Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Girlys who have had implants for a few years...

+15
MarieMc85
natalia
carol_s
smallfry
shelle222
**Jem**
wend
bblondiiie
ToriLoula
Crystal
misf1
lilibet
Carrie
*Sally*
thevisionoflife
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Girlys who have had implants for a few years... - Page 2 Empty Re: Girlys who have had implants for a few years...

Post by thevisionoflife 2nd January 2011, 8:16 pm

Hay Wend,

Was that for an overnight stay?

Its just the consultation fee with Spire if I don't like them I wont get the £120 odd back! So hard to know what to do really! shrug

They better be good boobies for what I am going to pay! lol
thevisionoflife
thevisionoflife
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 235

Back to top Go down

Girlys who have had implants for a few years... - Page 2 Empty Re: Girlys who have had implants for a few years...

Post by **Jem** 2nd January 2011, 8:33 pm

I had mine done with Spire and I didnt have to pay the consult fee, which was with the surgeon. I paid £3,995 which was an over night stay and I was very happy with everything. Maybe you should give them a call to confirm the costs....you may be able to get those boobies sooner!
**Jem**
**Jem**
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 195

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrie 2nd January 2011, 8:50 pm

I'm having mine done at a Spire hospital after recommendation by my GP and lots of research into the surgeon - who is very experienced and also does NHS work. I paid a consultation fee direct to the surgeon and this will be taken off the total cost. In all I'm paying £5,000 which I know is at the top end, but the hospital is local and I am having some of the best implants available (so I understand) - Allergan Inspiras. I have chosen to stay overnight, but the hopital's policy is to charge the same whatever, in case the need to stay arises. I was fortunate to come into a little money a few years ago and it's stayed separate from everything else for when the time was right - so Friday it is then!!
Carrie
Carrie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 343

Back to top Go down

Post by shelle222 2nd January 2011, 8:51 pm

I had mine done with Spire and my surgeon is the Consultant Plastic Surgeon at the Royal Preston Hospital which is an NHS hospital. I paid £4000 for my BA, I had mine done under Local Anaesthetic and was only in hospital for a total of 4 hours. This included my consultation fee. It was definitely money well spent.
shelle222
shelle222
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 176

Back to top Go down

Post by lilibet 2nd January 2011, 9:02 pm

I'm having mine at a Spire hospital too next Monday with an NHS plastic surgeon - they seem to have decent bunch of surgeons & I think when they do NHS work they have a more rounded experience & can deal with things out of the normal. Carrie - what hosp are you going to - I'll be at Bushey..

lilibet
lilibet
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by lilibet 2nd January 2011, 9:04 pm

Shellee - have you done a BA story - can't imaing LA or 4 hours - what was your recovery like?
lilibet
lilibet
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by smallfry 2nd January 2011, 9:26 pm

so after youve had implants a few year they just feel like you and now like you have two extra bit stuck on you.
smallfry
smallfry
Banned

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by ToriLoula 2nd January 2011, 11:31 pm

Shelley you had a boob job under local anesthetic?? So you was awake through the op??
xxxxx
ToriLoula
ToriLoula
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 283

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 2nd January 2011, 11:48 pm

Wow Shelle - you are a really brave woman. Are you allergic to GA's or is this just the way they do them up in the North West
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by shelle222 3rd January 2011, 1:34 am

Lillibet - yes I have done a BA story, recovery was brilliant, felt fantastic, I had the op at 1.30 was back in my room by 2.45 and driving through Blackpool illuminations at 4.30. From the day of the op I only felt discomfort wasn't in massive pain and had none of the residual effects that you get with a GA. I would definitely do it again.

Smallfry - yes I was wide awake, only had local anaethestic didn't have Valium or a sedative, I watched the whole operation in the overhead lights and chatted to the scrub nurse and to Mr Peter Paterson, even got choose the size of my implants when they were in me, after my PS put the sizing implant in he let me sit up and have a look to see if I was happy with the size, then he took the sizer out and piut the real implant in.

Carol_S no I'm not allergic I just have a morbid fear of General Anaesthetic, I am absolutely terrified of going under a general anaesthetic. Mr Peter Paterson my PS is only one of a handful of surgeons in the whole of the UK who do it under a local. I didn't feel any pain at all, getting root canal treatment at the dentist is worse honestly. I would do it again, as a matter of fact I am getting an eye lift this year under Local Anaesthetic, it was a brilliant experience.
shelle222
shelle222
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 176

Back to top Go down

Post by ToriLoula 3rd January 2011, 5:16 pm

Honest to God I can't shut my mouth after reading that! WOW!!
ToriLoula
ToriLoula
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 283

Back to top Go down

Post by carol_s 3rd January 2011, 5:22 pm

I know ToriLoula, I'm still like that a day after reading it - what tremendous courage by Shelle. You really have gone up a thousand notches in my estimation Shelle.
xx
carol_s
carol_s
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3270

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 3rd January 2011, 7:24 pm

had mine 3 years now and had no probs been lucky really xxxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by thevisionoflife 3rd January 2011, 7:38 pm

Thanks Natalia,

If anyone has some photos of BA's a few years old and don't mind sharing please PM me, or if anyone knows a site maybe that I can see them - I can only seem to find them a few months old.

Jen
x
thevisionoflife
thevisionoflife
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieMc85 4th January 2011, 5:50 pm

Hi,

I had my BA in May 2009 through Transform.

I'm so happy with them and have had no complications whatsoever (touch wood). I had 410 overs and had a really great experience and only some soreness across my chest for 2 days aferwards, which was controlled with painkillers.

I had my op when I was 24 and I haven't had kids (although would like them in the future) therefore I'm thinking that I'll need to get them replaced or an uplift when I'm older! Especially as my implants are quite heavy.

My boobs feel so soft and natural. No one has guessed that they are fake and when people find out, they can't believe it! I did have a B cup to start off with though, so I think that's why I had such a great result.

The only time they feel fake is when I'm lying flat on my back. But they're not rock hard at all, just quite firm.

They jiggle and move like natural boobs, I love them!

Good luck with your op hun.

I've got pics up to one year post op (haven't taken any recently) that you're welcome to look at if you so wish. Send me a PM if you want to see

xxx
MarieMc85
MarieMc85
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3555

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 4th January 2011, 6:02 pm

I had my BA in july 2009 and was and still am very happy with them. I have never hated them or wished they were bigger/smaller either. Yes sometimes getting certain items of clothes to fit can be a bit of a pain but more than worth it. I've had no problems at all and they totally feel like a part of me now, I couldnt imagine not having my implants now or what life was like pre BA. xx
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Girlys who have had implants for a few years... - Page 2 Empty jiggles!

Post by thevisionoflife 4th January 2011, 6:29 pm

Thanks MarieMc85 yes I guess the more breast tissue you start with the more natural the look, especially with overs. I'm glad they still jiggle and I think I'd feel odd if they felt more stuck on! saying that my implants will be about half the size as yours.

Also thanks to pinkbabe that's excellent that you've not looked back since your BA!

Hope I've not missed anyone!! Thanks to everyone that has been such a big help!

I'm feeling really positive about having a BA now and hopefully will come out positive from the consultation when I've saved up!

Jen
x :flowers:
thevisionoflife
thevisionoflife
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 6th January 2011, 9:16 pm

I had my first BA in Dec 2008 and had 275 parital unders, i liked them at first but after a few months i wasnt entirely happy with unders as they didnt feel natural. I didnt like the distortion or the hardness on top because of the muscle covering the implants.

Eventually the left one dropped a bit too much and i got slight DB.

My surgeon was amazing, as was Mybreast and scheduled me in for a reop to switch to overs. I had that op in Jan 2010.

I've loved my overs ever since and like Sally, i dont even think of them as implants anymore, they feel like a part of me now. They bounce and jiggle and are very soft.

Vision, i dont think you are mad for paying more to go with Spire. Im guessing your surgeon is BAAPS if your GP recommended them? Definately worth paying extra for a properly trained, Bristish accredited surgeon for piece of mind. I paid more than most going with companies such as Transform/MYA etc

Best of luck
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by bblondiiie 7th January 2011, 7:28 pm

Hi Vision

5 years is rubbish for the lifespan of an implant and there is a huge problem with PIP implants rupturing, leaking and affecting the lymphnodes. If I had been given a better implant in the first place I wouldn't have had to go through the trauma of a 2nd op and worry of possible problems to my health 2010 was a though year.

Having said that though I still prefer implants to my none existant boobs pre ops x
bblondiiie
bblondiiie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 229

Back to top Go down

Post by thevisionoflife 7th January 2011, 8:39 pm

Thanks for your reply Nads, Yes my surgeon is BAAPS her qualifications seem good and she's being doing BA's since I was in nappy's!

Hay bblondiiie, I was referring to 5 years being good (I Suppose) for a PIP, its horrible that they were allowed to put those in people and its good that you have not been harmed by them. I hope you got them replaced for free, though that hardly covers what you have been through!

At least I hope these company's have learnt something!! *waves fist*
thevisionoflife
thevisionoflife
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bblondiiie 7th January 2011, 9:00 pm

Sorry Vision, my mis-interpretation re: the 5 years, I guess your right and yes I am lucky that I am OK, but I have had to pay for the re-aug but hoping to get it back via solicitors. xx
bblondiiie
bblondiiie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 229

Back to top Go down

Post by thevisionoflife 7th January 2011, 9:22 pm

Good Luck bblondiie, hope it all gets sorted!!

Hopefully this year will be less of a worry to you and you can enjoy your new boobies.

All the best hun.

x
thevisionoflife
thevisionoflife
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ifsogirl 3rd May 2011, 2:21 pm

Please excuse the resurrection of this thread, but I felt I fit into this one.

I've had my implants for over 7 years now (and yes, I still celebrate their birthday!!). I lost sensation in my right nipple immediately after surgery and it has never returned. It still reacts to hot/cold weather, but I can't feel anything else touching it. It has nerver bothered me, as I have another that works perfectly fine!! LOL

Regrets is a hard thing to cover (and apologies in advance if I start to ramble). Most days I feel fine about having had them done. Then there is part of me that says "you should have waited, you should have learned to be comfortable with your own body, you aren't real anymore, you will never be scar free". It's my little boob-demon. Usually appears when I read about people slating implants (and the girls that have them). But then I think, "screw you, you don't know what us lot have been through or how it makes us feel" and I'm back to feeling all confident. Would I change my mind about having it done? (if I had access to the delorian of course ;) ) Absolutely NOT! *I* feel great about myself and shouldn't let others' opinions interfere with how I live my life - it's not always easy (people are so quick to judge), but I know I made the right decision.

Some days I look at them and go "hmm, today they look fake" and then other times I stand in the mirror thinking "damn, they look amazing!!!". They ARE fake, so if 10% of the time they look real, yay for me! I don't think every day about having implants, and the newness for me wore off quite quickly, but whenever I'm buying new clothes (and especially when they don't fit!) I tut at myself and think "serves you right for having awesome big boobies!". I complained before when stuff didn't fit, and I complain now. At least that part of me never changed!!!

What I'm thnking about now (and partly why I joined the forum) is what to do next. Do I wait and see what happens with them? Do I change to slightly smaller as I've lost a bit of weight (and bodyfat)? Will they be ruined if I change them? Or do I have to seriously consider going back to having no implants? And will they look horrible after? Am I patient enough for all this? well the answer to that one is a simple no! lol)

I'm a worrier and a compainer by the looks of it. Yay :P
ifsogirl
ifsogirl
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by lolly 3rd May 2011, 9:24 pm

had mine 15 years , the first year they felt a bit like they didnt belong to me but i think that was just me getting used to having boobies..lol. ive (touchwood) had no probs and i dont regret getting it done infact i love em soo much im contemplating going bigger. id say go for it.
i had silicone rounds 280cc dunt know if they were unders or overs,
i can remember paying slightly more for the best implants but sooo glad i did especially after reading some of the other girls problems/ stories, looking again now but would deffo only consider some places that are well established ie spire and that offer a decent guarentee should anything go wrong! just scares me with so many places going bust...no pun intended ...that your guarentee wouldent be worth the paper it was wrote on x
lolly
lolly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 563

Back to top Go down

Post by thevisionoflife 4th May 2011, 5:24 pm

Welcome ifsogirl & lolly, Thanks for your posts Girls!

Its good to know that both of you have had implants for awhile now.

I am not so many weeks post op so looking forward to being all healed so I can enjoy them!

ifsogirl not sure I can offer any advice what with being so early post op, but I see no reason to change them unless you are now unhappy with how they look? Maybe look at your financial situation can you afford to change them? Do you want to take out a loan etc.... I am guessing your beasts would look pretty deflated if you got rid of the implants and didn't replace them but this is up to you, maybe you can go and see a surgeon and see what they recommend?

x

thevisionoflife
thevisionoflife
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2