Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BA and baby?

5 posters

Go down

BA and baby? Empty BA and baby?

Post by polegirl23 18th July 2014, 6:45 am

So I'm super excited about my BA next week and strangely don't feel nervous or anxious at all about the actual op.  The only thing I do feel a little bit uncomfortable about is how my recovery is going to effect my 14 month old little girl.  I've got people to look after her for me while I'm healing so that's all sorted but I'm feeling worried that she may pick up that something isn't quite right and may be frightened by it all.  I also have an irrational fear that due to me not being able to pick her up for a while she might think I don't love her anymore :( has anyone experienced a BA with a small child and if so how did they cope?? Any experiences would be appreciated! ! :)
polegirl23
polegirl23
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

BA and baby? Empty Re: BA and baby?

Post by Franbo 18th July 2014, 8:47 am

Hi again,

Obviously don't have the full answer for you as am not home yet and my daughter is a little older but firstly please don't think that she will think you don't love her. You can still have lovely cuddles just at her level or sat down.

My little girl is coming up for three so kind of understands that I'm in hospital although when I told her I might not be able to pick her up for a while she did look a little  shrug she a lot more independent which I hope it going to help!

I am trying to not make a massive thing about it, she's likely not to remember all this anyway!

It is a super exciting time, I still am!

Did you get any closer in choosing a size?

Xx

Franbo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 223

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 18th July 2014, 10:54 am

Lots of the girls on here go through the same worries. I don't have littluns myself, so can't comment first hand. But what I do know is a happy mommy makes for happy kids. Yes it's going to be difficult, you're not going to be able to pick her up for 6-12wks. But that doesn't mean you can't have snuggles on the couch. If she can understand that mommy has hurt her back or something like that, it can make it easier. 14m is quite young. but in the grand scheme of things, 3m will fly by, then you've got the rest of her life to pick up and play with her.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Jellyfox 21st July 2014, 10:19 am

hey hunni......I am 13 days post op and have a six month old. It's so far been no harder than I expected it to be...but it's more frustration than anything. My boy took just over a week off to help but I was in hospital for two nights of these and then my mum helped for a couple of days. Yesterday was the first day on my own Shocked I'm trying not to lift him around....although I'll have to put him into his cot at bedtime. And I'm still taking it easy doing stuff round the house...just limited to light cooking...dishes etc. I'm on maternity leave at the min so bored as. Can't get out as can't drive yet or sort pram for little one. It's just lots of playtime on the floor!

Try not to be too worried about your daughter. You're fortunate that she's at an age/ size that she can climb onto things herself etc. And you'll be able to get her up onto your knew for a cuddle from the sofa. Alternatively just get down onto the floor with her for hugs and cuddles. Plus since you'll not be able to do much else...no chores etc...you will have even more time to give to her to play etc. This is once you're feeling better after surgery and GA. I had to have two nights in hospital cos of drains so just felt tired when I got home rather than drowsy or in a lot of pain. Just to try and explain to her that mummy doesn't feel too well but reassure her with cuddles. It's hard when she's so little but my 17 month old nice understand people feeling happy/sad/poorly etc.

It's good that you have lots of help for afterwards. What day are you having your op?

x

Last edited by Charlii on 21st July 2014, 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Change to font colour)
Jellyfox
Jellyfox
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsbells 21st July 2014, 10:21 am

seeing stars  My eyes!!!
Hellsbells
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by polegirl23 21st July 2014, 12:56 pm

Thanks for the reassurance ladies, I've managed to change her swimming lessons to weekend ones so my hubby can take her so she won't miss out on those while I'm healing (she loves her swimming!) I know she will be fine really but it's just one of those things I worry about in the middle of the night, guess that's part of being a mummy!!

My op is on Thurs, not long to go now, ahhhh!! So excited!! :)
polegirl23
polegirl23
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by polegirl23 21st July 2014, 12:57 pm

Sorry Hellsbells, not quite sure what you mean??!!
polegirl23
polegirl23
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 21st July 2014, 1:43 pm

Jellyfox had posted in a lumo green font that was difficult to read, that's all. I edited it to make it easier for others.

Ooh, not long now, have you got everything sorted?
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down