Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 years after BA

+10
Mrs_B_24
Blueeyedsoul13
Princess_x
Gleaming
tinkerbell24
Bigange1
Charlii
COOKIE
mrsball
SusieLou
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2 years after BA Empty 2 years after BA

Post by SusieLou 15th January 2014, 1:16 pm

Hi everyone.. 
So i had my breast augmentation in 2011, and i just have a few questions for those that have had theirs the same sort of time or longer.

- I had tear drop ones and mine are still quite like.. well mountains.. stuck on my chest. How long did yours to take to drop a little or how much did they drop?

- They can be quite uncomfortable to sleep with or have cuddles with my OH because they're still quite hard. How long did they take to soften up a bit (if they do?)

- I still have no feeling at all on the under side of my boobs and my nipples are still numbish. Will this get any better? 

Still love them though.. I just want to know if its all normal :)

Thanks
SusieLou
SusieLou
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 72

Back to top Go down

2 years after BA Empty Re: 2 years after BA

Post by mrsball 15th January 2014, 1:24 pm

hey hun,  wavey 

ok, did you have unders?
if so the muscle can end up keeping them high up and not giving as much movement as overs.

implants wont ever feel as soft as a natural breast which is essentially  tissue and fat, they will soften however if you have little breast tissue and fat there wont be much cushioning and the breast can feel quite firm.

numbness totally normal 14 months on my lefty underboob and nipple is still numb .
you may find you regain slight sensation however not ever as much pre ba .

x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 15th January 2014, 1:24 pm

mrsball wrote:hey hun,  wavey 

ok, did you have unders?
if so the muscle can end up keeping them high up and not giving as much movement as overs.

implants wont ever feel as soft as a natural breast which is essentially  tissue and fat, they will soften however if you have little breast tissue and fat there wont be much cushioning and the breast can feel quite firm.

numbness totally normal 15 months on my lefty underboob and nipple is still numb .
you may find you regain slight sensation however not ever as much pre ba .

x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th January 2014, 1:27 pm

I always hate being the bearer of bad news but we have a no sugar coating policy here hun and believe that honestly is the most helpful to our members so I hope you can appreciate that I'm trying to help you  Hug 

They're not going to drop any more than they are now Suzie.

You should return to your surgeon and explain the problem.

Sometimes with women who have had partials the muscle is so tight it just doesn't allow for the implant to drop, so it may need further dissecting to give that bit more drop for you, or they could change placement to over the muscle. 

Or with overs, if the implant is a little too large, the skin just holds the implant far too tightly to allow for the implant to drop. 

Your implants really should have softened up now and this could possibly be because of the tightness surrounding them....or sweetheart, it could be a symptom of capsular contracture. 

If you're over 2 years post-op now, unfortunately... Dear me I hate being the bringer on bad news, your sensation will not return hun.

My advise to you soozie is to go back to your surgeon and get him to sort out the tightness, firmness and discomfort your suffering, which really are all indicators of CC.

I'm no surgeon though Soozie, I can tell tell you what the symptoms may indicate but if you have aftercare this should cover any surgery possibly required to make you more comfortable hun.

I hope I haven't upset you Soozie. That's not my intention. I just want you to be aware of the possibilities so you can go back and see your surgeon and ask them about it  Hug
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 15th January 2014, 1:33 pm

I hate to say it but I agree with Cookie. From what Ive read experience-wise, by two years they're done, so you wont see anymore changes. If theyre uncomfortable, hard and stuck on, it might be wise booking in to see your surgeon, just to rule out any nasties.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by SusieLou 15th January 2014, 1:39 pm

No i'm glad you have both been very honest Cookie and Charlii, at least i know of anything that could be wrong and get it sorted out. Thank you for all your information, I will get in contact with my PC and see if she can help and even get me an appointment with my surgeon. Can i ask what CC means? I have been away from Breastbuddies for a looong time Lol
SusieLou
SusieLou
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th January 2014, 1:42 pm

Capsular Contracture.

If you google it with breast augmentation in the title also it should bring up lots of information for you hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigange1 15th January 2014, 1:43 pm

Hope you get sorted susielou. Good luck xx
Bigange1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 218

Back to top Go down

Post by SusieLou 15th January 2014, 2:04 pm

Thanks for the information ladies. I have just checked my aftercare and its for as life so i will ring my patient coordinator and see if i can get an appointment.
SusieLou
SusieLou
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th January 2014, 2:07 pm

Please let us know how you get on Soozie. X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 15th January 2014, 3:46 pm

let us know how it all goes

I just had a reop for CC but also to get the muscles relseased a bit more to allow my imlants to drop more, and the diff was amazing straight away

So please do call the company and hopefully your covered with the aftercare for 3 years and that way you will be in the time slot to have the reop if your aftercare is still in time

good luck xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by SusieLou 15th January 2014, 3:55 pm

Well i'm not too happy already!
I had to find my clinics number as i had lost my PC's number on my phone. When i rang the number, it said that it was no longer in use. After searching holborn clinic again, i found it had closed down with a lot of people complaining that they actually had appointments there and they hadn't been told! I then phoned another clinic to see if they had my PC's number and they said she had left. For a company that gives aftercare for the whole time you have their implants, shouldn't i have been told about both of these facts?!  growl 

So now i'm waiting for another clinic to call me back.. 
Not a happy bunny x
SusieLou
SusieLou
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SusieLou 15th January 2014, 3:59 pm

Tinkerbell that's great to hear. 
Just waiting to get all this ^^ sorted and then i will make sure to see someone.
Will keep you all up to date x
SusieLou
SusieLou
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 15th January 2014, 5:25 pm

aw this can happen from time to time with companies, some franchise close down and surgeons do leave, but if you are due a reop then please ask to know ALL the surgeons that are available to do your reop so that oyu can look into them

Alot of people are finding that the "lifetime" cover doesnt cover the actual surgery if a reop is needed but the care from the nurse/PCC and the implants for certain things if you have the implants that have the lifetime cover, so just thought that id give you the heads up with that xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SusieLou 15th January 2014, 5:28 pm

Oh it gets worse Lol.
Thanks for letting me know x
SusieLou
SusieLou
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 15th January 2014, 5:29 pm

lol it might not be in your case, just letting you know so you can be ready for them, do you have your aftercare details there

what exactly does it say for CC xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SusieLou 15th January 2014, 5:53 pm

Yeah, would have been a bit of a shock if they had said that it doesn't mean lifetime care for everything.
Im not sure if I have all my details here or at my nans where I lived when I had them done. I will have a look later but to be honest I don't remember getting any of that sort of info in writing for me. I just know its lifetime because after cookies reply I went straight to MYA's website and done the whole instant chat thing and asked how long my aftercare
Was for.
Seeing as I can't ask a PC either, I might go back to the people on the chat and ask them what the aftercare actually covers. xx
SusieLou
SusieLou
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 15th January 2014, 6:07 pm

def go on chat and see what they have to say, I cant get onto mya website just now, im at work but fingers crossed evreything good to go, if you dont actually have the lifetime cover for CC and its is CC you have fingers crossed the aftercare with MYA for CC is 3 years xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SusieLou 15th January 2014, 6:20 pm

I have been back on instant chat to them and have had no luck. I asked what their lifetime aftercare actually covers and asked about CC and all she could say to me is that i need to get in touch with a clinic to find out. A bit weird that they don't know. 
All i can keep doing is trying the other London clinic i guess x
SusieLou
SusieLou
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th January 2014, 6:30 pm

Tink is right Soozie. There's no 'real' lifetime care for patients. Its just a clever way of wording things to disguise the realities. Lifetime will generally only apply to a lifetime if care from your surgeon so if you need to see your surgeon... You can do that for free.

But - I'm thinking as you're only 2 years post-op you'll be absolutely fine and well in your aftercare cover Soozie. In general these commercial clinics throw that lifetime word out which really isn't fair to women who genuinely do expect to have full coverage for all eventualities for life when its just not feasible for clinics to do that. They'd soon be out of business if they had to pay over and over again for any problems patients had 

In general Soozie, you will be covered for around 3 years for CC so you 'should' be covered and I'm saying that being 99% sure lovely. So don't worry. Just make the appointment to see your surgeon, explain the problem sweetheart and get the ball rolling on getting this sorted out for you so you no longer have to suffer that discomfort lovely.  

If you had your surgery through MYA, its the clinic that you're covered by, so MYA WILL have to honour their aftercare with you.  Hug
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SusieLou 15th January 2014, 6:44 pm

I think this will all be a mission. As i say, my clinic closed but after looking at the other clinics in London, neither of them actually have my surgeon that did my op. And i read your diary about the whole no return calls and stuff.

Oh well.. I'll just ring every single day.. or hour if i have to. I have until to July to get someone.

But yes, its very unfair to use the word 'lifetime', they're falsely selling something as far as i'm concerned. x
SusieLou
SusieLou
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gleaming 15th January 2014, 6:48 pm

Just wanted to say good luck hun, hope you get to speak to someone soon and get some straight answers xx
Gleaming
Gleaming
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 758

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 15th January 2014, 6:58 pm

yip thats generally what im thinking Cookie that the "average" cover for CC is 3 years and thats IF you do have CC it might be nothing

Def keep calling the London clinics and find out what you can about seeing someone to get this all looked at xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th January 2014, 7:07 pm

SusieLou wrote:I think this will all be a mission. As i say, my clinic closed but after looking at the other clinics in London, neither of them actually have my surgeon that did my op. And i read your diary about the whole no return calls and stuff.

Oh well.. I'll just ring every single day.. or hour if i have to. I have until to July to get someone.

But yes, its very unfair to use the word 'lifetime', they're falsely selling something as far as i'm concerned. x
It shouldn't matter that the actual clinic you used is closed. 

Your aftercare was taken out through MYA Soozie and they are very much still in business and should honour your aftercare with no problem at all. The fact that your surgeon no longer works there too means nothing Soozie. As I said, your aftercare is with the clinic so they should a sign you to a new surgeon who will take over and if revision is required they will be the one to do this for you.

PCCs come and go all the time at the clinics. I dunno why but they never seem to last long at all... Probably because they have to deal with all the hassle that the clinic don't want to deal with because that's their job. They're there to sell! To appease you! And to keep things between yourself and the clinic as amicable as possible. The clinics really don't want to know unless its absolutely necessary. 

So call them babe. The only number I could find was an 0800 number. They're VERY clever in keeping any contact details personal too 

So the number on the website is 0800 014 10 14. 

Do not accept any excuses hun. Tell them you want to be allocated a new surgeon to be seen in view of a possible complication and you want them to arrange an appointment there and then for you. 

Hoping this is sorted very soon babe and if you need any help at all do please just ask. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SusieLou 15th January 2014, 7:15 pm

Thank you so much for all the help. It has been a great help as i was starting to fill with doubt! I'll ring the number tomorrow and just keep on at them xx
SusieLou
SusieLou
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next