Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long did you leave it to drive post op?

+4
pinkbabe
minxie
mellie76
CJA2010
8 posters

Go down

How long did you leave it to drive post op? Empty How long did you leave it to drive post op?

Post by CJA2010 23rd August 2010, 10:45 am

Hi girls,

I just wondered how long you left it before you got behind the wheel again? At the moment there's no way I feel like I could drive but I've got to be back at work tues after bank hol weekend and I'm starting to worry that I may not be ok to drive by then as I still feel incredibly swollen and stiff.

Xx

CJA2010
CJA2010
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 378

Back to top Go down

How long did you leave it to drive post op? Empty Re: How long did you leave it to drive post op?

Post by mellie76 23rd August 2010, 11:51 am

hello
i'm gonna give it a bash today and drive to tesco. want to get a bunch of flowers for my aunt to say thanks for coming to the hospital with me on thursday.
i shall put a small cushion over boobies and will take it easy. haven't got power steering....GGRRR!
will let you know how i get on.
hope you ok hun.
x x x x
mellie76
mellie76
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 362

Back to top Go down

How long did you leave it to drive post op? Empty Re: How long did you leave it to drive post op?

Post by minxie 23rd August 2010, 11:59 am

I had my op on the Saturday and was driving again by the Thursday! I'm sure that was a bit naughty as you're supposed to leave it a week, but I felt absolutely fine. I think it's really down to you as an individual and how you feel. As with everything - if it hurts don't do it!

Mx
minxie
minxie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 847

Back to top Go down

Post by CJA2010 23rd August 2010, 12:02 pm

Hey mellie! Do you have an automatic or manuel? Good luck - be careful !!

How are you recovering - you ok? Are you able to lift your arms up yet? I can but I do get a few twinges!! I've not really done a whole lot since Thursday was planning on going out to walk around the block later. Gonna start to slowly get back into things!! Xx

CJA2010
CJA2010
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 23rd August 2010, 1:14 pm

I think I waited about 10days till I drove again. Aslong as you take it easy you should be fine. But if it dont feel right then I wouldnt get behind the wheel. xx
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisylou 23rd August 2010, 1:26 pm

I was driving after a week,it was ok but I could feel it when I put the car into reverse. Its very early days for you and you will feel better and better every day xxx
Daisylou
Daisylou
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 125

Back to top Go down

Post by ceejay 23rd August 2010, 1:38 pm

hi cja

i had no choice had to drive home on day 3 - wrapped my v pilliow round and under each arm for support but it was still painful.

Drove this morning too and it was fine.

xx
ceejay
ceejay
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 85

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 23rd August 2010, 1:43 pm

It's actually illegal to drive unless you're able to conduct an emergency stop safely (can you imagine having to do an emergency stop with sore boobies! :pale: )... Until you feel comfortable in the car I wouldn't drive hun.

I was about 2 weeks post-op before I was able to get behind the wheel comfortably, it did ache a little putting the gears into reverse and fifth but I was careful and competent so was just fine.

Drive when you feel ready hun, don't compare your recovery to that of others. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mellie76 23rd August 2010, 3:39 pm

hey CJA
yeah got on fine driving. have got a manual. used both hands to shift into reverse, but everything else was really good. felt good to be driving again. just didn't race any g-boys at the traffic lights today lol!
you had bigger implants than me hun, so it's no wonder you are pretty sore. yeah, i'm doing really good. boobies felt like rocks in the night, so took a couple of paracetamol.
x x x x
mellie76
mellie76
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CJA2010 23rd August 2010, 4:07 pm

mellie76 wrote:hey CJA
yeah got on fine driving. have got a manual. used both hands to shift into reverse, but everything else was really good. felt good to be driving again. just didn't race any g-boys at the traffic lights today lol!
you had bigger implants than me hun, so it's no wonder you are pretty sore. yeah, i'm doing really good. boobies felt like rocks in the night, so took a couple of paracetamol.
x x x x

you do make me laugh mellie!! Pleased you got back safe and sound!! I'm gonna see hoe I feel Friday I think and if I feel up to it will have a go at driving to the local shops.

I'm getting the strapping that is at the top of my chest removed Thursday and boy I can't wait!! Freedom!!! I feel so restricted with it on I'm sure that's what's holding me back!! :)

CJA2010
CJA2010
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mellie76 23rd August 2010, 4:13 pm

yeah, that strap does sound awful. my boobies are like rocks, and i can't imagine how it must feel having a strap compressing them too.
enjoy your trip to the hairdressers tomorrow. i'm sure it will feel like heaven getting your hair done.
x x x x
mellie76
mellie76
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CJA2010 23rd August 2010, 4:20 pm

I can't wait!! My hair is DRIPPING with oil!! Nice!! Xx
CJA2010
CJA2010
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by izzie37 23rd August 2010, 4:33 pm

I waited a week and felt ok sort of, but it hurt putting it into gear, ideally you should wait 7-14 days as your reactions could be slower, i wouldnt have attempted it at 4 days!! god no i was still in agony with the GA after affects lol ..
izzie37
izzie37
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 469

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down