Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freaked out by Incision Scars!

+5
misf1
mizzpink23
Jessica
COOKIE
Lynnie
9 posters

Go down

Freaked out by Incision Scars! Empty Freaked out by Incision Scars!

Post by Lynnie 24th April 2010, 1:34 pm

Hi ladies.

Yesterday I noticed that one of my incision scars was really painful. Not sure if it's because I wore a new sports bra all day and think it rubbed a bit. Anyway, I took off the steri strips and thought maybe they could do with a bit of air. I had a proper look with a mirror and I couldn't believe how awful they looked! Shocked I thought they'd be fairly tidy but my skin looks all puckered and pulled. The left one is definitely worse than the right but both don't look right to me. I'm sure I've not seen anyone else's photos of scars looking so awful :tears:

I'm gonna post a couple of pics below to save asking anyone to wade through all my photos again but I'd be really grateful if you'd have a look and let me know if I should be worried? Thanks.

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Lynnie
Lynnie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 546

Back to top Go down

Freaked out by Incision Scars! Empty Re: Freaked out by Incision Scars!

Post by Lynnie 24th April 2010, 1:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Lynnie
Lynnie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnie 24th April 2010, 1:36 pm

Please click on website link to see pics. I couldn't paste the photos on. Thank you xxx
Lynnie
Lynnie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th April 2010, 1:41 pm

They look great to me Lynnie! You're very early post-op babe and still have a lot of the healing process to go through, in a couple of weeks time you'll see so much improvement hun! On your next visit to clinic ask if you can start massaging your scars with Bio-oil, when you do that, you'll really start to see the scar flatten out too.

You have no worries at all hun Hug
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 24th April 2010, 1:43 pm

Hey hun,

I just had a look and they do look a bit pulled about and painful so I hope you're OK. It might be a couple of undissolved stitches causing problems for you, I had one and it was quite painful and caused a bit of a pucker at one end of my scar. I think your PS is the first point of reference here, give him a ring or go to see your PC if you're worried.

Hope you get it sorted hun!

Jess xx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzpink23 24th April 2010, 2:02 pm

yes hun, i think they do look quite pulled and painful, i would ring your ps incase you worried xx
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2048

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 24th April 2010, 4:00 pm

I didn't even see my scars at this stage so can't compare. I wouldn't worry though as you are really early days. Puckering is normal and incision pain is also pretty normal. Just wait until they scab over and itch, drove me mad lol. I'm sure they will settle given time, it takes a few weeks and months hun. They will get better.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 24th April 2010, 4:19 pm

hope they do get better hun they do look abit pulled apart but it is early days they itch like mad to lol so you got to look forward to
xxxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th April 2010, 4:30 pm

I just came to back to offer you a little more reassurance Lynnie - Not everyones incision lines will start off perfectly flat and pretty, mine didn't and a lot of other ladies are the same. From what I can see you have nothing to be concerned about Lynnie, your scars are clean and look good, they may be a little raised but for 11 days post-op that's fine hunni, it's also normal to suffer some discomfort from the bra band, so might be worthwhile putting some kind of cushion in between band and scar. But don't be freaked out Lynnie, my scars from my 1st BA were honestly so much worse than yours babe and they flattened out beautifully to an almost invisible line. xxxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnie 24th April 2010, 9:04 pm

natalia wrote:hope they do get better hun they do look abit pulled apart but it is early days they itch like mad to lol so you got to look forward to
xxxx

Thanks Natalia and misf1, so glad to know I've got that to look forward to! Hysterical My sports bras are already driving me mad!!

xxx
Lynnie
Lynnie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnie 24th April 2010, 9:08 pm

cookie wrote:I just came to back to offer you a little more reassurance Lynnie - Not everyones incision lines will start off perfectly flat and pretty, mine didn't and a lot of other ladies are the same. From what I can see you have nothing to be concerned about Lynnie, your scars are clean and look good, they may be a little raised but for 11 days post-op that's fine hunni, it's also normal to suffer some discomfort from the bra band, so might be worthwhile putting some kind of cushion in between band and scar. But don't be freaked out Lynnie, my scars from my 1st BA were honestly so much worse than yours babe and they flattened out beautifully to an almost invisible line. xxxx

Cookie, thank you Hug I was relieved when I first read your reply but then started to worry when I saw what some of the other girls think! :pale:

I think what I'm going to do is email my PS with the photographs and just ask her what she thinks. At least then it'll be her telling me that it's ok, but I won't (hopefully) have the inconvenience of having to drive all to way to see her unnecessarily.

Have got my steri strips back on and feel a bit more comfortable, I'm definitely going to try cushioning the bottom of the bra though, thanks. Just hope it doesn't fall out in the middle of the supermarket :teehee:

xxx
Lynnie
Lynnie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 24th April 2010, 9:19 pm

they did me couldnt wait to get out of them after 6 weeks lol
xxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzpink23 24th April 2010, 10:03 pm

lynnie i didnt mean to worry you hun, i just meant if you were that worried then maybe phone your surgeons office and she could put your mind at ease.i had my scars coverd for two weeks so i never saw what mine looked like till they were properly healed.i feel bad now ,i really didnt mean to worry you xxx
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by eastla 25th April 2010, 7:56 pm

Hey hun

They do look fairly raised, but then I didn't see mine until over 3 weeks as I didn't want to look!! One of mine was fairly lumpy but I was allowed to massage with bio oil and I saw big changes in under a week. Freaked out by Incision Scars! 184153

If your sports bra has been rubbing then that could have made them look more swollen then they really are, as the others have said get some padding in their between the band of your sports bra and if you are really concerned then give your PS a call.

xx
eastla
eastla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 803

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 26th April 2010, 1:23 pm

Awwww Lynnie don't worry hun, the scars look perfectly normal to me (I'm comparing them to others I have seen). I think some people have scars that are flat and others have them raised at the beginning. I'm sure with time they will become more flat hun, but like the girls have said there is no harm in ringing the clinic or emailing them a photo to check it's all okay.

I didn't see my scars properly for about 2 and a half weeks hun, i'm bit squeemish so I got my mum to massage mine for the first week as I was too scared to touch them. I also covered mine with steri strips for the first few weeks, I found it really hard to part with them!

I'm sure with time they will become flatter and less swollen hun Freaked out by Incision Scars! 571992 x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnie 26th April 2010, 6:56 pm

mizzpink23 wrote:lynnie i didnt mean to worry you hun, i just meant if you were that worried then maybe phone your surgeons office and she could put your mind at ease.i had my scars coverd for two weeks so i never saw what mine looked like till they were properly healed.i feel bad now ,i really didnt mean to worry you xxx

That's OK. I think I probably should have left my steri strips alone. I've now put some new ones on and am going to leave them there for a while! They aren't hurting today though so that's a relief!

x
Lynnie
Lynnie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnie 26th April 2010, 6:58 pm

Funkygirl wrote:Awwww Lynnie don't worry hun, the scars look perfectly normal to me (I'm comparing them to others I have seen). I think some people have scars that are flat and others have them raised at the beginning. I'm sure with time they will become more flat hun, but like the girls have said there is no harm in ringing the clinic or emailing them a photo to check it's all okay.

I didn't see my scars properly for about 2 and a half weeks hun, i'm bit squeemish so I got my mum to massage mine for the first week as I was too scared to touch them. I also covered mine with steri strips for the first few weeks, I found it really hard to part with them!

I'm sure with time they will become flatter and less swollen hun Freaked out by Incision Scars! 571992 x x

Thanks FG, I'm going to ignore them and not look for a while now they've stopped hurting! Hopefully they'll have improved by the time I look again!

xx
Lynnie
Lynnie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnie 26th April 2010, 7:00 pm

eastla wrote:Hey hun

They do look fairly raised, but then I didn't see mine until over 3 weeks as I didn't want to look!! One of mine was fairly lumpy but I was allowed to massage with bio oil and I saw big changes in under a week.

xx

Hi hun

When were you able to start to massage them? I had my dressings removed at 1 week and the steri strips were replaced. I don't see anyone until I see my PS at 5 ot 6 weeks. Surely I don't have to wait as long as that do I?

Thanks x
Lynnie
Lynnie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzpink23 26th April 2010, 7:55 pm

Lynnie wrote:
mizzpink23 wrote:lynnie i didnt mean to worry you hun, i just meant if you were that worried then maybe phone your surgeons office and she could put your mind at ease.i had my scars coverd for two weeks so i never saw what mine looked like till they were properly healed.i feel bad now ,i really didnt mean to worry you xxx

That's OK. I think I probably should have left my steri strips alone. I've now put some new ones on and am going to leave them there for a while! They aren't hurting today though so that's a relief!

x

well im pleased to hear it lynnie, just give them a bit of time to settle down and then they will be fine Freaked out by Incision Scars! 184153 xx
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by katie 26th April 2010, 9:46 pm

Hi Lynnie

You are v clever doing the pics this way, saves so much time!

I think they look fine, my strips never came off for over ten days, and your scars look TINY to me and I am sure mine prob looked like this before strips fell away,, when they did it is a bit of a shock, mine were bit red and lumpy but crikey do they heal up quick, just don't mess about with them too much, the stitches need to dissolve and mine itched like hell which is a good sign..

hope this helps , if you want to see my pics/scars just pm me..
katie
katie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1454

Back to top Go down

Post by eastla 27th April 2010, 7:43 pm

Lynnie wrote:
eastla wrote:Hey hun

They do look fairly raised, but then I didn't see mine until over 3 weeks as I didn't want to look!! One of mine was fairly lumpy but I was allowed to massage with bio oil and I saw big changes in under a week.

xx

Hi hun

When were you able to start to massage them? I had my dressings removed at 1 week and the steri strips were replaced. I don't see anyone until I see my PS at 5 ot 6 weeks. Surely I don't have to wait as long as that do I?

Thanks x

I saw the nurse at 10 days, and she replaced my dressings with steri strips, and told me that once they fall off I could start to massage them with bio oil. They fell off about 10 days later

Give your clinic a call hun and ask them, they will give you the best advice for you Freaked out by Incision Scars! 571992 xx
eastla
eastla
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by eastla 28th April 2010, 8:09 pm

Hey hun, have just been looking over my pics and uploading some new ones, and although my scars were not quite as raised as yours you can see from the pics that they have the same look about them.

I have PM'd you the password details have alook in the 4 & 6 week album you can see the scars at 25 days and then today at day 45 which I have just uploaded, even I am amazed at the difference !!

Hope it helps sweetie xx Freaked out by Incision Scars! 571992
eastla
eastla
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down