Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone had BA who has a baby?

+3
Peachy34
sassylady
Lolo
7 posters

Go down

Anyone had BA who has a baby? Empty Anyone had BA who has a baby?

Post by Lolo 21st February 2011, 6:03 pm

Hey guys!

Just stumbled across this site and think its great!

Im getting 420cc unders next month at Newcastle Nuffield hospital.
Im 5ft 3, 8stone 2, size 8/10, current bra size 34 A.

I have a 16 month old baby and was wondering if anyone had an idea of how hard it will be to look after her post op?

My surgeon advised i will need support but how immobile will i really be!?

Any advive would be much appreciated :)

Lauren xxx
Lolo
Lolo
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 53

Back to top Go down

Anyone had BA who has a baby? Empty Re: Anyone had BA who has a baby?

Post by sassylady 21st February 2011, 7:22 pm

I had 410 unders just over 3 weeks ago and am also 5ft 3 (although def not 8stone 2 lol)

have to be onhest with you chic, there is no way i could have looked after a baby for at least the first week, it just woudnt have been possible.

i coudnt lift my arms and was in a lot of discomfort although pain was controlled quite well. I did try to lift my cat at one point and it was totally impossible, not to mention the fact that i coudnt hold her against me as had to huge rock hard traffic cones strapped to my chest that got in the way of everything.

its def the best thing i have ever done but it took until at least 2 weeks before i could do most things normaly.

you really are gona need some major help for at least 5 days, as unders take a lot more healing

hope this helps xx
sassylady
sassylady
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 21st February 2011, 7:48 pm

Hi hun I had my BA when my daughter was 8 months old so she was completely dependant on me. I had help for the first couple of days but after that was fine.

Its impossible to avoid the normal day to day things when you have children so the best advice is try not to lift them if you can avoid, especially straight from the ground. If you do have to try to come down to their level and let them get on your knee for cuddles etc. I had overs so it wasn't as invasive but I know ladies who had unders and have small children and they said they weren't as immobile as they thought. You will find it difficult to push a buggy too. Try to time it so you can have as much help as possible especially for the first few days and just don't overdo it with the lifting.

Each person is different in their recovery but it is important to remember you need to give yourself chance to heal.

Good luck x
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolo 21st February 2011, 9:17 pm

Thanks for your help, looks like il be asking my mam to book some time off work then Haha. I've only got 2 and a half weeks off work after my op so I'm hoping it will be ok to drive then? Xx
Lolo
Lolo
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sassylady 21st February 2011, 9:40 pm

I was back driving by day 7, the only prob I had was putting on handbrake first few times. It's really stiff so had to pull hard which pulled on my chest muscle
a bit.

Peachy's right though, people heal at different rates, you might heal a lot faster than me.

Hope all goes well for you chic, an it's soooo worth it xx
sassylady
sassylady
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by lindylou22 21st February 2011, 9:48 pm

I'm in the same boat as you hun. My son is 2 1/2 and my daughter is 8 months, so it's going to be a total nightmare. I don't think there's any way I'd be able to do it if my hubby wasn't off work helping out. My S-I-L had it done, and she avoided picking her 2 year old up for at least the first month.

As the girls said though, everyone heals differently, but you definitely need someone there at least for the first few days!

LL
x
lindylou22
lindylou22
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 648

Back to top Go down

Post by SJG83 22nd February 2011, 7:14 am

I'm having mine done on Friday and have a 3 yr old... I am starting to worry about cuddles and being carried but she is quite independent now so I am hoping it won't be that bad. I will keep u posted though as I am in before you - it might give you an idea what to expect xx
SJG83
SJG83
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by shaydey 22nd February 2011, 8:54 am

I have a 18 month old and a 9 year old and am having mine done in OMG exactly one week to the hour. I am worried about it but I think as long as you have help for the first few days and then have a friend or neighbour that you can call on in an emergency, it will be OK. that is what i am hoping for. Good luck!
shaydey
shaydey
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolo 22nd February 2011, 10:29 am

Thanks your info has been very useful, if you wouldn't mind keeping me informed on how you guys manage it would be much appreciated! My partner works away so I have my fingers crossed that my mam can get a few days off!

Good luck for your BAs! Xx
Lolo
Lolo
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrie 22nd February 2011, 11:07 am

My youngest is 20 months and personally I couldn'thave managed without help. My OH took a week off work and I did now lifting at all, just cuddles with kids sitting down. My dad helped in the 2nd week, with lifting and driving me places. I remember holding my little ones hand and him pulling away from me and feeling like I'd pulled something around my armpit! In the 3rd week I was pretty much on my own - I only lifted when I had to, in and out of cot, car etc. Things I struggled with were putting the car in 5th gear and getting the buggy up kerbs - my pec muscles didn't want to push!

We're all different though, my advice would be to have a support plan in place for as long as you can just in case xx
Carrie
Carrie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 343

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down