Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Girlys who have had implants for a few years...

+15
MarieMc85
natalia
carol_s
smallfry
shelle222
**Jem**
wend
bblondiiie
ToriLoula
Crystal
misf1
lilibet
Carrie
*Sally*
thevisionoflife
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Girlys who have had implants for a few years... Empty Girlys who have had implants for a few years...

Post by thevisionoflife 31st December 2010, 6:01 pm

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if there was anyone who has had implants a few years ago?

I wanted to see how they are getting on?
Any complications?
Any regrets?
Do you even still think you have implants?
Do they feel just part of you now?

Just in general how your getting on with the implants, the future does worry me what will happen to the boobies, so I'd like to hear from some girlys that have had them in awhile.

I'm guessing people who are at 10 year marks wont be on here unless maybe they are getting them replaced- but even a few years will give me some kind of outlook!

Thanks and Happy New year!

Jen
x

thevisionoflife
thevisionoflife
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 235

Back to top Go down

Girlys who have had implants for a few years... Empty Re: Girlys who have had implants for a few years...

Post by *Sally* 31st December 2010, 6:10 pm

I had mine done in April 2009 and have no regrets whatsoever.

My boobs are just my boobs and I don't even think about the fact that I have implants any more. I can't remember what it was like not to have boobs either.

I had a placement change due to DB and muscle flex distortion 10 weeks after my original op but other than that I've had no problems at all.

I still wear a bra all the time - sports bra in bed/if I'm slobbing around at home (like today!) as I want to put off having an uplift for as long as possible.

I don't need it at the moment but maybe one day I will.

Great thread btw.

Sally x
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Girlys who have had implants for a few years... Empty Re: Girlys who have had implants for a few years...

Post by thevisionoflife 31st December 2010, 6:24 pm

Hay Thanks for the reply Sally.

Its very helpful to know that your still doing good, I don't know anyone who has has a BA so any info is helpful.

Your boobies look very natural from your pic.

Cant wait till my ticker tocks! (yeah bad joke I know!)

Jen
x
thevisionoflife
thevisionoflife
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 31st December 2010, 7:01 pm

Thanks Jen. I've got a fair bit of natural tissue anyway which covers the implants well so I don't get the fake look.

There are quite a few ladies on here who've had their implants a while who'll be along soon with more advice xxx
*Sally*
*Sally*

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrie 1st January 2011, 1:51 pm

*Sally* wrote: I still wear a bra all the time - sports bra in bed/if I'm slobbing around at home (like today!) as I want to put off having an uplift for as long as possible.

I don't need it at the moment but maybe one day I will.Sally x

Is it very likely that we will need an uplift at some point after our original implants are put in? What will happen if we don't?

I think yours are lovely Sally (sorry if that sounds creepy, it's not meant to be!) and seeing your avatar usually stops any wobbles about the 450cc implants i'm having on Friday. I'm having partial unders like your first op so hope they are ok. Getting kinda nervous now about what they're gonna look like :pale:
Carrie
Carrie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 343

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 1st January 2011, 2:01 pm

Carrie its something to consider but no one knows for sure. My ps told me that as long as I don't lose/gain loads of weight then I'll be fine but I'm erring on the side of caution and assuming that some day I will need, or maybe just want more surgery if they go further south than I'd like them to.

Thanks hun, I know its not in a creepy way - we're all a little boob obsessed - I still am nearly 2 years on.

Good luck for your surgery on Friday. I'm sure they'll look absolutely fabulous xxx
*Sally*
*Sally*

Back to top Go down

Post by lilibet 1st January 2011, 4:37 pm

Good luck on Friday Carrie - can't believe Christmas & NY is out of the way now and it's head down until our big (!) days. Are you all ready - have you got everything? xx
lilibet
lilibet
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 1st January 2011, 8:27 pm

Hi hun, I had mine done in may 2009, so not that long really, but they are fully healed now my scars are barely there and I totally forget they are implants. They feel like I've always had them, they jiggle like normal and feel like mine. I didn't have a lot of breast tissue but I had just enough for overs and they look amazing. It is the best thing I have ever done for myself. I've not had any complications so far, my healing felt long at the time and I felt my odd boob stage would never end, but on looking back now I can't believe how quickly the time has gone and how long I've had them.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 1st January 2011, 9:33 pm

Hay Hun,
I have had mine since october 09 so again not that long.

I wanted to see how they are getting on?

Im getting on fine with mine, not pain all healed but have to say struggling to find bras to fit lol

Any complications?
I have rippling which can be seen & felt if take my bra off but only around the sides & it really not that easy to see, I had 460cc overs with very little breast tissue...you can also see the edge of the implant if i lift my arms at the sides but again that dont really worry me
Should have had unders but due to my lack of reserching & then being told my surgon is a overs man & only dose them before i had even been looked at..........I was very silly

Any regrets?
acting on impluse & not lookind at other surgons.....I now think seeing as many surgons as possible is a very good thing to do & infact should be a 'must'...if i could do it again i would definatly do that differently as its good to get other opinions on whats best so you can make the right choice.
I booked straight after my 1st consultation as i was worried id bottle getting it done again like i did 5 years ago and i really wanted it done but if i didnt book it id scare myself out of doing it again......Im teriffied of G.A ....i went about it all the wrong way...wouldnt read any info on complications as i was too scared ....I just wanted it done.
Very silly on reflection

Do you even still think you have implants?
only when on here or if i have laided wrong at night & have owchy boobs in the morning

Do they feel just part of you now?
Yes the feel like my boobs now, im used to the heavy feeling & can even jump with out a bra on with out feelin odd!
the only thing i do get is like i said before if i sleep wrong then i wake up with owchy boobs

Hope this helps! moral of my story....dont be like me & just feet 1st into something you dont no anything about......I learnt everything i now no after havin my op due to my silly fears.

x

Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by thevisionoflife 1st January 2011, 10:17 pm

Thanks misf1 and Crystal,

I like the honest reviews and advice you girls give.

I think its getting into my head that even after the op I most likely wont have perfect boobs - Which I think I can live with, an improvement will hopefully improve my confidence about them.

I cant wait to go to my consultation going to be a few months still, just want to find out what she may recommend so I can start to reasearch about that!

Glad your still doing well with your implants I do worry about being able to afford to put anything right if something was to occur later on in life, which it will its just how soon it will happen.

Guess I will have to think of it as a new car! Always seem to be paying out for that so boobies will be no different!

thanks again

Jen
x

thevisionoflife
thevisionoflife
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 1st January 2011, 10:37 pm

No probs hun, I think it's a good idea to find out how people are further down the line. It gives you an idea of what the future may hold. I have no illusions, I'm sure I'll need surgery in the future to lift or re do my boobs so I keep a boobie fund, just add what little I can to a savings account (just for boobies) then hopefully 10 years or so down the line if/when I need a re op I'll have the money or at least quite a bit towards it.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ToriLoula 2nd January 2011, 3:02 pm

Hi I had my 410cc implants in May 2007. I am having them done again soon to go bigger as I have lost loads of weight and had a baby so they are nowhere near as big as they were when I had them. I am 34C at the mo and would like to be DD/E so I am going for 605cc this time.
I had unders which I will be having again as I don't have much tissue. The only problem I have with mine is that the surgeon put them in a bit wonky. I was convinced one was bigger than the other as my lefty is more bulging in the middle, you can tell when standing sideways. Anyway I asked my new surgeon if I could have a bigger implant in my righty because lefty was bigger and he said no they are the same size, turns out the first surgeon had put one in a bit higher and the other lower and more to the side if you know what I mean. So I'm a bit peeved with that but the new surgeon said he will correct it by moving the pockets or something. He said the old surgeon hadn't made the pockets even!
I just feel like the implants are a part of me, deffo no regrets.
xxxxx
ToriLoula
ToriLoula
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 283

Back to top Go down

Post by bblondiiie 2nd January 2011, 4:07 pm

Hi, I had my 1st implants done in Aug 2005, it was very strange at first because I knew they weren't part of me but after time they were and the looked very natural, due to having PIPs which ruptured I had to have a 2nd op in Oct 2010, I went slighty bigger too. Three months on my new boobs again don't feel like part of me which is really bugging me at the moment becuase its not something I am used to but I still love my boobs. Even after the problems I had with the rupture and my new one still settling I have no regrets and would rather have the boobs I have now that yes at the moment definately feel like add ons rather than going back 6 years and having nothing.

I now feel like a woman and not a boy and have gained so much confidence and self esteem its amazing.

The only regret I do have is being so niave in taking the implants that were offered as standard rather than reearching and choosing a better product, if that had been the case I probably wouldn't have had to have my 2nd sugery.

Good Luck x
bblondiiie
bblondiiie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 229

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrie 2nd January 2011, 4:15 pm

This is a great thread - it's so much better to go into this with your eyes wide open.

lilibet wrote:Good luck on Friday Carrie - can't believe Christmas & NY is out of the way now and it's head down until our big (!) days. Are you all ready - have you got everything? xx

Thanks Lilibet, I feel like I've got myself onto a rollercoaster and part of me wants to get off, but another parts knows that I have to see what comes next ... the butterflies are mixed with a bit of a sicky feeling now. And I haven't got anything ready yet! My eldest goes back to school on Tuesday so I'll have a few days to pack my bag, freeze meals and mentally prepare. I have planned out childcare and general help for the first few weeks and I guess that's pretty important!
Carrie
Carrie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 343

Back to top Go down

Girlys who have had implants for a few years... Empty Thanks again!

Post by thevisionoflife 2nd January 2011, 4:55 pm

Thanks bblondiiie and ToriLoula for sharing your experience.

:good: I think the products available now are better than they used to have, I cant wait to see what they make in a few years time! :boobchick:

Good luck for your next op ToriLoula Stars and good idea to have a boobie fund misf1!

bblondiiie I suppose your pips did well to last 5 years, hopefully these new ones will last a lot longer! I hope they settle down soon and start to feel more like your own.
thevisionoflife
thevisionoflife
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Girlys who have had implants for a few years... Empty Good luck!

Post by thevisionoflife 2nd January 2011, 4:59 pm

Carrie wrote:This is a great thread - it's so much better to go into this with your eyes wide open.

lilibet wrote:Good luck on Friday Carrie - can't believe Christmas & NY is out of the way now and it's head down until our big (!) days. Are you all ready - have you got everything? xx

Thanks Lilibet, I feel like I've got myself onto a rollercoaster and part of me wants to get off, but another parts knows that I have to see what comes next ... the butterflies are mixed with a bit of a sicky feeling now. And I haven't got anything ready yet! My eldest goes back to school on Tuesday so I'll have a few days to pack my bag, freeze meals and mentally prepare. I have planned out childcare and general help for the first few weeks and I guess that's pretty important!

Good luck also!! Stars Wow freezing meals sounds like your mega organised!
thevisionoflife
thevisionoflife
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ToriLoula 2nd January 2011, 5:01 pm

No probs vision, can I just ask you what are you having done for it to cost that much? Is it an uplift aswel? Sorry just being nosy
xxxxx
ToriLoula
ToriLoula
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by thevisionoflife 2nd January 2011, 5:09 pm

Hay,

Just implants :( It's also including the consultation fee (I don't think it gets taken off the surgery)

This is what I was told Via email so that's what I've based the price on, its also with Spire.
An average price for breast augmentation is £5,300, which entails a one-night stay in hospital - some people are suitable for a day-case procedure, which reduces the cost to about £4,500, but this is not suitable for all patients.

I am hoping that it wont come to all that when I go and see them! But thought I better save all the money so that I'm not let down!
thevisionoflife
thevisionoflife
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ToriLoula 2nd January 2011, 5:21 pm

Oh right. Have you been to any other places for prices etc? The reason I'm saying this is I'm having removal and replacement and it's only cost me £4,400. My friend wants hers doing and for just the boob job they are going to charge her £3,700!! You have enough money saved already to have it done with them. Just a thought xxx
ToriLoula
ToriLoula
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ToriLoula 2nd January 2011, 5:22 pm

By the way these prices are if you are a day case, if not it's £4,200 xxx
ToriLoula
ToriLoula
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by thevisionoflife 2nd January 2011, 5:25 pm

Yeah the only place near me is The Hospital Group they would do the better implants for something like £3995. But I didn't like them.

Also The surgeon I wanted to see was recommended by my GP, I think others at Spire are cheaper but its so hard to find anything about them!
thevisionoflife
thevisionoflife
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ToriLoula 2nd January 2011, 5:50 pm

Ok hun just a thought. I'm with MYA by the way
xxxxx
ToriLoula
ToriLoula
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by thevisionoflife 2nd January 2011, 5:56 pm

hee hee Yeah I am mad paying £1000 more but just really hope she is the one for me! and will give me some nice boobies.

I have tubular Breasts so I want to have someone that specialises in breast surgery, she does a lot of reconstruction on the NHS and seems really realistic about the results (from what I've read).

Wish I had more companies around here but I hate travel, Also will be doing it alone so need to be close.

Thanks for your advice, not long till your bigger boobies now!

Jen
x
thevisionoflife
thevisionoflife
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by wend 2nd January 2011, 6:43 pm

hi i went for a surgeon who specialises in reconstruction for the NHS ( recomended by my GP ). This was through spire who were fantastic. I researched him and he had done fantasic work for cancer patients and i liked him straight away , i think you get a feeling when they are right for you. I payed £4300 for overs and thought that was about the going rate?. If paying mores not a problem go with your gut instinct. xxx
wend
wend
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by ToriLoula 2nd January 2011, 6:45 pm

Very true, glad you've found the right surgeon
xxxxx
ToriLoula
ToriLoula
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next