Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surgeon says Scar Creams waste of money

+4
charms
FLOWER11
COOKIE
Gilly
8 posters

Go down

Surgeon says Scar Creams waste of money Empty Surgeon says Scar Creams waste of money

Post by Gilly 6th May 2011, 8:10 am

Hi all

I just had my 6 week check following my uplift and implant. Surgeon very happy with my boobies and says i can now wear a normal bra and resume normal gym activities....yippee so excited.

I asked him about scar creams and he said that they are a waste of money and its only time that will heal the scars. Im dying to use something and was just wondering if anyone else's surgeon said the same or advised of any creams or if anyone has used anything that they feel have helped them.

Thanks
Gilly
Gilly
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 27

Back to top Go down

Surgeon says Scar Creams waste of money Empty Re: Surgeon says Scar Creams waste of money

Post by COOKIE 6th May 2011, 8:45 am

I suppose like so many things, different surgeons have a differing view on recovery.

I was advised to used Bio-oil from 6 weeks post-op, from 12 weeks post-op I was advised to use Cica-Care silicone gel sheets, in all honesty, I found no change in my scarring from using Bio-oil, the silicone sheets however did help to flatten out my scars.

I would however if you intend to use anything on your scars just check with your surgeon or clinic nurse and tell them that although you unserstand they don't feel any need for any scar healing methods, this is something you'd actually like to try and are your scars healed enough for you to try them now as well as using moisurisers on them?.

It's just best to check sweetie, my scars were checked to be fully healed before I got the OK, I wouldn't like to advise you to just use things on your scars without getting the all clear for YOUR healing hunni. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Surgeon says Scar Creams waste of money Empty Re: Surgeon says Scar Creams waste of money

Post by Gilly 6th May 2011, 9:41 am

Thanks for replying hun. He said my scars are very flat and wont need anything. Im using bio oil just now but will ask if i can use anything else.

big hugs x

ps i would lov to see some pics of other ladies uplift scars how do you become an active member ? x
Gilly
Gilly
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 6th May 2011, 12:53 pm

Gilly wrote:ps i would lov to see some pics of other ladies uplift scars how do you become an active member ? x

Just keep posting sweetness, as long as you're an 'active' member in the breast augmentation sections of the forum, it doesn't take long before you become an active member here. This is at the Admins discrection though and nothing to do with how many posts you have hunni, when the admin feel you've become a part of this forum, your status will change. Surgeon says Scar Creams waste of money 184153 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by FLOWER11 6th May 2011, 5:19 pm

I just had my 5 wk follow yesterday and my doc like cookies said I could use the silicone gel sheets..or anything else... I come from a hispanic back round and all my aunts are already suggesting good creams from mexico lol doc said im ok to try anything i want since im all healed..but all docs are different...im just excited to have boobs!
FLOWER11
FLOWER11
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 655

Back to top Go down

Post by charms 6th May 2011, 6:13 pm

you know this is so funny i was just at the store looking at scar cream stuff and it was SO EXPENSIVE and i was just thinking, this really looks like a huge waste of money......!! they didn't have any bio-oil. // i might have tried the mederma as ive heard people like it but it was like $20 for a little tiny tube. // my dr said i dont need anything, he didn't advise anything, but i would like to use something though, and i was just about to ask people this very exact question..

my scars are real flat and soft, but just a little pink. even just vitamin e was pretty expensive. i was pretty surprised i dont remember it being that expensive. // shrug
charms
charms
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly7713 7th May 2011, 11:50 am

I have had an uplift with 390 unders and I used bio oil after 6 weeks but found it made me spotty and rashy. I am now using a vit e cream but to be honest hun apart from keeping them moisterised I havn't found either to do much for the scars. My vertical scars and crease scars are great but around the areolas are still quite pink and thick and I am 12 weeks po now.

Your surgeon knows best hun so maybe you should follow his advice. Good luck xx
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 631

Back to top Go down

Post by Malibu 7th May 2011, 11:54 am

I have been using E45 cream on my uplift scar, but I honestly don't know if it is helping or if it is just time that is healing them up. I suppose it doesn't hurt to try! I tend to get dry skin anyway from wearing support bras all the time so at least it helps with that.
Malibu
Malibu
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 91

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 7th May 2011, 5:34 pm

ive been using silicone scar sheets for about 2 weeks now and already i feel like theyre less red and noticeable
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by kaboobie 8th May 2011, 5:52 pm

I use Dermatix, I think its called, its the only 1 my Surgeon said is actually proven to help the scars.
kaboobie
kaboobie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly 9th May 2011, 6:20 am

Kaboobie

Where do you get that cream Dermatix ??

Flower,

We are off to mexico to get married in September can your auntie suggest any cream that would be good to buy when over there.

Thanks girls for all your replies much appreciated. x
Gilly
Gilly
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kaboobie 11th May 2011, 10:17 pm

I bought mine at my PS office.
I will google it and find out where else you can buy it, what country are you in?
kaboobie
kaboobie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kaboobie 11th May 2011, 10:21 pm

found this , a person from UK comments on it
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
and here is the site in the UK to buy it (since most of you are from over that way) :o)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

hope this helps xoxox
kaboobie
kaboobie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down