Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having to have a Re-BA 5 years after >:(

+5
sianb23
jen86
COOKIE
yettiricey
Dolly6410
9 posters

Go down

Having to have a Re-BA 5 years after >:( Empty Having to have a Re-BA 5 years after >:(

Post by Dolly6410 12th May 2011, 10:27 am

Hey everyone!
Had my BA with Lifestyle Surgery at BUPA 5 years ago, thing is after 3 years they went hard and have recently got really uncomfortable, shooting pains and aching. I didn't have a guarentee on my implants so i have to pay all over again, i'm thinking of going with hospital group or transform, I'm thinking hospital group so far because their implants aparently have a life time guarentee and also they supply transport to the hospital where as transform is only 10years guarentee and you have to find your own way down there. When i had my BA i was never really happy with the size, i was pushed to have 360ml which took me up to a E cup, but they look tiny! i really want to go for a GG this time. Just wondered if anyone had been to either of these places or had the same problems?
Dolly6410
Dolly6410
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 326

Back to top Go down

Having to have a Re-BA 5 years after >:( Empty Re: Having to have a Re-BA 5 years after >:(

Post by yettiricey 12th May 2011, 11:07 am

Hiya Hun

Have you had it confirmed what the problem is? I've just had a reop albeit 11 years after implants were put in, but I started having problems about 3-4 years ago with hardness, lumps and aching. I had it confirmed last year that I had Capsular Contracture. I've just last week had a capsulectomy op where they cut all the scar tissue out and replace with new implants. I have gone with a surgeon who has his own practice and was highly recommended to me, infact he is one of the surgeons on this site (John Davison). His whole service to me has been amazing.

I have Allergen Naturelles now and they have a rupture lifetime gaurantee but nobody can gaurantee you against capsular contracture in the future (Not that I am aware of anyway).

Y
x
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2309

Back to top Go down

Having to have a Re-BA 5 years after >:( Empty Re: Having to have a Re-BA 5 years after >:(

Post by COOKIE 12th May 2011, 11:14 am

Hi Dolly and welcome to BJSF Having to have a Re-BA 5 years after >:( 399357

I agree with yetti babe, sounds like you have capsular contracture.

Just do your homework sweetness, don't just settle for the one consultation, go a few and compare what each surgeon has said, research EVERYTHING! and be sure that what you're getting is the best for YOU. Don't be swayed to book on the day by any 'nice co-ordinators' they are sales people with no medical training sweetness, so always walk away and give yourself time to digest the info, the deals will ALWAYS be there for you no matter how persuasive they might be.

And lastly, you might find the links in the top right column helpful to you hun, so maybe have a read through some of those.

Good luck with the re-op hunni and don't worry about the CC, it's absolutely repairable and you'll have fab boobs after this surgery! xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 12th May 2011, 11:26 am

when you're not a newbie anymore PM me and I'll show you my before and after pics. xxx
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolly6410 12th May 2011, 11:35 am

Thank you both for your replys, i've been told by transform i've got capsular contracture and hospital group said they cant say for sure until they see me next week but thats what it sounds like to them. i know alot of people who have gone to Transform and one has even had to have hers re done due to capsular contracture which makes me want to go with them because i've seen certain surgeons work, i only know one person who has gone with hospital group for a BA so i'm not to sure, they seem more friendly on the phone and i like that i dont have to find my own way to the hospital. oooo i'm so excited!! hoping to have it done beginning of august when i've found the right place to have it done. thanks yettiricey, i will be using this forum alot more now i know about it, my friends find it wierd when i'm constantly talking boobs!
Dolly6410
Dolly6410
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 12th May 2011, 11:47 am

Personally I've never gone with a hospital group and I preferred dealing with just my surgeon etc so I can't really comment as it's all I've known. I'm so glad I got my CC sorted though. I went through a stage of not being bothered but I'm totally chuffed with my new boobs :-)

Y
x
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 12th May 2011, 12:31 pm

Girls how do u get cc andwhy do some people get it!? i went with transform for their 10year warranth xx
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2901

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolly6410 12th May 2011, 12:36 pm

yeh to be honest i was annoyed at first, then it didn't really bother me but now i'm really struggling with the pain, its like a burning sensation today :(
I'm not actually sure why people get it, no ones ever really explained it to me, i got told by my friend who got it that it's because your body rejects it so it forms scar tissue around the implant which causes it to feel hard. lol knowing her though thats not at all what it is! i really want to ask if i can keep my implants so i can stick them on my wall, do you think they'll let me?
Dolly6410
Dolly6410
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 12th May 2011, 1:28 pm

All I can tell you is what my surgeon told me. Nobody knows why some people get it and others don't, he however feels that if all us ladies who have BA's lived until we were 100 we'd all get it at some point in our lives. That is his opinion and not fact. He does not believe that smokers are more likely to get it (although I've given up now just incase) and also does not agree with having to massage your new implants (I'm kinda glad I never liked that part last time and it obviously made no difference).

No implant manufacturer can say you will NEVER get CC with their implant and if they claim that then they are lying because how can they when nobody really knows what causes it. Do Transform do a fee reop if you get it?

I found out about 4 weeks ago that the implants I had were PIPS so all in all I would have had them removed anyway.

I now have Allergan Naturelles which I am told are the Rolls Royce of implants. I could have had polyurethane coated implants which claim to REALLY lower the chances but they have other problems (such has being harder to remove than other implants if required) along with other stuff that you'd need to research.

I'm so glad I had mine changed I feel and look so much better xxxx
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sianb23 12th May 2011, 2:01 pm

I have heard that CC is less likely to happen in women with unders...does anyone know if there is any truth to this? xx
sianb23
sianb23
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 262

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 12th May 2011, 2:16 pm

I had unders and I had it!!!! So no I don't believe this to be true.
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 12th May 2011, 3:19 pm

Hey lovely, sorry to hear of your re-op but they girls have given you some great advice.

CC can occur in anyone, for no reason. It's scar tissue hardening around the implant which causes it to look distorted and can be quite painful. Placement doesn't matter, those with unders or overs can get it. Textured implants are meant to reduce the risk, but it can affect anyone regardless of age, placement, implant or surgeon.
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 12th May 2011, 6:03 pm

Implants aren't guaranteed for lifetime against CC as its your bodies own natural reaction to having implants and not a fault with the implant itself, some do offer a lifetime guarantee against rupture but its only the implants that are covered not the surgery costs. I have lifetime aftercare with my company but CC is covered for 3 years which is what the manufacturer guarantee the implants against CC for and I have lifetime guarantee against rupture with a proportion of the surgery costs paid by the implant manufacturer should this happen. That is with the Natrelles. The CUI's are covered for 10 years and I don't know about any of the other implants but I think Nagor have a pretty good guarantee aswell.

What implants did you have previously were they PIPS?
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 12th May 2011, 6:11 pm

Peachy34 wrote:I have lifetime guarantee against rupture with a proportion of the surgery costs paid by the implant manufacturer should this happen. That is with the Natrelles.

Which clinic did you use Peachy that gives you a 'lifetime after-care' insurance against ruptures to cover part of the surgical cost for life?

I was aware Naturelles have a lifetime warranty in the event of a rupture, but not that any clinic would offer surgery costs for life, that's BRILLIANT!. I think the most after-care given to cover any surgery costs that I know of is 5 years and then should you suffer a rupture, the 'implant only' would be replaced at no cost, all surgery costs outside of the policy period are at the patients expense.
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 12th May 2011, 6:29 pm

I was told that had lifetime aftercare included in my surgery package what that actually means is yet to be determined I suppose although they have been amazing with my re-op it was done in a 2 month turnaround from when I told them there was a problem to getting it done.

The Natrelle Implant warranty booklet states they will pay a proportion of the surgery costs should you have a valid claim for implant rupture. I am only covered against surgery costs for 3 years in the case of CC as its not the fault of the implant. Below is an extract from my aftercare policy.

"For your complete peace of mind, The Hospital Group give you the Advantage Extended Aftercare scheme - offering a LIFETIME of FREE AFTERCARE!
Your “Lifetime Advantage Aftercare” scheme includes:
Unlimited post-op appointments
Revision surgery where clinically indicated
Additional days stay in hospital where needed
Additional drugs and dressings supplied
Access to emergency telephone support (numbers supplied at discharge)
Your “Lifetime Advantage Aftercare” scheme does not include:
Revision without clinical indication (e.g. wish you'd gone for a larger size implant)
Further changes due to the natural ageing process (e.g. putting weight on, breast feeding, ageing) "
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 12th May 2011, 6:45 pm

"For your complete peace of mind, The
Hospital Group give you the Advantage Extended Aftercare scheme -
offering a LIFETIME of FREE AFTERCARE!
Your “Lifetime Advantage Aftercare” scheme includes:
Unlimited post-op appointments
Additional days stay in hospital where needed
Additional drugs and dressings supplied
Access to emergency telephone support (numbers supplied at discharge)
Your “Lifetime Advantage Aftercare” scheme does not include:
Revision without clinical indication (e.g. wish you'd gone for a larger size implant)
Further changes due to the natural ageing process (e.g. putting weight on, breast feeding, ageing) "

My goodness that's a first for me!

It does contradict itself though in saying they will pay a portion of the surgery costs should you have a rupture and then states -

If you have a rupture clinically diagnosed, then according to that policy document, you would be entitled to the full costs for life!

That's excellent! From my own research, I've found that chances are we'll all have ruptures by the time our implants are ten years old, after that.... it's just time and you might just be lucky to keep your implants intact for life - see HERE, so that sweetheart is golden!

If I were you though, if you don't have this yourself from THG in writing, I'd request a copy from them so you have that on a letter head. Having to have a Re-BA 5 years after >:( 184153 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamz 12th May 2011, 6:49 pm

I am with The Hospital Group too , and just got their booklet detailing this. I asked for it in writing, but my patient care cordinator told me it was all in the book and on my records. I was only covered for 5 years initially, which I paid £500 for , then had replacements within that time so now get the lifetime cover.
Tamz
Tamz
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 191

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 12th May 2011, 7:00 pm

"cookie"It does contradict itself though in saying they will pay a portion of the surgery costs should you have a rupture and then states -

If you have a rupture clinically diagnosed, then according to that policy document, you would be entitled to the full costs for life!

Having to have a Re-BA 5 years after >:( 184153 xx

Sorry hun I meant Natrelle themselves will pay a proportion of the surgery costs if the implant ruptures in accordance with the implant manufacturers warranty. This is applicable wherever you go to get Natrelle implants.

Like you said according to The Hospital Groups aftercare they should honour the need for revision surgery for lifetime if clinically guaranteed and yes I made sure I have a copy of this in my booby folder hun lol .

I only got this because I paid full price though if you go for one of the special offers like they have on at the moment the aftercare is very limited 6 months I think! So I'd rather have the aftercare I have been promised and pay a few hundred pounds more than be left high and dry after 6 months. If this sites taught me anything its how important good aftercare is xx
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by flowergirl 12th May 2011, 7:01 pm

This is why I went with THG! I kept asking at my pre-op... Forever? I'm covered FOREVER? For anything clinical? All costs inclusive? Forever? And they said, yes, yes, yes. Sounded good to me! xx
flowergirl
flowergirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 477

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 12th May 2011, 7:07 pm

Peachy34 wrote:I only got this because I paid full price though if you go for one of the special offers like they have on at the moment the aftercare is very limited 6 months I think! So I'd rather have the aftercare I have been promised and pay a few hundred pounds more than be left high and dry after 6 months. If this sites taught me anything its how important good aftercare is xx

That's an incredible deal! and DEFINATELY worth the extra money! Good for you and all the other ladies who got this deal, that's fab! Having to have a Re-BA 5 years after >:( 907337
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 12th May 2011, 7:13 pm

I'm a realist like you though Cookie I certainly don't anticipate these implants being ones I have forever but if the cover is there I will take it! x
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 12th May 2011, 7:15 pm

Peachy34 wrote:I'm a realist like you though Cookie I certainly don't anticipate these implants being ones I have forever but if the cover is there I will take it! x

That's EXACTLY why I think you have such a great deal babe *wink* xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down