Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice re illness and surgery

+3
jellytot1
janeybird
MrsG
7 posters

Go down

Advice re illness and surgery Empty Advice re illness and surgery

Post by MrsG 26th January 2011, 10:47 am

Morning everyone.

I am booked to have my BA next tuesday but for the last 2 or 3 days I have had a head cold and still feel rough now. Its quite catching as my whole family has it now after my 2yr old got ill first. He was ill for about 4 days I think. Its not a chesty thing, just headache, congested nose/sinus etc. Not temp at all.

My question is, I will be ok for my surgery right? Everything I can find online seems to say its only an increased risk if its on your chest as can cause breathing complications with the GA, but I dont feel like that. I am too scared to ring my PCC incase they cancel my surgery when by all accounts I should be fine by the end of the week. Arrgh! I am worrying so much, hopefully for no reason though.

Has anyone any words of wisdom? I really cant change my surgery date, if I dont have it now I have no idea when I can re book for wont be for months and months.
MrsG
MrsG
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 135

Back to top Go down

Advice re illness and surgery Empty Re: Advice re illness and surgery

Post by janeybird 26th January 2011, 10:57 am

dont think they will cancel for a cold think is has to be viral or chest infection etc.

Also you will probably be better by your surgery in 6 days Stars

try not to worry too much as that can make u run dwon then u get ill

x x
janeybird
janeybird
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 1256

Back to top Go down

Post by janeybird 26th January 2011, 10:58 am

*down
janeybird
janeybird
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by jellytot1 26th January 2011, 11:45 am

buy some high dose vit c and echinechea (can't spell today), I was the same before my BA and had a sore throat, so resorted to gargling with TCP - horrible but seemed to work. Hope you and family feel better soon. Also eat plenty of fresh fruit - there is twice as much vit c in a kiwi as in an orange. xx
jellytot1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 762

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsG 26th January 2011, 11:48 am

Thanks for your replies, I think the nerves might be making me paranoid, keep dreaming that my surgery gets cancelled etc. DH is cooking me a lovely roast beef dinner tonight so hoping that might perk me up. Just so glad I bought all the bits I need to take to the hospital with me, I so dont feel upto shopping right now!
MrsG
MrsG
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by janeybird 26th January 2011, 11:57 am

wow is that true re kiwis? must get some :)
janeybird
janeybird
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by jellytot1 26th January 2011, 12:25 pm

We bought a BIG box of kiwis last week at the market for £2 - had about 100 kiwis in - have given loads away, as at that price we can afford to. I am eating 2 or 3 each day but you still only get the same amount of vit c as if you had eaten just one - but I love them. We were going to go back today as saw last week they had boxes of pineapples for £2 (about 8 in a box) - suppose they must be the stuff that supermarkets don't want, but the kiwis have been delicious, just ripe and ready to eat, but pouring with rain today and can't be bothered to go out with 3 toddlers.
jellytot1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 762

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 26th January 2011, 12:47 pm

I had a cold the week before too hun. It's pretty common. Lots of vit c and water. I think as long as you don't have an infection on your chest it's okay as that is the thing that can complicate things, as you said, with GA.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by clareyd 26th January 2011, 5:16 pm

Hey!!

I had the exact same thing a week before my surgery, I had 4 days off work and then I was due to have it the following monday!! I was so upset and worried I gave the hospital a call and they said you would have to be REALLY ill for them not to operate!! As long as u can breath properly that's all that matters!! So u shud be fine hun!! I had a bad cough for the whole first week after my surgery and I was so worried I was going to damage the stitches but they are absolutely fine!! I'm 10 days post op now and feeling great!! Still feeling very tight and numb but I have no pain at all! You'll be absolutely fine my dear :-) xxxxxx
clareyd
clareyd
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 26th January 2011, 5:25 pm

i wouldnt mention it, just go on a mega healthy food kick, lots of water, vitamins and minerals, and lots of rest
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsG 26th January 2011, 5:54 pm

Thanks for the reassurance everyone, yep made dh dash to tesco so I know have lots of fresh fruit, kiwis, grapes etc! He is off now for a couple of weeks so he can take charge of the kids except when he goes to the gym :) So a bit of pre-op rest and relaxation is on the cards for me!
MrsG
MrsG
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HighMaintainance 26th January 2011, 6:37 pm

While we're on the topic of circumstances on your BA. Have any of you had your period whilst you had your BA. I say this coz I'm having my BA in week and my period hasn't come, so it will soon. I really don't wanna be on while I have to go to surgery. Is it really so bad if I do? Like is it a pain in the **naughty word** when you're all sore and you have to deal with it?
HighMaintainance
HighMaintainance
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 198

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down