Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

anyone told no wine or beer before surgery?

+7
Shorty
Phoebe
lucy lou88
jellytot1
abbie
kittie
candycain
11 posters

Go down

anyone told no wine or beer before surgery? Empty anyone told no wine or beer before surgery?

Post by candycain 21st February 2011, 1:17 am

I know that sounds like a strange thing to ask but I have read that you should not drink for 2 weeks before surgery. I asked my Dr and he said said a glass of wine or beer a day was not going to hurt. Anyone told anything different. I do enjoy relaxing with a glass of wine. Especially now!!! One min I am excited and the next I am thinking I am crazy for putting my body through this and spending this much money. I could be buying a car or saving it for my sons university. But I really want Boobies! And sometimes I even feel depressed even though I am getting what I have always wanted. BOOBIES!

I would also like to add this site is great. I really appricate the support here as I have no one to talk to this about.
candycain
candycain
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 297

Back to top Go down

anyone told no wine or beer before surgery? Empty Re: anyone told no wine or beer before surgery?

Post by kittie 21st February 2011, 7:34 am

I was told no drinking alcohol for a week before surgery. Different surgeons give different advice. Go with what your surgeon has told you candycain.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

anyone told no wine or beer before surgery? Empty Re: anyone told no wine or beer before surgery?

Post by abbie 21st February 2011, 7:50 am

i was told 2 weeks, but i did have a glass of wine a week before.

The most important time is the few days before and after because it thins your blood and can cause a bleed.
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by jellytot1 21st February 2011, 8:49 am

I was told ok to drink a glass or two during the week before but none on evening before BA (which I was pleased about as we had lots of Xmas parties and meals booked). I was just told to make sure I stayed well hydrated by drinking lots of water.
jellytot1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 762

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy lou88 21st February 2011, 10:25 am

I was told no drinking 2 weeks before and a week after.
Like Abbie said it thins the blood same with garlic. I was also told low amount or no vitamin E as well.
Hope this helps x
lucy lou88
lucy lou88
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 21st February 2011, 10:31 am

Im with Kittie, go by what your surgeon recommends, I dont rememebr mine telling me anything about alcohol but then I dont really drink much x
Phoebe
Phoebe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1211

Back to top Go down

Post by Shorty 21st February 2011, 10:34 am

It said on my sheet no alcohol for 48 hours before. In my pre op I was told to stop as early as possible. I didn't have any for 2 weeks except one large glass of wine on valentines day. Which was 5 days before the op.
Shorty
Shorty
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Post by angbabyxx 21st February 2011, 11:03 am

Hi hun, I agree with the girls on this one, listen to your surgeons recommendations as they do all seem to have their own ideas on pre-op and post-op care.

I was told not to drink 48hrs before and 48hrs after. The same with garlic/Vit E

Not long to go now hunnie...xx
angbabyxx
angbabyxx
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1108

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 21st February 2011, 11:28 am

I was told no alcohol a week before as it can thin blood and cause complications.

You're spending so much and going through so much to get boobs, I'm sure giving up the wine for a week or so will be worth it in the long run
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by candycain 28th February 2011, 11:03 pm

Thanks for the info ladies. Just a week left and I am getting more scared everyday. Think I may have to have a glass of wine tonight! lol
candycain
candycain
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by angbabyxx 28th February 2011, 11:25 pm

I'm not condoning it hun but I was so nervous a couple of days before (specifically 48 hrs and counting) I HAD to have a glass of wine for the nervous tension, thankfully I didn't have any complications, but my PS probably would have slapped my wrists at the time if he'd known......maybe it was stupid but the nerves got the better of me and I'm a real lightweight when it comes to stress or pressure!!

Be a good girl hunnie and don't be a wimp like me... :doh:
angbabyxx
angbabyxx
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1108

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 28th February 2011, 11:43 pm

I'm lucky as I don't drink, so it never affected me, but THG are quite adamant that you shouldn't drink beforehand.
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by candycain 1st March 2011, 1:36 am

Ok.... On that note I will "try" and be good. I am a hudge wimp!!!!
Thanks!!! You are wonderful supportive ladies!! This is a great site!
candycain
candycain
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Cas*28 1st March 2011, 2:48 am

Hun, alcohol thins your blood just like asprin. They want you to beable to clot. Im sure a few beers or a couple glasses of wine would be fine. I wouldn't recommend much hard alcohol though. I just didn't drink the night before, thats all!
Cas*28
Cas*28
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down