Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overs vs Unders. Is there a size difference?

+7
Peachy34
mrsm
21jane
Vix
kate613
natalia
derbylou
11 posters

Go down

Overs vs Unders. Is there a size difference? Empty Overs vs Unders. Is there a size difference?

Post by derbylou 20th September 2010, 1:01 pm

I am considering what size implants to have. My surgeon has advised 4 size ranges, from 360-460cc. I have been recommended to have overs.
I have been looking at lots of before and after pics. Some with unders, others with overs.
I just wondered if sub-muscular implants of the same cc as overs would look the same size?
derbylou
derbylou
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 283

Back to top Go down

Overs vs Unders. Is there a size difference? Empty Re: Overs vs Unders. Is there a size difference?

Post by derbylou 20th September 2010, 1:32 pm

Just to clarify. I know that overs are right for me, its just that it seems that a lot of the before and after pics on the web are of partial/sub-muscular implants. I am looking at around 400cc round implants and wondered if looking at similar size pics of unders would give me a good idea of size.
Hope that makes some sense!
Thanks girls xx.
derbylou
derbylou
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Overs vs Unders. Is there a size difference? Empty Re: Overs vs Unders. Is there a size difference?

Post by natalia 20th September 2010, 2:20 pm

your surgeon wil choose whetheir u have unders or overs u dont really get that choice i wanted unders but my surgeon did overs im actually quite glad he did now i like the rounded look that u get with them xxxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by kate613 20th September 2010, 2:29 pm

I would have thought that overs would make you look bigger but I don't know for sure. It's an interesting one. I have 390cc unders they seem smaller in cup size that alot of ladies on here but I always think that because I really started with nothing!! I think it has alot to do with your stats how big they look probably xx
kate613
kate613
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 91

Back to top Go down

Post by Vix 20th September 2010, 3:08 pm

Hi there,
i have 375 overs and started a 34b, mine are round implants and do not look fake because i had enough tissue to start with to cover the implant, most surgeons will take this into consideration when deciding which to go for. I am now between 34 E and 36 DD, i am afraid i do not have any pictures up to show. I am not tiny so these implants suit my frame. I hope this has helped a little xx
Vix
Vix
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 241

Back to top Go down

Post by 21jane 20th September 2010, 3:13 pm

hey if you have the same implant volume cc placed over the muscle or under the muscle the one under the muscle would look smaller as you loose a percentage of the implant with unders, hope this helps x
21jane
21jane
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Post by derbylou 20th September 2010, 3:22 pm

21jane wrote:hey if you have the same implant volume cc placed over the muscle or under the muscle the one under the muscle would look smaller as you loose a percentage of the implant with unders, hope this helps x

Thanks for that comment. I did wonder if that was the case. Its just I dont want to go too big, and looking at pics of unders it is worth knowing that they might turn out a bit bigger on me as Im having unders. I find it interesting that most of the pics on the web are of partials/unders. It seems in America they seem to do more of those than the overs. Anyway my surgeon says I have enough breast tissue in the upper chest to have overs.
xxx.
derbylou
derbylou
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by derbylou 20th September 2010, 3:24 pm

Meant to say Im having overs by the way. Typing too fast for my brain lol.
derbylou
derbylou
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm 20th September 2010, 3:27 pm

I don't know, I've heard loads of times that a bit of the size is lost with unders, but I don't get it... cos the implant is still there isn't it! Maybe it just looks a bit smaller cos it's squashed flatter.

xx
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 20th September 2010, 6:45 pm

I read and was told at a consultation that with unders you look like you lose between 10-15% due to the muscle sitting on the implant and holding it down more firmly. With overs they are less restricted nd move like your breast tissue so nothing is holding them down. : )
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 20th September 2010, 8:35 pm

I wouldn't say that unders guarantees you a loss of size at all.

There are ladies on this forum (nads our admin is one of them) who have had re-op going from unders to overs who have not had any increase in breast size as would be expected if the theory of a loss from unders were true, therefore putting the theory of a loss of breast size with unders to rest.

And then there are others who after their re-op from unders to overs have increased their bust size.

This whole size thing is a lot of a mystery! But I certainly would not bank of losing a percentage of bust size with unders as this does not always happen. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by yumymummy 20th September 2010, 9:22 pm

Tbh i havent got a clue Hysterical
i had unders and im well happy with them!
didnt have a choice about whether i wanted unders or overs my surgeon decided this
x x

yumymummy
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 465

Back to top Go down

Post by derbylou 21st September 2010, 3:09 pm

Thanks for that Cookie. Sounds like it is not black and white.
xxxxx.
derbylou
derbylou
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieB 22nd September 2010, 3:00 pm

This was a question I raised with my surgeon and he said that it makes no difference BUT I have read many times you lose some size but not enough to really notice!! I currently have overs and will be having unders this time around on the surgeons advice! I think Cookie summed it up well! x
CharlieB
CharlieB
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 846

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi27 23rd September 2010, 9:19 pm

I've been told that I have very little and thin breast tissue so what should I be getting? One surgeon has said partials and one overs? I am also getting an uplift. Confused! xx
Lexi27
Lexi27
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 24th September 2010, 12:05 pm

Lexi27 wrote:I've been told that I have very little and thin breast tissue so what should I be getting? One surgeon has said partials and one overs? I am also getting an uplift. Confused! xx

As a general rule you can have overs if you have enough tissue to cover the implant. If not then you would have to have unders. But you can have unders whether you have enough tissue or not. Uf you have been told you can have overs then the surgeon must think you have enough tissue to cover the implant. : )
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieB 24th September 2010, 3:23 pm

I must add the MAIN reason I am having unders this time is to reduce my risk of CC - which I currently have in my right breast. I could have overs if I wanted but I am going with my surgeons advice. x
CharlieB
CharlieB
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 846

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down