Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10 years

3 posters

Go down

10 years Empty 10 years

Post by Redheart 8th April 2012, 8:43 pm

Hi. I am soon to be 10 years post op. At age 19 I got saline implants under the muscle. I have never had any complications. They have been fantastic. I am so happy that I had them done.

But now I am wondering about long-term care. Is there a reason to replace them just because it's been 10 years? Or do I don't have to have them replaced? Anyone else that have had them for 10 years+?

Any thoughts would be helpful, thanks.
Redheart
Redheart
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

10 years Empty Re: 10 years

Post by COOKIE 8th April 2012, 9:18 pm

As the saying goes...... If it aint broke, why fix it?! 10 years 267328

The only reason I'd have mine replaced was if I had a complication or if my breasts had aesthetically changed and I was no longer happy with them.

Continue to enjoy them Redheart......I would! and lucky you for having such longevity from your implants, I only got 3 years from my first ones!

Oh, and welcome to BJFS! 10 years 399357 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by luluthefirst 8th April 2012, 9:53 pm

Hey,

That's a brilliant question that i was going to ask myself!

Is the only reason you'd NEED to change your implants if they rupture or if you get cc? (or if they change so they're no longer aesthetically pleasing to you -ie drooping)

Why else would you change them?

Also, I thought re-ops were more likely to get cc, so like cookie said, if it ain't broke... ...

xx
luluthefirst
luluthefirst
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 378

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 8th April 2012, 10:16 pm

luluthefirst wrote:Is the only reason you'd NEED to change your implants if they rupture or if you get cc? (or if they change so they're no longer aesthetically pleasing to you -ie drooping)

Yeah, there's absolutely no reasoning at all for changing your implants if there's nothing wrong with them.... Enjoy them for as long as we all possibly can 'cos the 'general' age of an implant is 10 years, so Redhearts implants are doing well!

I'd say if you have 'silicone' though, I wouldn't be as confident after 10 years just because I'd had no complications and aesthetically they still looked great because with 'Silicone' there is such a thing as a 'silent rupture' it's possible a silent rupture can show no symptoms at all and yet the implant could be ruptured and I'd personally scan to check regardless of symptoms to ensure all was well....

This isn't the case with saline because should the implant rupture at all, unlike the silicone gel which remains stable the saline would leak out leaving the ruptured breast quite evidently flatter than the other. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down