Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When will I stop feeling ill ??

+10
Vix
Crystal
abbie
izzie37
jellytot1
sars3dd
kittie
kate613
CharlieB
tanyajade
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

When will I stop feeling ill ?? Empty When will I stop feeling ill ??

Post by tanyajade 27th September 2010, 12:40 pm

Hi girls, I had my BA Saturday morning. I feel sick, have really bad stomach ache, bloating and constipation, my boobs are killing me and I feel generally dizzy. When will I start to feel better? X
tanyajade
tanyajade
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

http://WWW.STORES.EBAY.CO.UK/HERROYALHAIRNESS

Back to top Go down

When will I stop feeling ill ?? Empty Re: When will I stop feeling ill ??

Post by CharlieB 27th September 2010, 12:50 pm

I don't remember a lot from my first BA but I do remember suffering afterwards with sickness. I threw up a lot and felt dizzy too....It wore off with-in a week and by 2 weeks I felt 100%. It is so early....you must remember you had major surgery only on Saturday....don't over do things and rest up as much as you can. I know it is BORING but you must to allow your body to heal. Have you got anyone around to help you?? x x
CharlieB
CharlieB
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 846

Back to top Go down

Post by kate613 27th September 2010, 12:55 pm

Sorry your not feeling well Hug

The bloating and constipation is horrible its down to the GA and pain killers .When you stop taking them it goes away.My surgeon told me to take nuerofen once i had finished my pain killer course and that was a relief in many ways!! Eat little and often for sickness helps.
I felt dizzy too for the first few days(and muddled in the head) again i think thats all the drugs from the op.I started to feel better after around day 3/4. Try some ice pack or frozen peas on the boobs and always take your pain meds regulary.
Hope you feel better soon xx
kate613
kate613
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 91

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 27th September 2010, 1:01 pm

Tanya, the feeling unwell does go away but you have to rest and allow your body to heal. The bloating and constipation are from the GA and painkillers and the sickness and dizziness could be due to that as well. It takes around 1 week for the GA to leave your system, drink lots of water to help flush it out. I felt a lot better after day 3/4 but still had to take it easy as I was easily tired.

Chill out with some magazines or DVD's and just let your body get over the major surgery you've had.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 27th September 2010, 1:06 pm

i was dizzy for about 10-11 days but i had a chest infection to. its only.now 3 wks post op am not falling asleep all the time x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by tanyajade 27th September 2010, 1:07 pm

Thanks girls, I'll switch to nuerophen when my painkillers run out. I hate the nausea, it's like, just be sick and get it over with bit it won't! Can't wait to just feel even 10% better! Thanks xx
tanyajade
tanyajade
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieB 27th September 2010, 1:20 pm

Did your clinic/hospital give you the pain killers Tanya??
CharlieB
CharlieB
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 846

Back to top Go down

Post by jellytot1 27th September 2010, 1:24 pm

Hope you soon feel better - you have got me worried now because I am hoping to have my BA on the 23rd dec - and thought I would feel fine over Xmas as long as I rested - hadn't really factored in the side effects of the GA. Could you get some anti sickness tablets from your GP - there is nothing worse than feeling or being sick all the time. x
jellytot1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 762

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 27th September 2010, 1:26 pm

What painkillers are you taking tanya? I was given paracetomol and tramadol by the hospital but once I got home I only took paracetomol during the day and used the tramadol at night. If you're taking a stronger painkillers during the day then that might be making you feel sick. Could be worth just taking paracetomol
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by izzie37 27th September 2010, 3:19 pm

congratulations on your new boobs, tanyajade, hope you are happy, as for your sickie feelings its all part of the GA hun and it takes a while to leave your system, i personally was really bad so the best thing is to stay home and rest, plenty of it, drinks lots of water and stay topped up on your medication.

Hope you feel better very soon... :flowers:

xx
izzie37
izzie37
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 469

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 27th September 2010, 3:46 pm

the codeine based painkillers made me feel dizzy and constipated. I was better when i stopped taking them.
Drinking coke also helped a bit with nausea for some reason, so i was drinking that instead of my usual coffee
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 27th September 2010, 5:07 pm

Hi Hun,

It took me about 2 weeks to start to feel back to myself again & youll find the bloating & constipation is from all the medication & G.A........................I had really bad bloating & couldnt fit into my normal jeans Shocked & i really didnt exspect it at all even thou i had read alot about it!lol

I found Coke helped me with the sickness Abbie said.

x

Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by tanyajade 27th September 2010, 6:36 pm

Jellytot you're insane having your BA at Xmas! Atleast your family will be around to look after you though!

Yes my hosp gave me paracetamol, anti-inflammatories and antibiotics. I think it's the anti-inflammatories that are killing my stomach from reading the side effects.

Thank you for the coke tip. I'm sipping on pepsi and I think it's helping with the sickness xxx
tanyajade
tanyajade
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Vix 27th September 2010, 7:33 pm

Hi Tanyajade,

I had all the symptoms you are having, i tried not to do too much for a few days as i was quite dizzy and continued to be for about week. I was very bloated and consipated too, my nurse said i could take Senna with everything else if that helps. Also, ginger ale is very good for your stomach, not alcoholic and tastes just like lemonade really. Pepermint tea might be one to try too as it is very soothing for your stomach, also i swear by fresh pineapple to make you go to the loo! Hope this helps a little xx
Vix
Vix
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 241

Back to top Go down

Post by tanyajade 27th September 2010, 7:36 pm

Great advice thank you vix x
tanyajade
tanyajade
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jellytot1 27th September 2010, 7:45 pm

[quote="tanyajade"]Jellytot1 you're insane having your BA at Xmas! Atleast your family will be around to look after you though!

Yeah started to think that today after reading several posts like yours - but like you said my husband will be home, I work term time and can't really take any other time off. Would have postponed it to Easter hols next year - but Easter is late April and daughter is getting married in May - so will be too busy to be lying about resting.

Hope you are feeling better - I looked up the name of the anti sickness tablets I have in my medicine cabinet from when I had a nasty virus back in January - they are called Domperidone and really help.

x

jellytot1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 27th September 2010, 8:14 pm

Oh babe, so sorry to hear you are feeling ill. I think as a general rule anathesia takes 7-10days to get fully out of your system but dont quote me on that one lol! Just try to take it as easy as possible. Also i know when feeling unwell its hard to eat, but make sure you're eating little and often. The painkillers you get are quite strong and can make you feel sick on an empty tummy. Hope you start to feel better soon hun xx
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by tanyajade 27th September 2010, 8:15 pm

That's great Jellytot thank you! You're lucky working term-time, are you a civil servant like me? Xx
tanyajade
tanyajade
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tanyajade 27th September 2010, 8:16 pm

Thank you nurse xxx
tanyajade
tanyajade
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 27th September 2010, 8:17 pm

Also just noticed babe you have anti imflamms too.. alot of drs prescribe a stomach tablet alongside these as they can also cause a dodgy tum. Maybe give your GP a call and explain the situation as see can u get a course of something like ranitidine, thats what i got with mine, and i took the two together and my tummy behaved. Hope this helps x
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by susib 27th September 2010, 8:18 pm

Hope you soon start to feel better love, hang on in there, it will get better soon :) x
susib
susib
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 534

Back to top Go down

Post by bblondiiie 27th September 2010, 8:21 pm

Sorry to hear you're feeling unwell Tanyajade, good post though I will now get stocked up on coke and pineapple. I have already asked for the anti-sickness drugs, as I was unwell after my first BA and don't want to go throught that again.

I hope you feel better soon, get plenty of rest and remember to look at your boobs often, they will always put a smile on your face Boobs
bblondiiie
bblondiiie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 229

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 27th September 2010, 8:23 pm

bblondiiie wrote: and remember to look at your boobs often, they will always put a smile on your face Boobs

Hysterical Love this bit!! I still peer down at mine all the time! I was sat in class a few weeks back with my nose practically down my top and my friends were rolling their eyes saying 'Oooh there shes at it again!!' haha! x
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jellytot1 28th September 2010, 7:59 am

tanyajade wrote:That's great Jellytot thank you! You're lucky working term-time, are you a civil servant like me? Xx

No I'm a registered childminder and look after mostly teachers children - so I think I will have to get someone with a CRB to help me for a while as I will hopefully be back working just 11 days after BA with unders - so won't be able to do much lifting.

Hope you are feeling better this morning. x
jellytot1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tanyajade 28th September 2010, 9:06 am

I think 11 days will be OK to return to work, if you have someone lifting for you. I have 9 days to recover but I don't have a manual job.
I'm feeling a LOT better than I did yesterday thanks huni xxx
tanyajade
tanyajade
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next