Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long to revover?

+2
jay1983
Secretsal
6 posters

Go down

How long to revover? Empty How long to revover?

Post by Secretsal 11th April 2011, 7:10 pm

I know this is a little bit like, "how long is a piece of string?" but I need advice and opinion about recovery time.
I am planning my uplift with implants and need to sort surgery day to co- odinate with hubby taking some time off.
How long will need him to b home for? Its worth mentioning we have 3 young kids, 3 dogs and all the madness that they involve. Hubby works away Mon to Fri so I am home and in charge the maority of the time. I DO have other support but it's in laws and you and I both know that although they say it's fine......., is it really ??????
So do I schedule my op for say a Thursday? Then he can be home at weekend. Should I try to get him to have the following week off? Is that enough? Or too much?
At what point did you all feel you were able to manage daily life?
I know we're all different but some rough outline of your experiences would be really helpful.
Thanks xx :flowers:
Secretsal
Secretsal
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

How long to revover? Empty Re: How long to revover?

Post by jay1983 11th April 2011, 8:44 pm

The thurs option sounds good and I'd say you'd def need him there the following week. It was 2 weeks before I was comfortable moving around and there is no way you could walk dogs on leads or anything for the first 6 weeks. x
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Post by Malibu 11th April 2011, 8:55 pm

Hi Secretsal, I had overs and an uplift just on one side to even out.
I'd say after 10 days I was feeling ok to get up and move about and do things for myself, but I did get tired easily.
I think it's the sleeping on your back all the time propped up that does it, you don't get enough sleep because it's uncomfy and that's what makes you tired and weak. I had no pain whatsoever - a bit of aching at most.
I think at least 2 weeks to be handling day to day life again and even then if you over do it you'll know about it.
I've over done it a few times already and it's hard to judge but be sensible. Surgeons say no lifting for a reason...though sometimes it just cannot be helped!

Best of Luck!
Malibu
Malibu
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 91

Back to top Go down

Post by Malibu 11th April 2011, 8:58 pm

I'll also edit to say that it's not like you're bed ridden for 10 days, it's just that little things like opening a window or getting your cereal bowl out of the cuboard in the morning or...and this was very annoying in my house! People kept turning the bathroom light out when I'd asked them a million times to leave it on because I couldn't reach the switch! haha

Also when i was on my own all day at the one week mark I had a dressing gown on and I was getting really hot. I could take it off just fine but getting it back on was a struggle. So I just left it on the whole day and sat by the fan. When there's a will there's a way!
Malibu
Malibu
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 91

Back to top Go down

Post by charms 11th April 2011, 9:31 pm

i can tell you for sure i only had a lift.. but the first four five days, i couldnt do -anything-. couldnt even open my own pill bottles the first day or two. im a very strong person but i honestly needed help doing really simple things like brushing my own hair for the first couple days. // additionally mentally i was really out of it and it was hard to get good sleep... had a hard time remembering little things. whether i had taken my meds or not, and instructions given me by dr etc.

really was very much happy to have help with a lot of very tiny little things at least the first 4 - 5 days!!! youve got your kids to help you reach/carry stuff so that might help. but i would plan on 4-5 days to a week needing basic help. i agree with malibu its the little things ^^ one time i forgot i left my jar of honey on top of the fridge and it was pretty funny and pathetic standing in the kitchen by myself trying to figure out how to get my honey for my tea.. ^^ you can get stuck on some pretty simple stuff. //

charms
charms
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by lola_blsk 11th April 2011, 10:08 pm

I'd say 10 days hun. Are u havving overs or unders? I walked my 1 dog (a chihuahua) by myself on day 6 but in all honesty I felt uncomffortable after and I was tensing up where I was expectin something to happen....

I'm 21days post op and I only just lifted my 2 year old nephew! I did have a few ouchy twinges but nothing. Too painful.... But I do still get a bit achy at night if I do too much in the day... I had 7 days off work (I only work in an office and I had overs) but I coiuld of done with a few more days off! Luckily I live with my parents so one of them was always with me for the first week (I couldn't do anything for myself as I wasn't allowed to lift my arms for 2 weeks or lifet anything heavier than a laptop)

Hope that helps huni xxxxx
lola_blsk
lola_blsk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 12th April 2011, 8:18 am

I think the timescale you and your hubby are thinking of will be enough sweetness.

How old are your little ones?

For sure you'll need someone to help with the little one 24/7 at least for the first week, more so for them than for you.

You'll be OK hun, but you will be weak and you will be uncomfortable for a while.

When you're hubby returns to work, if you can't find anyone to help walk the the dogs, then the garden will just have to do for them, I have two mental cocker spaniels that have tons of energy, but they got used to using the garden until everything returned to normal.

The children are a different matter, if your children are very young, you 'may' need help for another week, I know asking the in-laws isn't something you want to do, but if you're still feeling a little weak and tired, for their safety, you might need to ask for a little help from them depending on how you feel, but prepare yourself for the possibility that you may need further help. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Secretsal 12th April 2011, 4:12 pm

Thanks girls. All really helpful.
My kids are 6 4 and almost 2 so young and a handful.
I think I will go for the thursday option. That way I get him home for the weekend then week thwn weekend. So thats 9 days in total. That could work? I will speak to clinic tomorrow and get it booked!
SOOOOO excited xx
Secretsal
Secretsal
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by charms 12th April 2011, 5:42 pm

omg yeah your kids are really young! definitely think nine days will be good!

good luck!
charms
charms
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

Post by Secretsal 12th April 2011, 5:57 pm

OMG indeed! I think that most days. It s nearly wine oclock and the day gets much better then! :heehee:
Secretsal
Secretsal
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down