you more. As for your username I think you can go into your profile and change that. Top of the screen. It's great to have you on here, and there is bundles of support here. Xxxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

First consultation yesterday - confused! Empty Re: First consultation yesterday - confused!

Post by Mammamia 24th March 2015, 8:48 am

Welcome! Sounds like you've done your research and great you're getting further opinions. All I would say is make sure you've briefed them appropiately....140cc would most likely take you to the c you want, but are you certain you and your surgeon know what a c is?!! Sounds silly but I would make sure you demonstate what you want using photos. You have a narrow width so more limited, but you could probably move to a higher profile implant, IF that's the look you want! Good luck!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 24th March 2015, 8:56 am

Yes exactly what mammamia said. Your idea of a C and the surgeons idea of a C maybe compleatly different. Take in some photos you like of boobs. Xx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 9NDFp 24th March 2015, 9:12 am

Thanks so much all! My stats are: 5ft 2, 8st 6lbs - size 8-10 clothes. I did take photos of boobs I liked vs ones I didn't, to give him clear idea of shape and look I am after. Round, natural shape - natural drop rather than sitting up high. When I look at myself naked I'm actually happy with position of my nipples, I think they look right and I might take some before pics so that maybe some of you could give your opinion too? That would really help I think! Also, he gave me 140 sizers to try in a b cup bra and white t shirt and I didn't think the projection was quite big enough, very very subtle. My next consult (at mybreast this time) is on 1st May and then I might book another while I'm there to get a third opinion. It's a minefield! Shona xxx
9NDFp
9NDFp
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 24th March 2015, 9:34 am

Yes a good idea to start a trail. That's a long wait for a consultation ? The reason we see other surgeons is because we get different opinions. Make sure it's a surgeon and not a nurse. It sounds like you are clued up though. Also to look at other picture trails is a good idea xx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zum_Boobs 24th March 2015, 10:23 am

Yes, take actual pictures of the sort of boobs you want. Saying a particular size is rather objective, in my mind hearing DD sounds BIG and yet when I was a natural DD, I didn't think they looked that big at all on me.. I'm natural broad athletic so the volume seems to be more spread. Its good you're seeing more than one surgeon though, May seems quite a while to wait for a consultation. Best of luck hun =) xx
Zum_Boobs
Zum_Boobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 338

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 24th March 2015, 1:24 pm

It's a bit of a wait but probsbly proves he's good and in demand! Great you took photos! If they seemed too small when you tried sizers definitely seek other opinions! Do you know what profile he recommended for you and did he mention what your breast width measured? x
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 9NDFp 24th March 2015, 2:34 pm

Hi again! The surgeon didn't mention a specific profile as by that point I think he could tell that I wasn't taken with the idea of having a lift and very small implants. But I can go back to him anytime to ask more questions which is good. I think he said my breast width was 9.5 - I'm guessing that's inches? Does that sound v narrow to you mammamia? And good point re my idea of a C cup vs his idea - I'd not thought this could be subjective. I guess I want a full looking bust that is in proportion with / right for my frame. I like the shape of my breasts but just want them filled out and bouncy like when I was preg / when 'the milk came in' lol!! I so wish I'd got my husband to take pics back then cos I loved my boobs back then ha ha! But they must have been 2 cup sizes bigger than they are now, and that's what I'd be happy with as opposed to empty deflated chest I now have. I've bought some of those '2 cup sizes bigger' bras to wear for a few weeks which gives me good idea size but obviously doesn't relate to CCs! And yes the reason I've got to wait till May for next consultation is I've chosen a very busy surgeon - that's the only time he can fit me in cos I live in Brighton and had to fit a trip up to London between school run hours and work :-0. Thanks so much all, your advice is brilliant xxx
9NDFp
9NDFp
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 24th March 2015, 4:44 pm

Absolutely get a few more consultations under your belt, so you can get an average for what they are suggesting. One surgeon may say small implant and lift, another may think the droop isn't so bad and can fix it with a different type of implant. 

There's a few girls that come through here who see their first consultation and are shocked and a little upset to hear they might need a lift too, so you're not alone there. But remember, they're only advising what's best for your body. 

A 140 may be enough to take you up a few sizes if you're that tiny. I had 340 and went up 6cups, so about 56cc per cup, but that will be different on every girl. Fewer cc's go further on smaller girls. And the above is right, a) on what you think is a C and what actually is a C, and b) on what you think is a C and what your surgeon thinks is a C. Go by shape and look than cup. If you do have your pics of your big milky boobs and like that, take that with you to show the surgeon! Also, I'd recommend getting fitted pre op, so there's fewer surprises (I went in thinking I'd come out 36C, was in the wrong band, fit 32E). If you can get to a Boux Avenue or John Lewis, they're pretty good for fitting. If not, look here for an at home guide. The site is run by one of our own, so we can vouch for it! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by EmzH 24th March 2015, 5:05 pm

Hi hun. I'm looking at 300CCs to go from 32B to hopefully a full C/small D. Size 6, 5ft 6in & about 8st. Going back to see my surgeon in two weeks as i'm not sure if they're too big. Your surgeon must think that 140 is suitable for what you want but like so many people say everyone's totally different so worth finding out the reason why he said no bigger than 140 x
EmzH
EmzH
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 334

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 24th March 2015, 6:12 pm

9.5 is your breast width in cm's. The surgeon then choosing an implant size to match this width. 9.5 is in the smaller end of the scale, but doesn't matter as like Charli says, cc's go a lot further in smaller ladies! If you like your look in the 2 sizes bigger bras lots of girls have worn these to consultations and said make me look like this!

You may find you have lots of great surgeons closer to home if you want to avoid further travel for your consultations. Have a look at the spire in hove and Nuffield in brighton as both offer ba's. Also the mcindoe in East grinstead....if it's easier for you!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 24th March 2015, 6:43 pm

You can always head to the BAAPS website to look for surgeons in your area too. Commercial clinics like the hospital group have free consultations direct with a surgeon too, they'll have a local clinic. You don't have to use them, just get an opinion.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by 9NDFp 24th March 2015, 7:58 pm

Thanks Charlii! No sadly I haven't got any pics from preg/post preg I'm gutted I didn't do that even though it crossed my mind at the time, I remember clearly thinking I wish my boobs always looked like that. Yep maybe 140cc is right for me, so I'm really interested to hear what the other PSs say. Will check out BAAPS website:-)
EmzH - yes he was adamant that was the r
ight size and no bigger due to all the measurements he took of me. 
Mammamia that's a good idea I'll take one of those bras with me to next appt! For sure. And thanks for suggestion re my local clinics I keep forgetting there's a spire just down the road! And the nuffield - I just haven't heard of any of the surgeons there yet - though looks like you had someone called Brian Tanner at Spire - was that the one in Hove? I live in Hove so that's super convenient! 
Thanks so much for all great advice and support :-) xx
9NDFp
9NDFp
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 24th March 2015, 9:19 pm

Yes I had Brent tanner, I had all my consultants and post op appointments at hove but I had the actual op at spite tunbridge wells as the date I needed he was booked in there. The hive one is lovely though, like a boutique hotel! When I had my op he offered free consultations so worth enquiring. But i tonight noticed his website wasn't working so not sure what's going on there. But the details of his secretary will be on the spire website so maybe ask if he still offers free consultations! You don't need to go with him but another opinion is always handy! He's in hove every other Tuesday.
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down