Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Average on how many years implants last??

+4
jenniferrf1
Lisa34
COOKIE
twig21
8 posters

Go down

Average on how many years implants last?? Empty Average on how many years implants last??

Post by twig21 29th May 2013, 6:59 pm

Hi,

sorry if this sounds some dumb but on average how long do implants last? Am i right in thinking it's around 10 years as long as there are no probs. If i do have implants i will need to save for when it's time to get them redone again. Also im guessing when you do have them replaced its the full cost all over again? xx
twig21
twig21
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Average on how many years implants last?? Empty Re: Average on how many years implants last??

Post by COOKIE 29th May 2013, 7:03 pm

You're right Twig, 10 years is about the time they'll need changing again and yes hun. Unless they need changing whilst you still have cover for aftercare the full cost of replacement will be yours, minus the cost of the implants which have their own warranty. The majority have a lifetime warranty, or if you choose CUIs they have a 10 year warranty.

Have a read [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] hun. X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Average on how many years implants last?? Empty Re: Average on how many years implants last??

Post by Lisa34 29th May 2013, 7:05 pm

Yeah about every ten years, although they can last a lot longer, or not as long. I started a new boobie fund as soon as I had my BA x
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 29th May 2013, 7:21 pm

Hi twig, like above its normally around ten years. Some need to replace them before that time, and others last longer :)
Im starting a boobie fund aswell so that when the time comes to have them replaced, it will be stress free because i will have already saved up. Im also planning on continuing to put money into the fund incase 2nd time round i need any extras such as an uplift!! x
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisydee 29th May 2013, 7:37 pm

Hi, when you say "about 10 years" how do you actually know when they need replacing? My surgeon said 10- 15 years but said they can last decades- not forever but he said there is no set amount of time, so how so we know when they need to be replaced?
I am already saving for my boobie fund!!
Xx
Daisydee
Daisydee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 396

Back to top Go down

Post by melstar82 29th May 2013, 7:38 pm

I was told unless there was a problem with the implant itself or it was affecting your health the implant did not need to be replaced every ten years. In his words, if it's not broke don't fix it! he also said if you had any other surgical implant - bone fixation, hip / knee replacement you wouldn't just remove it because it had reached a certain number of years. I have started a fund too!

Obviously we are all given different information and advice and this it was I was told! I can go back at any point to have them checked etc, if worried or even just to see which is a bonus!
melstar82
melstar82
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 299

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 29th May 2013, 7:42 pm

I got 3 years out of mine.

We advise everyone here to save a booby fund because NO surgeon can ever give you a time limit with breast implants they're just that unpredictable.

Its advisable to have an MRI scan every 3 years to check for ruptures.

Sometimes ruptures will present symptoms such as pain or distortion, but... There is something called a 'silent rupture' this is a rupture that presents no symptoms so the only way you'd know you had a rupture would be to have the breast scanned. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 29th May 2013, 7:44 pm

melstar82 wrote:I was told unless there was a problem with the implant itself or it was affecting your health the implant did not need to be replaced every ten years. In his words, if it's not broke don't fix it! he also said if you had any other surgical implant - bone fixation, hip / knee replacement you wouldn't just remove it because it had reached a certain number of years. I have started a fund too!

That's exactly right. There's no need to replace implants if there's nothing wrong with them, but because of silent ruptures its advisable that you periodically have your breasts scanned. This is the only methods of checking the implants are still intact. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 29th May 2013, 7:50 pm

Agree with all of the advice given but for me even though nothing wrong with my implants , after pregnancy they aesthetically changed. Pregnancy, general ageing , weight loss or gain can change the look of the implant and for that reason was the reason I had mine replaced after around 5 years . X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 29th May 2013, 7:53 pm

You should have a scan every 2 yeas I think they recommend to check for rupture. And obviously as we age we sag, so they will need replacing or you may need an uplift aswell if sagging occurs x
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by Sezbaby2 29th May 2013, 7:55 pm

My sister in law has had hers in for 15 years and still fine x
Sezbaby2
Sezbaby2
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 411

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 29th May 2013, 7:58 pm

Can i just ask, i know this might sound silly, but im 21 so not really sure,
What age does breast scanning start?
Obv i will want to have my breast scanned every so often to check for silent rupture, How do i go about this? I know i will need to pay most likely but do i just go to the Drs?
And will a Dr or the scan be able to show a silent rupture? xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisydee 29th May 2013, 8:01 pm

How do you go about organising these scans, I didn't actually know about this or that you should be regularly scanned every 3 years.
X
Daisydee
Daisydee
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 29th May 2013, 8:03 pm

Hehe ill start a new thread i think!! x
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 29th May 2013, 8:04 pm

You'd have to go private babe. The NHS won't fund them because you had them done privately, but your GP should be able to point you in the rit direction and I think they're aroundish the £300 mark. X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 29th May 2013, 8:07 pm

Oh ok, no need to start a new thread, thank you cookie, just always thought, yep im going be have scans, and then thought...hold up, how do i actually do this?!
Thank you, it will be worth it having scans to keep our minds at peace. xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisydee 29th May 2013, 8:09 pm

Thanks Cookie! Never knew that so that's handy to know. Xx
Daisydee
Daisydee
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down