Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr told me no bra after surgery! Worried!

+4
alfie
xx sharon xx
yettiricey
bambi<3
8 posters

Go down

Dr told me no bra after surgery! Worried! Empty Dr told me no bra after surgery! Worried!

Post by bambi<3 25th February 2011, 3:21 pm

Ok so I had my breast lift augmentation a little over 2 wks ago and my dr told me to not wear a bra til I got a nice roundness under breasts. So I waited and about a wk aftr they started to look quite good but I thought he meant once the implants drop and don't look so fake up top. I just started wearing a sports bra and have noticed my boobs are quite jiggly and when I lay on my side they go flatter and my nipple points out. Is this normal? I'm so worried I left it too long not wearing a bra and my skin has stretched too much. The whole reason I got surgery was to have perky boobs they still are nice they are just not as firm.

Has anyone else been instructed to not wear a support bra after surgery? Argh I don't think I'm being very clear I'm just upset! :(
bambi<3
bambi<3
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Dr told me no bra after surgery! Worried! Empty Re: Dr told me no bra after surgery! Worried!

Post by yettiricey 25th February 2011, 3:28 pm

Hi Bambi

When I had my first BA (years ago) I had to wear a support bra for quite a long time and from what I've been reading on here, others do as well so it seems strange that he is advising you not to. Hopefully one of the other ladies who is a bit more up to date with all this can assist you.

Don't be upset hun Hug
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2309

Back to top Go down

Dr told me no bra after surgery! Worried! Empty Re: Dr told me no bra after surgery! Worried!

Post by xx sharon xx 25th February 2011, 3:49 pm

Hi Bambi...when i had my first ba i was told to wear my sports bra 24/7 and then i went for my 2nd check up which was around 4-6 week i was told no bra for a week or so.
My 2nd ba was 5 week ago with a different surgeon. I had to wear a specific Macom surgical bra but was told at 3 week check up that i didnt have to wear it any more and go and get measured.
I guess all surgeons have their own methods and advice...along with this i would also go with your own judgement and perhaps do what you feel best.
I havnt been to get measured yet, my old bras no longer fit so ive gone bra-less for the last couple of week. I just pop on my surgical bra as and when i feel necessary.
Hey, try not to get upset, its early days at 2 week post op. I posted on here about a week ago worrying about complications during early recovery and now i love them!
sharon...xxx
xx sharon xx
xx sharon xx
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 244

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 25th February 2011, 4:52 pm

All surgeons are different hun in what they tell us to do post-op. If you are in any doubt, why don't you give yours a ring and tell him your concerns, it will at least put your mind at rest. xx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by KNOTTY80 25th February 2011, 9:33 pm

i hun i was told not to wear a bra for 4-6weeks just a strap and its normal for your boobs move when you lie down i was same as you !!
KNOTTY80
KNOTTY80
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post by KNOTTY80 25th February 2011, 9:35 pm

try not worry your still early days x
KNOTTY80
KNOTTY80
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post by littlewisher 25th February 2011, 10:17 pm

I never wore a sports bra, i went bra less for 10 days then was put into underwired bras, some surgeons do things differently xxxx
littlewisher
littlewisher
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 975

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 25th February 2011, 11:09 pm

Hi hun, This is a really interesting topic. When I had my firt implants wearing a supportive bra just didn't make sense to me as i wanted them to drop into a natural position.

I then asked our resident surgeon, James about it, read [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to see what he said on the topic xx
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2121

Back to top Go down

Post by bambi<3 26th February 2011, 6:39 am

thanks everybody for your replies... i think mine have just dropped very quickly and gotten soft im quite surprised! its difficult because i got my surgery done abroad but i will email my dr and send him pics and see what he suggests. kind of sucks because i cant have any post op check ups. thanks hattie260 i read what james said it really helped : ) x
bambi<3
bambi<3
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 26th February 2011, 8:10 am

Hi hun,

I have heard that there are some ps who say no bra, infact I have read in a few places that there is really not a whole lot of data that says wearing a bra post op makes a lot of difference.

I had a ba and uplift too and I also think my boobs dropped and fluffed quickly in fact my boobs were never really too high, hard or weird shaped like I know some girls go through.
I also at times felt worried that they were dropping too much, exactly the opposite of why we had the lift! However they dont keep dropping and I think it just feels strange at first but it is important for them to drop and give them that sexy fullness at the bottom too, and as long as the nipple is still sitting in the right place than you are fine.

sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 26th February 2011, 8:12 am

I just saw that u r in Australia, I am as well... which part? Who did your op?
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down