Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ok -bras - now im a little freaked out. // help??

4 posters

Go down

ok -bras - now im a little freaked out. // help??  Empty ok -bras - now im a little freaked out. // help??

Post by charms 10th April 2011, 4:15 am

OK so. I am really confused now.

To be honest I haven't bought a new bra in like 18 years, and even before then, I really pretty rarely even wore bras so I think I never really bought new bras then either... So I have absolutely no experience at all, shopping for bras. i honestly got my bras (like all my clothes) at thrift stores and just wore whatever fit, i never looked at the size.

So, they told me at the 1 week thing that I needed to buy an underwire bra to start encouraging the shape to round out on the bottom. (its a little flat now) he said i was a little 'wide' but didin't elaborate. i just accepted that for some reason that was the way i naturally was.

they had a bra in the office that fit me perfectly first time out. // he said, it was a 32 C.

so i went to like 5 stores and not a single bra fit me at all. i even went to victorias secret, nothing fit right. all the underwires are way to narrow for me now. when i have the wires wide enough, the cup is too large.

today i went to a special boutique that fits everyone. they had like two ladies working on me, we tried on like 30 bras and NOTHING FIT. they couldnt understand it either.

im really starting to get a little freaked. I have no idea if i was always like this, or.. im still more swelled than they thought.. or.. ??????????????

all the bra ladies were familiar with my dr and said he does great work and that he did a good job on me and i looked good. (which i also think) they couldnt understand either, why i seem to be such an unstandard shape.

im getting a little freaked right now, gonna go see the dr monday and try to figure out what is going on. i dont know what to think.

is anyone else here ever had trouble finding a bra that fits? i mean, like, a lot of trouble?

i felt like if this specialty store can't help me, im not sure where to go next. // starting to get a little freaked out. (not just cause i can't find a bra, but cause, i really dont want to be a non standard shape and am not sure why i am) HELP ! @@ if this is my natural shape/size im happy with it, thats all i wanted, but now im starting to get a litle freaked out. :<< also the ladies at the shop were very nice but they made my incisions bleed *cry*

charms
charms
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 318

Back to top Go down

ok -bras - now im a little freaked out. // help??  Empty Re: ok -bras - now im a little freaked out. // help??

Post by javajunkie001 10th April 2011, 5:13 am

Oh sweetheart. :console:
Here's what I think: you're only 10-days post op, so nothing will fit you now! Youare too swollen, and if your incisions are bleeding while you are shopping honey you don't have to go through that! Don't hurt yourself and don't suffer just to find a bra. You aren't healed enough yet.

I wore a stretchy, anti-microbial surgical bra which my PS gave me, from the time I left the hospital till the three-week post-op appointment when he said I could get other bras. I am thinking you ARE to swollen to really know yet what will fit you. Even after three weeks, the soft stretchy bras I had bought didn't fit right and made my incisions burn. It will take time to heal. For all of us.

Perhaps you could get some soft sport bras or wireless bras that don't have a defined "cup" for your boobs to fit into or fill. This is what I did and it is working for me. I am not going to attempt to find underwires or a cupped bra until it's been a few months. I have been undergoing so many changes, and am sure there are more to come, so I am holding off on the bras. This is probably true for you too, darling!

In the meantime, celebrate how good your new boobies look and what I great job your surgeon did! I am so happy to read that, thrilled for you sweetness!!! Stars
javajunkie001
javajunkie001
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 228

Back to top Go down

ok -bras - now im a little freaked out. // help??  Empty Re: ok -bras - now im a little freaked out. // help??

Post by charms 10th April 2011, 6:13 am

thanks JJ for my virtual hug ^^ Hug i needed that after a long day of fitting into the wrong bras which was depressing, tiring, and painful. // *sigh* i dont know maybe i am just having my scheduled freak out, i was wondering why i wasn't having any blues or depression like some people get, maybe this is just my standard time for that, like everyoine has to have it at least once i guess. just realy didn't anticipate any probs there and it was tiring and depressing to have things be so unexpectedly diffcult. :<<

he did do a lovely job, more importantly i have all my sensitivity which im real happy about.. i look wonderful in little clothes now which is cheering me up considerably and i feel quite nice. i was quite prepared to be happy if this was my normal size, but the whole not fitting into ANY bras has really sort of made me just feell, just a little strange and scared like somehow something didn't get communicated right.

you are right its very early... he said the underwire is part of his plan to get me in the right shape as i heal... i guess i just wont know until i talk with him on monday. // its funny how people's brains work, i was quite prepared to be happy as long as i wasn't comparing myself to anything, but not fitting itno ANY normal bra, has made me doubt myself !!! ^^ if i hadn't tried to go bra shopping i would have probably conitinued being pretty happy! :doh: either way im -done- bra shopping for now, not going through THAT again.. haha. gonna try to get some more detailed instructions asap.

thanks love & im glad you are ok from your early tumble with the dog walking! that would have totally freaked me out. // really glad you seem ok from that!!! Hug
charms
charms
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by javajunkie001 10th April 2011, 6:45 am

Sweetheart, I am sure you're right on track for where you need to be. I will tell you, after my surgery I felt okay till after 1 week mark, I think as all the meds were clearing out of my system. I don't know what it was but I cried and cried. I stressed over everything. I was sure I was the saddest person alive. Then week three hit and BAM! I felt like a new woman! I fell in love with my new boobs and my outlook on everything improved. Everyone told me (including my PS) that the emotions would do this, but when it was happening it didn't FEEL to me like it was the result of the surgery or the GA or the meds, it felt like REAL SADNESS and only when it lifted did I see that it was part of the cycle just like everyone had said. So believe it. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and the feeling is NORMAL. It is awful but it is normal.

What a long hard time you had bra shopping. You kind of have to, if your surgeon wants that underwire to support your boobs and help them heal a certain way. But do take a break so you're not bleeding and in pain while shopping, and honey relax. Likely the bras that will work now won't in the future.... Remember, some of the ladies' band sizes were bigger when they were swelling (mine was!) and your boobs are swollen from the surgery. I had swelling for three solid weeks. Maybe you can just get the comfiest bra you can, that supports, and then go back for more when you settle in a bit and are healed more.

I KNOW that you will find bras that fit. You will LOVE your shape! NONE of us are perfect and all our bras fit differently I promise. I have never been a good bra fitter! One side of my ribs is caved in over an inch deeper than the other. Try finding an underwire! Honey YOUR shape is the right shape, and don't let a bunch of bras make you question anything. ((((HUGS))))

Isn't fitting clothes so fun!!!! I am loving it too. It is worth it all!!!!

Thank you for remembering my tumble down the stairs! I can't believe I was okay after hanging my body weight out like that, but we girls must all be made of tough stuff. I am soooo careful now, I let Marley walk HIMSELF to the bottom and THEN I grab his leash. ha ha.

Hugs and kisses my lovely!!!! Keep us posted on how this is going. I know you're about to get all kinds of good advice from the ladies here. Xxxxxxxxx
javajunkie001
javajunkie001
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th April 2011, 8:15 am

For many of us wearing wired bras when we get the OK from our surgeons isn't an easy process so you're not alone hun ok -bras - now im a little freaked out. // help??  571992

I've just seen that you're also just 11 days post op. Your boobs will still be very high and
full on the upper pole, they will take some time yet to drop and
settle, filling out the lower pole hunni to get a 'proper fit' into your
bras. You're still very early days in your recovery hun

I found wired bras so uncomfortable! I had to start by wearing one for just an hour a day, I felt as you did that my boobs just weren't fitting them right, but gradually eased myself into then, the hour a day then went to two, then three and so on until I was comfortable enough to wear one for a whole day - I still find at the end of a full day I return back to the old faithful sportsbra that I once despised but now yearn for at the end of the day LOL.

Hope that's helped sweetness. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by charms 10th April 2011, 2:16 pm

thanks cookie Hug yes the wired bras were prety uncomfortable!! yes its only 11 days. the thing thats diffrent though is i have no implants.. //

its just a lift. // so.. i was hoping to retain as much as my normal size/projection as possible cause there wre no implants involved.. its weird i was really quite happy up until this time, had no problems or blues or really anything, jjust a little tired a few days ago.. i was happy as i felt this was as big as i could have hoped to be, with just a lift.

but all this weirdness with bra sizing is making my doubt myself.

i just woke up from a really really awful nightmare where i tried to go back to the office and ask them about it and they were super mean (i cant imagine them doing this really, theyve been super nice) but they thought i was blaming them or something and they wouldnt even talk to me at all. it was pretty awful. //

so what im freaking out about, is beause i seem to be a lot wider than 'normal', (apparently according to the bra sizing) that somehow they changed my shape/size in a way i didn't want. sigh. // this is because one lady made me try on a 'minizing' bra that was very wide and flat. so im freaked that they thought i wanted to be 'minimized' rather than just lifted. which i definitely didn't and i certainly told them that lots of times and they seemed to understand it.

i really dont kow whats happening, i dont know if im just having a freakout because of reaction to the meds (hardly needed any since the first 3-4 days) or lack of proper sleep or what. maybe hormones or something. i know everyone goes through some bluesy times and i really never did, so maybe this is just that. but this whole bra thing is -really- freaking me out and making me doubt myself. // when i put on clothes, i seem to be pretty much my normal size.. maybe a little bit smaller but i expected that a little. // so im really hoping and praying this is nothing and that when i talk to them, they tell me that =isn't= what they did, and that, this is really my normal shape/size and as big as i could have hoped to be. // thats all i wanted. *sigh* its weird how i really felt ok until i started comparing myself to 'normal' i guess thats always a recipe for disaster. //

on the good side i can definitely wear cute lil clothes and have all my sensation everywhere... i really wanted both of those things so im very happy with that.. // thanks a lot cookie .. Hug

and yes JJ i rememberd your fall! that would have TOTALLY freaked me out. im so glad you seem to be ok. !! definitely. Heart Hug

charms
charms
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by charms 10th April 2011, 2:25 pm

oh and JJ yes - one this i have REALLY learned from all this, is women are TOUGH AS NAILS. // i can't believe how tough and resilient women's bodies can be. // its very amazing ^^ thanks again for the encouragement. Heart
charms
charms
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th April 2011, 3:15 pm

Hmmmm... It's difficult for us to offer advice really as we have all had 'aumentations' with our surgery, you have had the breast reconstructed with an uplift only.

Do you think the uncomfortableness at just 11 days post op might be coming from your wound in the crease still being a little sensitive just now? rather than your breast being too wide? Maybe the sensation of wearing a wire this early might be causing this, due to the scarring from the full anchor lift?

I would presume just as with augmentation with an uplift also in the early days it's possible for boobs to look very odd shape until they've been given time to heal.

As you seem so concened and upset sweetheart and none of us here have the 'experience' to help you with this it might e best for you to contact your surgeon and ask his/her advice hun. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm 10th April 2011, 4:43 pm

When you speak to your surgeon why don't you find out what bra they had in his office, what brand/ where it's from? Seeing as that fitted best.
I'm not surprised you arent fitting very well in to bras this early post op but it will get better as your scars heal and swelling goes away, don't worry. If you're pleased with how they look now, it will only get better so be happy Hug
xx
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by charms 10th April 2011, 6:47 pm

When you speak to your surgeon why don't you find out what bra they had in his office, what brand/ where it's from? Seeing as that fitted best.

yah mrsm - thats my plan. // just gotta wait til tomorrow til they are open. if they have one that fits in the office i'll just get the brand and size and order it online if i have to. @@

Do you think the uncomfortableness at just 11 days post op might be coming from your wound in the crease still being a little sensitive just now? rather than your breast being too wide?

hey cookie Hug well.. it wasn't just uncomfortable (which it really was for sure) its that, you know if a bra 'fits' supposedly the wire will reach all the way to the edge of your breasts on the side.. you know enclose them completely.. and mine stuck out further a good inch or more. the wire didn't even come close to enclosing them completely and it was very visibile. (and definitely painful) that certainly could be due to early swellling or shape weirdness = so hopefully the dr will tell me more.

I would presume just as with augmentation with an uplift also in the early days it's possible for boobs to look very odd shape until they've been given time to heal.

yeah i totally think so too..... thats a very sensible thing to think. its just like usual this stuff always happens on a friday afternoon and now i have to wait all through the weekend before i can talk with them!

i do feel better after a good sleep and even, they seem rounder this morning, they are very certainly still changing shape. just gonna give them the ol' call in the morning. im certain this is just my scheduled freakout #1 i think everyone has to have one and i had'nt had mine yet. // maybe it took a little longer for the meds to hit me or something. i guess i should have expected problems fitting bras this early it was just a shock after the first one they put on me in the office seemed fine... // and made me worry as i wasn't expecting that at all and couldnt figure out why it would happen. so.. thanks guys very much... Hug i can call them tomorrow morning and then i will know.

charms
charms
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down