Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waste of time

+11
janeybird
COOKIE
pinkbabe
dervla1
Funkygirl
Jessica
BoobiePrize
misf1
natalia
littlewisher
Hshaw1
15 posters

Go down

Waste of time Empty Waste of time

Post by Hshaw1 19th July 2010, 4:13 pm

I called up Harley medical group regarding my implant size,asked what the process was about changing or talking to the surgeon about changing my implant size. I was told that my surgeon only goes up 2 sizes from what you are already.
I asked to be a D or DD but by going on what she says I shall be a C I have asked to see the surgeon to clarify this, but she only gave me a slot the day before my op. She also made it very clear that I quote

" your implant size probably won't change but Its just for reassurance"

I have previously been told that they have to order the implants in, so surly the day before the op will be too late.

I can't help but feel I am being mugged off.

Is it to much to ask to see the surgeon regarding my implant size, considering I wasn't given any choice in size, I was just told that was the size I would have almost like that's all he has ever used.

Sorry for the rant but I can't help my feel **naughty word** about it all.
I just wanted reassurance that 365 cc would make me the size I want.
Hshaw1
Hshaw1
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Waste of time Empty Re: Waste of time

Post by littlewisher 19th July 2010, 4:19 pm

Im not sure about Harley medical group because i didnt go with them i went with a local private hospital, but on the day of my surgery my surgeon thought we had agreed on 360 when it was actually 400's. He still put the 400's in so they must have had different sizes in. I would make sure you discuss the size you want and make sure he knows exactly what you want because its the most important part of the op really. Hope everything goes ok for you and i dont know if your having overs or unders but i think a 365 would make you around a D cup probably maybe even bigger depends on each person xxx
littlewisher
littlewisher
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 975

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 19th July 2010, 4:37 pm

i was told my transform who i went with that if i wasnt happy with my size that i was welcome to come down and try and try again and again until i was happy
im sorry to have to say this but what is it with the harley medical??
yes u have the right to see your surgeon b4 the surgery and i say b4 isnt right dont let them treat u like this xxxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 19th July 2010, 6:06 pm

I know with the standard implants they will probably have quite a few in stock (as with most companies they buy in bulk) I went with Transform and I could have changed my mind on the day of my op as my surgeon offered to go through the sizes again with me. It's not very nice for you to only be able to see your surgeon before the op and strange of them to say you can only go 2 sizes bigger. The amount of cc they use can't really be a guide on what cup size you will be. It may take you up 2 sizes or they could take you up 4.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by BoobiePrize 19th July 2010, 7:19 pm

Can they not let you have a phone call with your surgeon, that's what I did to decide my final size and placement...
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3231

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 19th July 2010, 7:29 pm

The company I went with ordered in 3 different sizes and I decided for sure on the day of the op. I agree with nat - what is it with HMG that they seem to want to make things difficult for people? It's your body hun, your money. If you are not happy with the size, ask to see another surgeon who will give you the size you want. Do not compromise. xxx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 19th July 2010, 7:36 pm

Sorry to hear this hun, you should be going into surgery fully confident and happy with EVERTHING, this is just not good enough, you are paying good money and you should be able to see your ps as many times as you want. I saw mine twice and spoke to him a few times (both on the phone and email) before my op.

I would speak to your ps before your op day about any reservations you may have or any Qs you want to ask, I went into my op fully confident and happy and so should you.

Good luck! x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Post by dervla1 19th July 2010, 7:37 pm

Have you shopped around? I had 4 consultations before I decided on which surgeon to go with. You certainly don't seem too happy with Harley med group. What if you had complications or worries after surgery, is this the way you would be treated? Not good enough! You are paying dearly for this so you need to be sure you are getting what you want. Try to be a bit more assertive, demand to see your surgeon sooner and in the meantime shop around. Good luck x
dervla1
dervla1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 221

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 19th July 2010, 8:08 pm

dervla1 wrote:Have you shopped around? I had 4 consultations before I decided on which surgeon to go with. You certainly don't seem too happy with Harley med group. What if you had complications or worries after surgery, is this the way you would be treated? Not good enough! You are paying dearly for this so you need to be sure you are getting what you want. Try to be a bit more assertive, demand to see your surgeon sooner and in the meantime shop around. Good luck x

If it's HMG they have probably already had a deposit and to shop around now would mean the OP would lose her deposit. This is one thing I really don't agree about with this company, lots of women don't realise this is not how it usually works with other companies so they happily pay the deposit and are tied in.

I don't think this is an insurmountable problem hun - I agree you should be more assertive and demand to discuss this with your surgeon before your op, and if you don't get a satisfactory response then demand to have your op with a different surgeon. xxx

Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 19th July 2010, 10:12 pm

I wouldnt be happy if I were you either. Its your money and your body and if you want to see your surgeon then you should be able to. I would ring them up again and demand to see your surgeon, if they are difficult remind them that you are paying them for a service which they are not giving you! I really annoys me when companys treat their patients like this!! xx
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 20th July 2010, 7:23 am

I'm afraid I'd be willing to forfiet the deposit and go with a company that has 'MY' best interests at heart and not their own!

Do not have this surgery until YOU are completely satisfied with what you are getting Hshaw1.

I'm sure you're more than aware that breast augmentation is a big decision and you're paying a lot of money to get what YOU want from this surgery, if you're not happy don't go through with it until you are hun.

I'm sure I read that our lovely Sally here forfieted her deposit and ended up going elsewhere after not being comfortable with her care either. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by janeybird 20th July 2010, 9:21 am

I have heard the same about Harley they talked my friend out of going bigger and she has since had a re op with Transform
janeybird
janeybird
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 1256

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieMc85 20th July 2010, 9:28 am

Hi,

I think that you will get your D cup or DD's with a 365 implant, but then everyone is different.

I would call them again and ask to speak to the manager. Tell them that you are not happy and want to see the surgeon earlier and that the day before your op is not good enough.

I think that you need to kick up a stink and let them know that you're not going to roll over and take it.

My friend went with HMG and was very happy with them. She had 350 unders going from an A cup to a D.

I was a 32B and was told to get 345's for a D-DD cup so I'm sure you'll be fine. However, you should be going into surgery feeling happy and confident, not worrying!

Good luck

Marie

xxx
MarieMc85
MarieMc85
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3555

Back to top Go down

Post by georgie 20th July 2010, 10:08 am

Hello Hshaw1

I was an 32A cup before my first BA and i had 260cc that took me to a large 32C cup. I had my second BA with the HMG and had 450cc that took me to an E cup. Just had my third BA yesterday (because of PIPs) had 525cc have hopefully taken me to a 32F. I would think that 365cc would prob take you to where you want to be but everyone is different and i also would also probably lose my deposit and go with someone who was interested in what i want. The HMG havent been great for the aftercare for me personally, they didnt care about my worries or fears over PIPs. I would seriously think carefully before making a final decision.

Good luck.xxxxx
georgie
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 114

Back to top Go down

Post by Hshaw1 20th July 2010, 10:44 am

Thank you all for your replies, I will call them today and get it sorted. I have already paid the full amount so won't be able to change company, but I'll demand to see the surgeon, I called yesterday, but I keep going straight to their head office, not the local clinic that is dealing with my case. I hope that the 365cc will get me to the size I want, but I refuse to be bypassed by idiot members of staff, I want to speak to my surgeon direct, if not face to face.

Anyway thank you again for all your help and words of wisdom, really helps calm me down.

Much love x x
Hshaw1
Hshaw1
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 20th July 2010, 11:14 am

let us know how u get on hun i hate them nurses and receptionist their so arrogant xxxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 20th July 2010, 12:07 pm

i wasnt really given a choice on size implant, but that is because i had hardly any breast tissue etc, at end of day i trusted my surgeon, an went with it, if your not happy or confident demand to be re assured or change surgeons xx
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2697

Back to top Go down

Post by chicksville 20th July 2010, 2:22 pm

Harley was one of the companies I was looking to speak to but just based on what I have read I don't think I'll bother. I know that evryone has different experiences but that has really put me off.
chicksville
chicksville
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1694

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 20th July 2010, 4:24 pm

georgie wrote:Hello Hshaw1

I was an 32A cup before my first BA and i had 260cc that took me to a large 32C cup. I had my second BA with the HMG and had 450cc that took me to an E cup. Just had my third BA yesterday (because of PIPs) had 525cc have hopefully taken me to a 32F. I would think that 365cc would prob take you to where you want to be but everyone is different and i also would also probably lose my deposit and go with someone who was interested in what i want. The HMG havent been great for the aftercare for me personally, they didnt care about my worries or fears over PIPs. I would seriously think carefully before making a final decision.

Good luck.xxxxx

If you did decide to cancel hun I'm sure you don't lose the entire amount, I think however they keep a £500 consultation fee, but if you're not happy ask babe!

I'd personally rather lose £500 now than risk the possibility of not being happy after surgery, then possibly having to have a re-op at the extra cost of a further £4,000 +

Make sure you get the inforamtion you require 'before' your surgery hun. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down